NHL Off-season Thread

FYEiuoRUYAA33Ss
People been keeping track if players who have denied or werent in the chl at time and crossing off, not many more than 8 left

“The person bringing the allegations forward chose not to speak with either police or with Hockey Canada’s independent investigator and also chose not to identify the players involved. This was her right, and we fully respect her wishes. We have settled this matter and as part of that settlement, we will not be commenting further.”

The lawsuit said the John Doe defendants attended a Hockey Canada Foundation Gala June 18 and following the event went to Jack’s Yard, a bar and restaurant in downtown London. The claim said that the plaintiff arrived at the bar at 11 p.m., where she met a hockey player – not listed as a defendant – who introduced her to John Doe 1 and his teammates.

The defendant players allegedly bought the woman a number of alcoholic beverages and shots and she became separated from her friends, growing more intoxicated as the night progressed.

The plaintiff said she showed evident signs of intoxication including “glassy eyes, slurred speech, stumbling and loss of balance” as she left the bar with one of the players – John Doe 1 – and went with him to the Delta London Armouries Hotel. After she engaged in sexual acts with him, John Doe 1 “invited the remainder of the John Doe defendants into the room without the knowledge or consent of the Plaintiff,” the lawsuit alleged.

According to the lawsuit, the players directed her to fondle her genitals, and perform oral sex on them. The players also allegedly straddled the plaintiff while placing their genitals in her face, slapped the plaintiff on her buttocks, spat on her, ejaculated in and on her, engaged in vaginal intercourse with her, pressured her from leaving the room when she tried to, and engaged in other sexual activities with her.

“Throughout the assaults, the plaintiff experienced an ongoing apprehension of imminent physical harm of a sexual nature,” the lawsuit said. “The actions of the John Doe defendants caused terror and fear in the plaintiff’s mind. The John Doe defendants had complete control over the plaintiff and had isolated her from others. The number of men and the fact that they had brought golf clubs to the room further intimidated the plaintiff. As a result, the plaintiff acquiesced to their repeated sexual acts and direction to engage in same, but this in no way constituted valid consent under law by the plaintiff.”

The plaintiff alleged that she was too intoxicated to provide proper consent.
Pasted a story on it from globe and mail with details

Also a ton of Matthew Tkachuk rumors today

Calgary is in an interesting spot

They finished 4th in league in regular season, then lost to Oilers

But Gaudreau is a UFA, and there have been rumors hes wanted to go back near home for awhile, would be Philly, but theres a bunch in that area. Hes gonna want a massive deal too, and while he was great last year, he wasn't the two years prior, and hes a small winger.

I think hes gone from Calgary

Tkachuk has the flames by the balls, hes an RFA, can force a 1 year deal and then be a UFA next summer. Flames cant lose both for nothing, tkachuk also had an incredible year he will never match, so his value is sky high, and hes a shitty skater, hes not gonna age well
Wish I could gave found a way to bet this

Now Matthew Tkachuk has told Calgary he won't resign so he has to be traded. The fans in Calgary deserve better than this.
They pretty much made johnny gaudreaus wife persona non grata after he signed in Columbus last week

They are getting what is just

Talk about a shitty week tho

Gaudreau leaves
Stamps drop a td in final 30 minutes
They found out they've been paying an extra 20 cents per liter of gas because the provincial party forgot to remove the tax they said they were removing in april
Stampede ended
Tkachuk wants out

Official (tm)
Would have preferred Kreider, but Trouba definitely deserving. Maybe inspires him to play even better. I know there was some momentum behind Lindgren, but tbh, I think it's time we move on from him. We have better defenseman behind him - more size, more offensively skilled. Lindgren give it his all, but not good enough.

Official (tm)
Would have preferred Kreider, but Trouba definitely deserving. Maybe inspires him to play even better. I know there was some momentum behind Lindgren, but tbh, I think it's time we move on from him. We have better defenseman behind him - more size, more offensively skilled. Lindgren give it his all, but not good enough.
I like Lindgren but the guy puts his body on the line way too much to last. The Rangers should be trading both Trouba and Lindgren away and playing Zac Jones as well as Nils Lundkvist but they don;t fit the mantra of being "hard to play against" so neither will ever get a chance.

The guy who was your best player in the playoffs
He was also part of the best line which was all young guys with Chytil and Kakko yet they didn't get enough ice time and Kakko got benched for the elimination game. The names change but the organization is poorly run from the idiot owner to the dopey GM and coach.

He was also part of the best line which was all young guys with Chytil and Kakko yet they didn't get enough ice time and Kakko got benched for the elimination game. The names change but the organization is poorly run from the idiot owner to the dopey GM and coach.
Shoulda treated last season as a year too early and built for 2023/24 to contend no argument there

If he was, he’s not anymore…

Ya that's a good signing

They are gonna have issues in 4 or 5 years with kadri because of his play style I dont think he ages well, and huberdeau deal may not look good in 5 years either

But treleving has done a great job, 2 of his best players want out, he turns it into kadri, huberdeau and resigns him, and a top pairing d man in weegar

Flames got better, and they have a nice 3-5 year window

Kadri is going to piss mcdavid off like no one else as well in boa

Ya that's a good signing

They are gonna have issues in 4 or 5 years with kadri because of his play style I dont think he ages well, and huberdeau deal may not look good in 5 years either

But treleving has done a great job, 2 of his best players want out, he turns it into kadri, huberdeau and resigns him, and a top pairing d man in weegar

Hmm

Only 7m for kadri is a steal as well, at least for first 3 or 4 years

People were expecting him to get 8 or 9

Hes being paid for what he was before last year, not inflated stats or playing with mac and rants all season

Ya that's a good signing

Agreed. I think they got a little better as well, but you’re right about the window they have. 5 years is a long time though before they have to worry about it.

Kadri off a career year and over 30 is more than likely going to be a bad signing right away especially with his hard checking style of play but good luck to Calgary.

Kadri off a career year and over 30 is more than likely going to be a bad signing right away especially with his hard checking style of play but good luck to Calgary.
Hes not getting paid to be a 100 point guy though

Hes getting low end 1c/high end 2c money

If hes what he was in toronto it's still value, last few years of deep likely gonna be rough, but cap may be in 90s by then

Hes not getting paid to be a 100 point guy though

Hes getting low end 1c/high end 2c money

If hes what he was in toronto it's still value, last few years of deep likely gonna be rough, but cap may be in 90s by then
I don't like the idea of a contract this long for a guy with his playing style but it might work out the first few years.

tage thompson getting 7.1m per year for 7 years is insane by buffalo

It’s not *that* insane. He went for 38/30 last year, can easily be a point per game guy…at that point the price isn’t bad at all is it? Granted he has to continue to produce and increase a bit, I’m just saying if he does (which the Sabres expect) it shouldn’t turn out to be a bad contract.

Last edited:
It’s not *that* insane. He went for 38/30 last year, can easily be a point per game guy…at that point the price isn’t bad at all is it? Granted he has to continue to produce and increase a bit, I’m just saying if he does (which the Sabres expect) it shouldn’t turn out to be a bad contract.
I just dont see him outperforming it

Like best case scenario it's a fair deal

If the shot is legit, but he went from finishing being his problem early in his career to suddenly turning into a matthews/ovechkin type weapon

Risky

I will say, didnt realize how much cap space sabres have, so I dont think deal will actually hurt if he cuts back to say like a 20-25 goal guy

Okposo 6m comes off after this season which will help with some of the raises power and cozens are gonna get

Lots of young talent coming too in quinn, savoie, tulich

Tulich, quinn, and thompson could all have elite finishing too which would be nice

I'm a fan of what sabres are doing in general, definitely won eichel deal

Just need a goalie at some point and playoffs start to become a real possibility

That skinner contract goes so long still jfc

With playoff division format too and bruins likely aging out of their core soon

Real chance we get a leafs sabres playoff series at some point in next 5 years

Games in buffalo with all the leafs fans would make for an incredible atmosphere

With playoff division format too and bruins likely aging out of their core soon

Real chance we get a leafs sabres playoff series at some point in next 5 years

Games in buffalo with all the leafs fans would make for an incredible atmosphere

I know I've mentioned before, but my first time in the new barn was Sabres/Leafs Round 1 playoff series where Rob fucking Ray scored a goal and the roof was about to be blown off the place. It was a blowout in the end, and just an amazing atmosphere.

I will say, didnt realize how much cap space sabres have, so I dont think deal will actually hurt if he cuts back to say like a 20-25 goal guy

Okposo 6m comes off after this season which will help with some of the raises power and cozens are gonna get

Lots of young talent coming too in quinn, savoie, tulich

Tulich, quinn, and thompson could all have elite finishing too which would be nice

I'm a fan of what sabres are doing in general, definitely won eichel deal
)
Just need a goalie at some point and playoffs start to become a real possibility

That skinner contract goes so long still jfc

The Sabres are still on my shit list, exclusively because of how the Pegulas have handled them since taking over, but they really have seemed to get some really good young talent and can possibly start making playoffs again. UPL (Ukko Pekka Luukkonen) , if he pans out, will be that goalie you're speaking of here.

Whether or not they end up winning the Eichel trade, that entire thing was a disaster on the organization's part. They lost Eichel AND Reinhart...when they could have easily built around them for the future. They refused to budge on Eichel with his shoulder, and then predictably the "Eichel is a cancer" stories started leaking out. Fuck the Pegulas. Hopefully the Sabres can win in spite of the best example of "a fan suddenly has enough money to buy his hometown sports team and has no fucking clue what he's doing" having taken place for many, many years now.

Back