NHL Offseason Moves / Discussion

Canucks get instantly better, Horvat can be a 3rd line C next season instantly and Luongo/Schnieds is a wash

with Lack/Erikksson in the system as well they can trade the younger guy

Schnieder 2 years away from UFA, I wonder what goes on with him and Marty this year

depends on what Bolland signs for

he's getting paid as a 2nd liner right now and he's not a 2nd line center, he had a horrible playoffs too

I think Gillis got rocked for Schneider.... but Gillis was so handcuffed for obvious reasons, he did what he could...

I dont give him credit for not trading within division to get more... IMO thats a BS copout... make your team better, and maximize ROI

I dont mind Bolland trade... no assets traded hands from Leafs, get a guy who can fill in for Frattin... done and doen
ne

Dreger got it wrong initially

Canucks asked for 7/37 and a prospect from Edmonton, that's not what Edmonton offered, MacT turned it down

I would rather get 9 from the Devils than 7/37 from Edmonton, prospect would have made it or break taken it (especially with the way the playoffs are set up now in division the first 2 rounds)

very happy with how it went today, once the new CBA was signed it always had to be Luongo and Luongo + 9th overall is much better than Schnieds + nothing

still have 2 hours to see if they move Edler as well, be interesting

they don't have huge cap problems now (9m in space once Ballard is gone) so it's not as necessary

nice move by the Devils to trade for a pick in the 7th round and let Marty announce they are drafting his son

i like horvat... I mean MVP of playoffs with what, 15 goals?

but its so hard to get a proven goalie...

he got what he could I guess

ideal situation would have been trading him or Lou last summer, CBA just came up in the wrong year

would have probably gotten more value for both

I am surprised other teams weren't in on him though (i.e Philly)

Feaster is just a joke with Calgary's picks, after Monahan at 6 every guy they took was off the board but he said was in their top ___

for 22/28 it was top 10

I think Gillis got rocked for Schneider.... but Gillis was so handcuffed for obvious reasons, he did what he could...

I dont give him credit for not trading within division to get more... IMO thats a BS copout... make your team better, and maximize ROI

Totally agree, Schneider is a proven winner in the league coming up on his prime, Bobby Lu is past his prime and you have to deal wit the abortion contract for years. Nightmare set up and this was a desperation move.

i know a couple years ago you were talking about trading Schneider but not recently, teeed. Everything was Bobby Lu, which would make sense to me if they could trick somebody into taking on that contract.

either way all the trades you talked about were getting proven NHL players, I would never give up a top goalie for a kid who hasn't played a day in the league unless it was a cant miss prospect like a Jones or Nugent-Hopkins.

Luongo still a top 10 goalie in the league, goalies in general just don't have a lot of value, look at the last few cup winners

I said during the season and after the moves were to trade Schnieder/Edler, don't forget that

Luongo still a top 10 goalie in the league

ricky-gervais-laugh-o.gif
[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

bozak played alot of minutes... top 10 in the league if I remember right, but 8 years at what he wants is a big stretch

Dreger reporting Vinny to Philly which is interesting... they'll have to use their last buyout before tomorrow to fit him in with their cap situation right?

how does Holmgren still have a job

5 of their top 9 forwards are centers, I know Pronger off LTIR will give them about 4.5m in cap space, but even when the cap goes up that Vinny deal will look horrible in years 4/5

they have no more buyouts, they are going to have to buck up for Giroux next year, potentially Couts/Read/Schenn if they have big years

they have the room for a goalie but the only options left are Thomas and Nabokov

im interested to see what this discussion period will do to the market

I think it will help the spending, no knee jerk reactions and have players actually find what their far market value is... cough cough Bozak for 8 years

im interested to see what this discussion period will do to the market

I think it will help the spending, no knee jerk reactions and have players actually find what their far market value is... cough cough Bozak for 8 years
lol 8 years...

think it's BS

the day the trade broke there were some rumors about his gf and Kesler, but based on the fact that Schnieder and his gf are getting married in 2 weeks that seems unlikely

Watters doesn't even seem to know what it is based on this, he just knows what it's not

• Bill Watters@RealBillWatters<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4h</small>
    @wyshynski Can't clarify the issues,but I am led to believe it is not Booze or Drugs.
    Expand

• Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4h</small>
    @RealBillWatters @wyshynski. Should we care? Break trades, signings, analyze both...good and bad. But, "off-ice" issues??

Oh I forgot this also means Clarkson is getting 1st line money as a 3rd line talent too

Nonis is ruining everything burke did

Back