NHL Offseason Moves / Discussion

wonder what the notion behind this is....Eriksson provides what that Seguin didn't? outside of smaller cap hit

i hope the "big" move to buy out grabo wasn't to throw more cash at clarkson..

someone is goign to get a steal with Stephen Weiss if he stays healthy...

also if that north of $6 million for clarkson is true...nonis is truly dumber than he looks

Lets buyout a good center with 4 years left to give an average one 5-8 years

Wowowowwowowowowow

I actually dont mind the buyout at all.. frees up a whole lot of space to sign guys... its clear they overpaid him for what he is... he got beat on soooooo many draws this year it wasnt funny, he played third line minutes because he was a third line talent and he lost his ice time to players who played into the system more.

I wish they could have traded for him (horcoff takes up same space) but I dont think its that dumb

I like him, he hustles, but he also spends more time off his skates than he does on...

somebody will get him, heard Nashville, but he just didnt fit... hes not a 5.5 mill center (16 points in 48 games)

Carlyle used him horribly

every advanced stat with gf/60 or cf/60 had him way ahead of Bozak and with similar team mates

he's not a 3rd line center he's a 2nd line center and Carlyle just didn't like him

IMO he's a fringe 2nd line center who got outplayed for ice time with Carlyle... you have to play the coaches system and he got outplayed for it... Kadri is the 2nd liner and played like it.

he was always beat on the draws in bad situations, and not in on the forecheck regaularly if his faceoff loss put them in a defensive situation

he had the same ice time he was given in a 2nd line role and couldnt play his way back... its a compete thing IMO...

And I do think Bozal will be overpaid... but I like the Grabo buy out... if he's not your 2nd line C you cant ay him 5.5 mill and eat up cap space with Kadri, Kessel, Bernier etc all upcoming RFAs

I actually dont mind the buyout at all.. frees up a whole lot of space to sign guys... its clear they overpaid him for what he is... he got beat on soooooo many draws this year it wasnt funny, he played third line minutes because he was a third line talent and he lost his ice time to players who played into the system more.

I wish they could have traded for him (horcoff takes up same space) but I dont think its that dumb

I like him, he hustles, but he also spends more time off his skates than he does on...

somebody will get him, heard Nashville, but he just didnt fit... hes not a 5.5 mill center (16 points in 48 games)

heard detroit had interest

@BizNasty2point0: There are 2 rules when playing with me Mike Ribeiro. Rule #1: Get me the puck. Rule #2: Don't forget rule #1. #FreeAgentFrenzy

one of those "why the fuck couldnt (insert my team name here) make that trade?"

ya the only real loss there is silver, Noesen is just potential at this point and the 1st is probably in the 10-20 range (although that division is going to be tough next year)

Ryan has four seasons with 30+ goals and he's only 26

i really like the Weiss signing in Detroit, Alfie is overpaid but it's 1 year only so not a huge deal

Edmonton signings were good too but they overpaid on Gordon, and Ference has been shielded by some other guys in Boston, don't think he can play premier shutdown minutes like he will be asked to do

im really confused on alfies move

he got offered whatever money he wanted, knew Murray was working on Ryan, but chose Detroit

i get wanting a cup contender but Detroit has been built over the years for the west, move to the east and arent getting any younger... I think ottawa will be better

free agent day is all about over spending... best time to add pieces is trade deadline etc.

every team has the same problem in a bidding war

yep the only thing to me might be the Swedish connection? not wanting to move?

that division next year is going to be so hard to make the playoffs in

Boston/Pitt would have made more sense in the East

even the Rangers

his quotes were like a stomach punch to Sens fans though, had to be, not hat he ripped them just the "I don't have much time etc."

Sens need one of their young centers to pan out though, and they are a cup contender in the next 2-3 seasons I think

Back