NFL Playoffs

Have some other commenst about the Zona running game and Edge in the OverNite Discussion thread if anyone cares . Cut and paste when I get a chance.

Playing the Colts as we speak...According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, LaDainian Tomlinson has a detached tendon that connects one of his adductor (groin) muscles to his pubic bone.

Tomlinson is expected to be a game-time decision for Saturday night's game against the Colts, and he plans to at least attempt to play after physical therapy has blunted the pain. The injury will affect Tomlinson's ability to make cuts, but it's not yet known if surgery will be required to fix the tendon. Expect Darren Sproles to take on a much larger role beginning Saturday. Jan. 3 - 12:32 pm et

LT suffered with the toe injury most of the year and the ground game suffered . I love Sproles but this might be the day they wish they had Turner still as he can carry the load 25 or so times . This may also take Sproles out of the punt and kick return games which he can be lethal in . Add this to the fact Indy is healthier on defense then it has been and Gates ws supposedly worse then LT on Thursday ..

Played the Under 50 , have some teasers with it as well ....post shortly ...:cheers:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by PURPLE & GOLD
Arizona cant run the ball period. The discussion can be ended right there.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Disagree, Edge James can do enough . Can they run it well ? Probably not but ATL sells out on defense they are going to let Edge try and beat them.

Edge
@ SF 26 c 100yds - last drive 8c 26yds so 18c 74 yds before that. Zona had a TD lead and chewed up like 9,10 minutes just handing the ball off and get 3 yards a carry. SF ended up allowing 3.8 YPC about 13th in the NFL

vs Miami 18c 55 yds - really didnt get Edge involved early omly 2 1st runs and think just 5 1st H runs .. Phins solid DL was 10th in yards allowed but did allow a suprising 4.2 YPC but NE twice and Den could have played a role

@ Wash 18c 93 yds - they allow 3.8 YPC and 8th in yds allowed on the ground. He got involved early and his 1st 4c for 25 yds and 5c 25 yds on the 1st. he did fumble on a 5 yd catch setting up a Wash score and had 7 yd ,3 yd , 12 , 3 ,3 after that as Zona didnt have the ball much and last drive went heavy on the pass. So impressive 10c 53yds and 2 R 15yds but the bad fumble ..in the 1st H ...After half 3,8,6,3,1 on the initial ARI 2nd H drive , then they dont run it until the 4th Q with him -3 , 16 and 6 when they did....think it shows how important establishing the run and sticking to it somewhat can be for them ..did it at SF it worked , did not vs Miami and had a big lead regardless early then did @ Wash..

@NYJ 9c 29yds - Jets are 7th vs the run tied with tenny allowing 3.7 YPC and early on were really tough when Jenkins was a beast , fell behind big in the 2nd Q uhm 34-0 that period ! , jets earned 14 on offense with 2 nice drives but also were handed 20pts off turnovers ..Zona fumbles inside the jet 30 on the opening drive and then after an INT starting at NYJ 19 go backwards and miss the FG ...so while NY had run 6 plays ARI missed on 6 to 14points in a scoreless game and not suprising next drive after the missed FG the jets started the offense up getting the 1st TD. Zona after the 1st Q had 4 more 2nd Quarter turnovers basically producing 6 with the 1st Q fumble then missed FG in 7possessions and yet respond in the 2nd H with 5 straight TDs , another fumble and time runs out when ZOna is inside th Jet 10 yd line ..1st drive run 12 plays and Edge get 2 carries for 2 then 3 yds . SOmehow Zona turns a 1st goal at the 9 into a 3rd and goal at the 32 ! Then Boldin gains a few yards and fumbles ...then 1st and 10 a the the Jet 16 edge gets 7yds then a 1 yd and on 3rd and 2 incomplete and holing penalty ...FG blocked ..NYJ scores down 6-0 after missed PAT , Edge 2yds then none and then pick 6 TD by Warner , so 1st G just 6 carries and 15 yards ..1st drive after the half 8 yds , 4yd TD run and then 2yd TD run and his day was over ..cant say he was ineffective getting 2 TDs from 4 and 2 yds on the 1st sho plus 8 and 7 yd carries in a whole 9attempts...decent performance

Buff 21c 57 yds-22nd vs the run in yds allowing 4.3 ypc again the NE factor though , Edge 13 yds , 1 , 2 , 0 , 0 . What stands out besides the low yardage ? Ari on 1st down ran the 1 , 2 , 0 , 0 carries on 2nd and 10 they got the 13 . Again just shows undedicated Zona is to the run . Its like okay mandatory 1st down handoff where they mine as well tap the defense on teh shoulder and tell them the exact play . Would guess the amount of runs on 1st downs is so crazy lopsided and every team knows it cause i sure noticed looking at the game logs. next series he gets goes for 4yds on 2nd and 10 , then 15 yd 1st down run , capped by 1yd TD run ... so 8c 36yds and was 7 for 35 before the TD plunge but unbalanced runs , 2nd H back to running on 1st downs again Mr.Obvious OC ...Edge -3 , no yards and 1st and goal at the 5 he gets 3 yds.., then 1st and 15 he gets 3 , 4 ,2 ,3,3, 0,5,-1(on 4th and 2 ) ..again just obvious running situations and no suprise they didnt run it ..

Dal 9c 29yds--1st H Zona 19plays amd 51 yds TOTAL offense !
9 , -1 , 4 , 2 , 4 in the 1st Q 5c 18yds then 2nd Q 1c 1yd then 3rd Q 3, 8 ,3 so he looks like he ran okay as well IMO with such few carries 1 or 2 bad ones kills the avg just like 1 or 2 long ones would inflate it ..

Sea 14c 100yds- this and NE he ran with passion and pride IMO the only Card who showed any @ NE ...

So besides facing some solid and better defenses think ARI has a flaw in calling obvious run plays . When they could easily pass to set up the run instead of just hadning it off on 1st down when the defense expects it and you show a serious pattern of running it in comparision to other downs .....SO playcalling for one and also run blocking may suffer when your run blocking 3 or 4 times a Quarter week after week there is no groove to find....

If ATL does what they have done often choosen the lesser of 2 evils for the opposing offense to beat them . Then with a COver 2 defense and dropping it back plus shadowing a safety on Fitz , Edge will have room to run if they mix it up will and start early with the run..

Guess in a reflection of what the NFL has to offer Edge probably still rates as a top 20 back IMO ..definetly better then Jamal Lewis or Thomas Jones still IMO ...and they guy had decent hands but costly fumbles @ Wash and @ Carolina hurt him...

Also lets be honest the coaching staff doesnt like Edge either IMO at this point and he feels the same way . Just pointing out and not taking a side on it . That is always great motivation and coaches have the leeway of saying here is your chance prove Edge prove me or us wrong . If Edge plays well Wisenhunt gets the credit and if he plays poorly Edge is old and gets the blame . No lose situation for ZOna IMO.....

Opportunity is there to run the ball EFFECTIVELY . ATlanta allows 4.9 YPC on the ground this year and that is tied for 4th worst with STL but also are 5th in runs allowed over 20 yds with 16 . Think they had 3 fumbles vs Minny on running plays which was half of the 6 they recovered all season.

The difference is SEASONS is simple. Atlanta has not committed turnovers and Arizona had like 30 but usually in bunches vs the better teams ...cant have that today and ATL won 3 games with 3 turnovers which is "lucky" in the game of football...cause its hard to overcome that momentum shift 3 times in 4 quarters..:shake:

Have some other commenst about the Zona running game and Edge in the OverNite Discussion thread if anyone cares . Cut and paste when I get a chance.

Playing the Colts as we speak...According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, LaDainian Tomlinson has a detached tendon that connects one of his adductor (groin) muscles to his pubic bone.

Tomlinson is expected to be a game-time decision for Saturday night's game against the Colts, and he plans to at least attempt to play after physical therapy has blunted the pain. The injury will affect Tomlinson's ability to make cuts, but it's not yet known if surgery will be required to fix the tendon. Expect Darren Sproles to take on a much larger role beginning Saturday. Jan. 3 - 12:32 pm et

LT suffered with the toe injury most of the year and the ground game suffered . I love Sproles but this might be the day they wish they had Turner still as he can carry the load 25 or so times . This may also take Sproles out of the punt and kick return games which he can be lethal in . Add this to the fact Indy is healthier on defense then it has been and Gates ws supposedly worse then LT on Thursday ..

Played the Under 50 , have some teasers with it as well ....post shortly ...:cheers:

I like the under Nut, but I am hesitant to play INDY on the road against an inspired San Diego team....Gl

Thanks Trout ...I liked SD initially but losing 2 out of their top 3 offensive players against a team like Indy just seems like a bit much to overcome . Especially if it takes Sproles out of the kick games . Colts defense has been very good vs the pass and well we know the dimension that Sanders adds but think Eric Foster could be available as well . As much as I praised and pounded SD the past 2 weeks the fact TB and Denver probably outside of the Jets were the 2 teams who just fell apart or reality caught up to them...Denver game was a blowout but the offense rolled and the defense didnt which same deal happened @ TB...

Just think the injuries loom large and I know SD has been in this shorthanded situation before in the postseason but they also dont have Merriman on defense . Thinking a slow start which is par for the course when it comes to Indy on the road ....

Anyway be back in a few to finish my ARIZONA plays ..:cheers:Thanks and GL if you bit on anything

Played:

Arizona +1 (280)
1st Q +0.5 -160 (40)
1st Half +0.5 -120 (120)
Zona +11.5 , Over 27.5 Miami and Under 51.5 Eagles ( Teaser -120) (160)

Interested in:
Arizona TT Over 25 +100 but 24 would be fantastic.
Kurt Warner Over passing yards and Edge over rushing Yards

Lean to :
Indy with SD nursing huge injuries to LT and Gates . Seemed like LT was finally healthy and playing well but now this . Indy's defense has eally played well in the 2nd Half of the season and should be fairly healthy . Thinking UNDER as well .

Sunday :
I lean strong to Miami but the fact that Tenny is on deck in a rematch has me very hestitant because of how that LOSS unfolded earlier . Just might grab the +3.5 and not the ML. DO like the over though as well though pretty big. Miami and Over teaser ?

Minny unlikely to have Pat Williams but Samuel banged up for Philly as well . Definetly like the UNDER and Vikes ....

Really like the teaser but has moved a tad and off some key numbers IMO ..+11.5 or better for Zona and Eagles 51.5 or better ..balt at 28 not that big off a deal IMO...

Good Luck more tmrw ...damn injury reports holding me up also if I could ever get Zona +1.5 again would like a 2 team teaser with UConn in CFB....-0.5 and +7.5

Damn computer froze ...no suprises though..BOL :cheers:

Final Plays :
Arizona +1 (280)
Arizona ML -120 (200)
Under 52 (80)

1st Q Zona +0.5 -160 (40)
1st Q Under 10 (80)
1st Half Zona +0.5 -120 (120)

Under 25 Falcons TT (80)
Over 26 Cards (80)

Props:
Under 98.5 rushing +140 Turner (40)
Over Warners 275.5 yd -200(20)
Over 69.5 rushing yds Edge + Hightower -165 (80)

Alright , got the laptop straightened out and restarted. Back to work on the SD game ...any thoughts scribble them down I am always interested ..

Missed 2 props on the Zona game that look solid so far : Ov 88.5 yds Fitz and Ov Edge rushing yards ....procrastination is my weakness...

Played Indy and Under already just working on seeing what else might make sense. Remember INDY very slow on offense this year on the road....:shake:

Pat myself on the back for this comment....

-No defense in the playoffs has fewer takeaways than Atlanta's (18). Now this is saying on paper a turnover prone team is catching a break as ATL has not forced many turnovers or recovered them..which could mean dropped INT's or not grabbing a loose ball at a key moment .

Keith brooking made me look smart ..lol:shake:

Warner has completed only 5 passes.. Shocking... but for 150 yards

I am 100% positive its the playcallling that holds Zona back more then anything . Its so terrible its almost funny ...The whole point about ranting about the Cards run game was if they just established early and stuck with it they would do well . Of course Edge has 5 carries 33 yds and they just throw about every play after that ...

Lost the battle of th e line scrimmage most of the end of the 2nd H as well....

2nd H :

Under 26 -110 (120)
Hedge : Atl +0.5 -125 (80)

:cheers:

wow last 2 mins fucked everything up for arizona

Yes, nothing like leading the whole way win the 1st Q , 1st Q under and then lose the half to get vigged out ....

but Rolle just scored ! That was HUGE ......not for my 2nd H bets but anyway ..:cheers:

SN - I'm pretty much playing today like you are. On Arizona pretty big, and loved the way things started, but didn't like how they ended. So I also hedged out a bit at the half, only to see Arizona's D come up with a huge play. Hopefully the Cards can still pull this out. GL.

I'm a bit concerned here about the Cardinals offense. 21 points, but 14 on offense, and both of their TD's came on big plays. Granted, big plays are going to happen in that offense, but they really haven't put together successful drives tonight...

This took me forever to locate . The dribble I write ....90 minutes to locate this damn post ....I still have to look at it and reflect on it ...

Updated:
1st Quarter Jags WON 7-0
2nd Quarter Jags won WON 10-7
1st H : Jags Lead 17-7
3rd Q Tied 7 -7
4th Quarter : Colts win 17-0

From the Files of SN:

Indy playing its last ROAD game of the year and most of us are aware of how they stole a few of them .

However its actually even suprising to me when we look @ Indy 1st H's on the road this year . Why 1st Half ? Kinda commonsense if they are known to be stealing a few games late they must have been trailing in the game.

@ Minnesota
Trailed 9-0

@Houston
Trailed 17-10

@GB
Trailed 17-7

@Tenny
Led 7-6

@ Pitt
Trailed 17-14

@SD
TIED 10-10

@ CLE
Trailed 6-3

at the HALF Indy is 1-5-1 SU not even ATS! More suprising is they have scored 50 points in 7 1st H or a tad above 7 pts per (7.15apprx)

Even crazier is the 2nd Q's in these games . Same order as posted above starting with Minny ending @ Cle:

Lost 3-0

Lost 17-0

Lost 14-0

Lost 3-0

Lost 10-7

Lost 10-7

Lost 3-0

They have LOST every 2nd Q on the road this season . They didnt even score a point in the 2nd Q (away) until @ Pitt when they scored a TD less then seconds before halftime . The only other points in the 2nd Q was a TD a week later @ SD with 38 seconds left before halftime .

They are 0-7 SU in 2nd Q and out scored 60-14

1st Quarter a tad better ..only lost 6-0 @ Minny . Otherwise 2 Ties , 1 won by a FG , twice by 4 pts(7-3 both times) and once they won 10-0(@ Houston odd as it is seems)..so 4-1-2 SU.

Away 4th Quarters in 6 road WINS:
Colts win 17-0 @ Jax , win 7-0 @ Cle , lose 10-6 @ SD , @ Pitt win 7-3 , @ Houston 21-7 , @ Minny 11-0

What this means I truly have NO idea but obviously stuck out as amazing and odd....Being its game 8 it wouldnt suprise me to see these trends end but it did not !

Indy @ SD :

Colts -120 (200) -125 (120)
Under 50 (120)

Colts +8.5 , Under 59.5 SD , Under 51.5 Eagles (80)

TT Under 25 Chargers -115 (40)
Under 1st Quarter 10-115 (80)

Looking at few more things still ...:cheers:

Final Plays :+644

Arizona +1 (280)
Arizona ML -120 (200)
Under 52 (80)
+392

1st Q Zona +0.5 -160 (40)
1st Q Under 10 (80)
1st Half Zona +0.5 -120 (120)

Under 25 Falcons TT (80)
Over 26 Cards (80)
+160

Props:
Under 98.5 rushing +140 Turner (40) only 42 yds
Over Warners 275.5 yd -200(20) damn 271..lol
Over 69.5 rushing yds Edge + Hightower -165 (80) 100++yds

2nd H :
Under 26 -110 (120)
Hedge : Atl +0.5 -125 (80)
+116

Dont be suprised to see Zona in the Super Bowl ...the NFC is that exploitable ...

Can Arizona run the rock ? Yes , EDGE can !

Last edited:
With you on the Colts, SN, nice work with Arizona.

Thanks JP and Chance from earlier ...always good to see ya bro..

I tell ya the Cards are fucking heartattack city! The play calling is so bad ..having 3 studs in Warner , Fitz , Boldin when 100% and now Edge maybe ...okay just a horse ...

ATL just failed to make plays ...game was a coin flip but the key was te quick defensive scrore after half ....White dropped that TD...1st H ...:cheers:

Good Luck bro...

Indy @ SD :

Colts -120 (200) -125 (120)
Under 50 (120)

Colts +8.5 , Under 59.5 SD , Under 51.5 Eagles (80)

Looking at few more things still ...:cheers:

Changed my mind some on Indy seems like the Gates injury was overblown ..

so the last played I made trying to middle SD +3 -125 (120)

Teasers: SD +8.5 and Under 55 (40) and SD +8.5 with Over 43 (40)

..GL :cheers:

Final Playlist: (sorry for the confusion )

Colts ML -120 (200)
Colts ML -125 (120) middle SD +3 -130 (120)
Under 50 (120)

Colts +8.5 , Under 59.5 SD , Under 51.5 Eagles (80) Teaser -120
SD +8.5 and Under 55 (40) Teaser-120
SD +8.5 with Over 43 (40) Teaser -120

2nd Quarter SD PK -115 (80)
1st Half SD +0.5 -120 (120)

Over 56.5 yds Dallas Clark -150(40)

Good Luck all..

Just listening to the continued emphasis on the injuries and hearing Turner say Gates was looking good got my mind in motion. After all he was the guy on Thursday who was in terrible shape and LT okay to playif it was gameday . My 1st instinct was SD here and it was the classic long winning streak team playing a team who is just forming a win streak ( mentioned this in hoops before DET defeated Orl last week).

Already locked and loaded I just decided to hedge some in what should be a close game regardless ....

The Quarter plays are all trends I have mentioned this year and 1st Q under also because figure slow starts are normal for indy and Peyton played less then a quarter last week and Addai hasnt played much at all lately maybe needing to shake off some rust or find a rythymn ...Plus how SD was going to be with questionable status of the two stars ...Dallas Clark has been more involved in road games for the most part and 31 st vs the pass for SD....

Would love a tie at half because I am kinda feeling SD now...but real just stuck on the undecided line but have plays I am not comfortable with ...:cheers:

Colts now an amazing 0-9 in 2nd Q's this season on the road ! 70-21 reg season and 14-3 today ....84-24 WOW !:cheers:

Part 1 : Hedge the Full game play of Indy ML (200) which I did with SD +3 -120 but clearly SD winning by 1 is a fuck fest ...As I said I soured on Indy as gametime approached and LT , Gates looked fine . They havent even hit a deep ball yet to Vince Jackson. Indy looks out of sync on offense ....

Part 2 : SD +3 -115 (120)

Just as a regular play ...

GL- lean UNDER :cheers:

Final Playlist: +542

Colts ML -120 (200)
Colts ML -125 (120) middle SD +3 -130 (120)
Under 50 (120)

SD +8.5 and Under 55 (40) Teaser-120
SD +8.5 with Over 43 (40) Teaser -120

2nd Quarter SD PK -115 (80)
1st Half SD +0.5 -120 (120)
+320

Over 56.5 yds Dallas Clark -150(40)

2nd Half SD +3 -120 (200) Hedge
2nd Half SD +3 -115 (160)
2nd H Under 24.5 (80)
+380

Even if it wsnt the 3 rd day of the new year this was a magical day for me in the NFL , NBA and CFB....just wow and I still had my share of near misses ....

Last edited:
Pending still :

Not sure how many times I have flipped on the Balt game but have a feeling the line is inflated to attract Miami flow . I can see everyone tmrw saying SD beat Indy in the rematch so will Miami ....Problem is I cant get past Miami past 2 road games which they faught tooth and nail to win . Fighting to give everything you have to get to the playoffs and when you get there tank is empty ....and Miami vs the run ...4.2 YPC ..easiest way to tire an already fatigued defense pound on them ....

Miami is much like ATL winning games of late they very easily could have lost and probably should have lost....

so taking a position on the Balt ML now and worry about if I try and middle tmrw if I change my tune...

ALready have some Vikings at 3.5 looking for more ...dont think these plays wind up as strong as today ...

Balt ML -175 (200)-

The more I look at this game the more convinced I am if Balt is healthy they are the value play . Going back to the orginial meeting which Balt was 3 pt dogs I remember thinking how absurd the game wasnt at worst a PKem maybe Balt -1.5 . So I think I overreacted to the -3 and -3.5 initally think value in Miami . Balt has improved and is playoff tested while Miami had to win two battles the past 2 weeks to get in . That will take its toll here ...Miami is also a blue collar team sort of an Atlanta Jr which is key because Zona had stars and those stars made plays when they needed to. Not many Pro Bowler's on Miami.

Miami has allowed 4.2 YPC on the ground and that is key . Most important what no one has mentioned is how tough their road schedule was . More important is how well Joe Flacco played on the road...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=200><SPACER width="1" height="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=6>Rushing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=200><SPACER width="1" height="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Sacked</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=200><SPACER width="1" height="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18> Situation</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Total</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>80.3</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>257</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>428</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>60.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>2971</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>185.7</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>6.9</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>14</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>12</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>52</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>180</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>11.3</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>3.5</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>2</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>32</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>276</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>2</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Home</TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>66.8</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>108</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>197</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>54.8</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>1280</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>160.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>6.5</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>7</TD><TD height='\"16\"'></TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>26</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>81</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>10.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>3.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>2</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>8</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>94</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>0</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Away</TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>91.7</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>149</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>231</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>64.5</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>1691</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>211.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>7.3</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>10</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>5</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>26</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>99</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>12.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>3.8</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>0</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>182</TD><TD height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Includes @ Pitt , @ NYG , @ Dallas , @ Indiana , @ Miami , then @ Cle , @ houston , @ Cincy ....

Flacco comes off a sick effort vs Jax and eally dont see much difference bewteen Miami and Jaxs defenses . Sure Miami has the better secondary who doesnt but they faced an abundance of weak Qbs as well. Thigpen and Favre are essentially ,edicore at best right now..

What did I say about rookie QB's ? They were 2-6 in the playoffs before today and both King and Big Ben played on very good defenses just like Flacco. Really think Flacco has a Big Ben type of rise though not a beast who sheds pass rushers . In terms of level of play ..

Bottomline is you have Ray Lewis and Ed Reed this is what they are about . Winning postseason games BUT Balt hasnt won a playoff game since 2002 @ Miami no-less !

Probably play the spread as well think at -4 or less it has value and the over but hoping for a lower number:cheers:

More reason as to why NFL is all about the system and not about any single player.

LT 2007 YPC 4.7
LT 2008 YPC 3.8

Sproles 2007 YPC 4.4
Sproles 2008 YPC 5.1

how bad ass did Edge look with that visor on today playing for that contract?:36_7_1:

LT has been hurt by Turner as well . Marv threw him so many dump passes while Turner likes the deep ball...he hasnt been healthy either . Guess thats why the avg career is 3 years bbeing healthy is far from a givem...worse is LT injuries are below the waist ..

2 props for tmrw:seem like pounders

Flacco over 184.5 yds -135

McClain over 68.5 rushing -150

how bad ass did Edge look with that visor on today playing for that contract?:36_7_1:

I was enjoying listen to the idiots call the game and say who could have expected this today from Edge .....uhm me !

Edge looks good without the grill he was sporting back in his Indy days ..actually think it was just gold teeth but he held his own in the game and after ..

Now we get another University of Miami RB to pull for...

SN, look at that Miami total, I think there might be something in that over.

Playing it and Balt TT over as well . Just missed it early was hoping it dipped .

Miami's defense will allow points here and think Miami offense moves it well ...

Kinda burnt dont have the energy to write much ...

Definetly strong interest in over 38 :cheers:

Miami has been an under team at home but look at the NE and Balt games ...loaded with offense ....Ravens 6-1-1 Over away only 31-3 loss @ Indy goes under

I just put a couple of brief thoughts in that Horses thread because I thought you might be lurking there.

I'm buying out of Miami (somehow) and getting into this over instead. I didn't like this side to begin with.

I just put a couple of brief thoughts in that Horses thread because I thought you might be lurking there.

I'm buying out of Miami (somehow) and getting into this over instead. I didn't like this side to begin with.

Sounds good. I really think the defense has a rough day ...alot of their statisically success is due to the fact they were running the ball well and killing clock and cutting down the possessions . Since we know running is an issue more passing means more possessions..thats on top of hosting some weak offenses SEA , SF and OAK with injuries ..

need some sleep..:cheers:

watching espn now and see that Kansas' basketball team isn't ranked in the top 25. wow that's crazy to see. can you tell i haven't watched a game of college hoops all year?

anything for 1H for miami

Nothing concrete yet .

Miami at home I have noticed is a quick starter but in fairness they also played FOUR Western teams at 1 PM . So SD , Sea ,Oak, SF and the last 3 mentioned had key players who were absent as well , limted , and even some minor lineup changes.

Here is what I see...

Balt : Opened Miami -3 closed -3 (about 60% on Miami)
1st Q 3-3 , 2nd Q 3-14 HalfTime 3rd Q 7-3 th Q 0-7

NE : opened Miami -3 closed +1
1st Q 7-3 , 2nd Q 7-14 HalfTime 3rd Q 7-14 4th Q 7-17

Buffalo: opened Buffalo -1closed Miami -1
1st Q 7-3 , 2nd Q 0-6 Halftime 3rdQ 10-7 4th Q 8-0

Jets : opened Jets -3 +103 closed -3 +105@ Pinnacle
1st Q 0-7 , 2nd Q 7-6 Halftime 3rd Q 0-7 , 4th Q 7-0
(only interested in games starting with @ NE)

- In my opinion the 2 most meaningless games for Miami were the initial 2 . It wasnt till Game3 @ NE that the lightbulb went off and they started playing well and likethe team they are TODAY . So for me games 1 and 2 dont really exist as more then a guide so the Jets game is really not entering into my capping and they played okay that day..The important part is looking for a trend that developed since they started playing well

West Coast teams:
SF : opened -6.5 closed -5.5(Gore out)
1st Q 7-3 , 2nd Q 7-0 HALFTIME 3rd Q 0-3 4th Q 0-3

Oak: opened -11 closed -10 (McFadden limited 3 carries)
1st Q 7-0 , 2nd Q 0-3 HALFTIME 3rd Q 7-2 , 3-10

Seattle: opened -9.5 closed -9(Hasselback out , Julius Jone at RB)
1st Q 7-0 , 2nd Q 7-7 , HALFTIME 3rdQ 0-6 , 4th Q 7-6

SD: opened +7 closed -6 (early on LT's toe still a huge issue week to week)
1st Q 3-3 , 2nd Q 14-0 , HALFTIME 3rd Q 0-7 , 4th Q 0-0

So the 7 games show:

-Miami opened as FG favs to both Balt and NE the two best teams they hosted . They lost SU in both by 14 to Balt and 20 to NE . Now IMO Miami played much better in those games then the score indicates . Which begs the question what would have happened if they didnt play all that well ? Key turnovers hurt them both times which really hammers home WHY they are so focused on ball protection. The difference in their results is clear . The SD win at home is the prime example and really so is the last 2 weeks. Pennington has just 1 pick in DEC so thats a plus for the offense . The Jets had a terrible pick 6 last week which was HUGE and KC had an INT on 3rd and 10 at the KC 45 , 3rd and 5 at the KC 12 Thigpen fumbled after picking up 4 yards, 2nd amd 10 at the Miami 26 ThigpenINT'd. Also settling for a FG inside the 10 but again we witnessed how important Channing Crowder is to the defense still KC scored 31 and left anywhere from 6-21 possible pts off the board.

- Quarter by Quarter :
Miami vs the 3 non West teams was 2-0-1 SU and 2-1 ATS( Balt would assume they were -0.5). Then vs the 4 West teams they were 3-0-1 SU and 4-0 ATS.

1st Q Miami in 7 relevant Home games:
5-0-2 SU (both ties were 3-3) ( 2 wins 7-0 and 3 wins 7-3)
-So they never allowed a TD which is interesting but again thats 4 West Coast teams involved . They did allow a 56 yd TD pass to Cotchery in the opener when he caught a deep ball at the Miami 5 yd line.

2nd Q :
0-3 SU and 0-3 ATS vs Non-West losing 6-0 , 14-3 and 14-7
2-1-1 SU and 2-2 ATS vs West teams losing 3-0 , tied at 7 which a Pennington pick 6 took away at least 3 Miami pts and gave them to Seattle , win 14-0 vs SD who was off the big comeback @ Oak and showed besides the EASTERN TIME ZONE they had now fallen behind big in all 3 road loops, win 7-0 vs SF

2nd Half / 4th Quarter :
0-4 SU vs the West Coast but lead every game:(also 1-3 SU and ATS 3rd Q)
ATS ??? either 0-3-1 or 0-4ATS assume SD was at least a TD down 17-3at half
outscored 7-0 vs SD but also had a 4 down stop on their 1yd line saving the game
outscored 12-7 vs SEA and SEA score 19 of last 26 pts
outscored 12-10 vs OAK
outscored 6-0 vs SF

1-2 SU vs Non West teams :
ATS?? 1-2
The game they won the outscored Buffalo 18-7
The games they LOST they were outscored 10-7 by Balt (Ravens had a fumble inside the Miami 5 or 10 & Miami TOD on 4th down inside the Balt15)and 31-14 by NE.
So all three 2nd Halfs were HIGH SCORING or potentially
25 pts , 17 points easily should have been more , and 45points compared to the West Coast teams were they seemingly just lead and went through the motions in the 2nd H or keep the offense simple or maybe defenses adjusted to them(to a degree) vs the West 2 of the 4 were 19 and 22 pts with the others low because Miami was shutout
Now the Jets game was 7-7 after half if anyone cares ..

In the 4th Q vs the West -
0-0 vs SD probably were +0.5 at least
7-6 vs SEA won SU but lost ATS
3-10 vs OAK lost SU and ATS
0-3 vs SF lost SU and ATS
1-2-1 SU and 1-3 ATS and 1-2 SU and 1-2 ATS vs Non West:
2-4-1 SU and 2-5 ATS 4th Q (3-4 ATS 3rd Q)

1st Half :
vs West 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS
Vs Non West 0-3 SU and 0-3ATS

Thoughts :
Hard to pass on Miami 1st Quarter looking at this and Balt 2nd Quarter , interested in Balt 1st Half & Balt 4th Quarter . Interested in the OVER already the 2nd H over and 3rd Quarter OVER seem to make sense...

Like the idea of 1st Quarter Unders in the playoffs especially with rookies starting on the road and then maybe 2nd Quarter overs . Not sure I want to fuck with any unders in this game though and Miami had 5 1st Q TDs scored but NONE allowed in last 7 games..So that does help the under logic..

Just want to look Balt some ...be back shortly !:cheers:

Look at the spot Balty was in earlier this year when they visited Miami and let me know what you think.. It was a perfect spot for them.. Cameron aspect, revenge from last years loss, losing streak..

The Ravens (3-3) won for the first time in their five visits to Miami, and for the first time in nearly a month.

"This was going to make or break our season," Suggs said. "When you lose three or four games in a row, players are only human, and they stop believing. We've got guys believing."

Just saying, situationally it couldn't have been a better spot for Balty in game 1 this year... Game 2?

Plays:(at the moment)

Zona +11.5 , Over 27.5 Miami and Under 51.5 Eagles (160) Teaser -120

Pendng from yesterday the two above..
Over Balt 28 , Balt +6.5 , Vikings +13 (120)

Ravens ML -175 (200)
Ravens -3 -130 (200)
Over 38 (trying to get a big play at 37-120)

Props:
Longest TD in game Over 38.5 yds -115 (40)
Flacco over 184.5 yards -140(80 or 120)
McClain over 68.5 rushing -150 (40 or 80)
Clayton Over 41.5 yards -165 (40)
Pennington Over 212.5 yds -130(40)
Ricky Williams Over 15.5 recieving -115 (Lean)
Fasano Over 30.5 yards -115 (Lean)
Heap over 26.5 -140 (Lean)
-The Flacco , McClain props played the bigger amounts anticipating a rise in price so if I change my mind and reduce hopefully wont cost much..Concerns are the Flacco Prop being so LOW and McClain losing carries to McGahee a University of Miami Alum who played well @ Miami last game 105yds and decent last year as well ..

Quarters / 1st Half (none in yet)
Miami 1st Quarter +0.5 -130 to -140
1st Quarter Under 7 +100
Balt 2nd Quarter -0.5 +105
2nd Quarter Over 12.5 -110
Balt 1st Half (Lean) -3 +110 looking for -2.5 -120
Balt 4th Quarter (Lean) -0.5 +115
3rd Quarter OVER (Lean) 7.5 +115
2nd Half Over (of Interest) ?

1st Half Over (some interest) 19.5

Team Totals :
Over Baltimore 21-115 (80)

Thinking about pounding Balt here anything up to -4 is good IMO . The upside of Quarter plays is when you hit one the rest tend to fall in line which the downfall is once you see 1 trend end they all tend to and that means losing all of the plays on...

Just a comment alot of talk about Miami's offense not being a big play offense well just look at the scores especially at home ....lots of long yardage TDs..

Good Luck ...trying to finish up ...

From NFL.com

Which team will win Sunday's AFC Wild-Card showdown in Miami?

<!-- 100% is 154px -->
54%

Baltimore Ravens

<!-- 100% is 154px -->
46%

Miami Dolphins

Total Votes: 81596

We better switch to Miami. Balt is the joe q. public square side. lol.

Back