*** NFL Free Agency and Draft Official Thread ***

Schefter reporting Flacco being traded to Broncos

OMFG...so you just hired a 60-year-old first time head coach...who has no clue what to do in any way on offense...

You trade for a washed-up QB wayyyyyy past his prime to pair with Case Keenum...

What in the FUCK is John Elway doing? Talk about a franchise with no direction...

Was Jack FLACCOON included in this trade? He's a snowboarder so this makes sense

AB destination possibilities - Assuming the off the field issues don't put a severe dent in his value, let's look at the assumed value the Steelers are interested in acquiring (mid 1st to high 2nd round) and see the prospects for a possible fit. General criteria I would think are needed: 1) unquestioned status as #1 WR, 2) a quality QB throwing the ball, 3) avoiding AB staying in the division or going to certain "rival" teams.

Pick 15 - Washington - throwing out any pick above 15 as too much for AB. Skins need a #1 but have no QB at the moment.
16 - CAROLINA - interesting potential. CAM would probably love it, and it wouldn't be hard to push out Funchess and have a three WR group of Brown, Moore and Samuel. Probably the best pick the Steelers could hope for....would Carolina pull the trigger?
17 - Cleveland - division rival, no
18 - Minnesota - Thielen and Diggs already established, no
19 - Tennessee - Tits have been grooming Corey Davis for years, AB doesn't really fit into their run first approach either. Probably not.
21 - SEATTLE - another interesting spot. AB would be the #1 over Baldwin and Lockett, and he gets Russell throwing the rock. Seattle went more run heavy last year but Petey can adjust. Hawks don't have a 2nd rounder though so this is boom or bust.
22 - Balty - no
23 - Houston - Nuk is the #1, no chance
24 or 27 or 35 - Oakland - Getting some consideration but why would Chuckie dump two superstars in their prime for #1s only to turn around now and grab a 30+ superstar? It doesn't make sense.
25 - PHILLY - Possible. Eagles are willing to make splashes, and they have a pair of #2s still in the bank. Alshon not a true #1, could be jettisoned with Tate and Agohlor being the #2 and #3. Ertz would be the issue, he gets a ton of balls that AB would now want.
26 or 34 - INDY - TY is the #1 but injury prone. AB would love having Luck throw him the ball. Like Philly the TE gets a lot of action so the philosophy would have to change. Indy has their full complement of picks the rest of the draft. Darkhorse possibility.
28 - LA Chargers - Allen is the #1 but works more inside, so AB could fit. Not sure the Steelers would be willing to deal AB to one of the 3 big contenders in the AFC though.
29 - KC - Steelers couldn't be Mahomes last year with AB on their side, they won't send him to the Chiefs.
30 - Green Bay - Another location getting some play. Rodgers would love it but Adams and AB as 1 and 1A doesn't sound compatible.
31 - LA Rams - Rams have their big 3 once Kupp returns, no room at the inn.
32 - NE - yeah, right.
2nd Round
33 - ARIZONA - Steelers would love to send AB to the Bermuda Triangle that is the Cards. Rosen is up and coming. Larry is back for this year but he's a slot WR at this point and as unselfish as any WR in history. Could work.
36 - SAN FRAN - The top pick for most, makes sense: NFC, west coast, Niners need a #1, Jimmy G will be back. Can't leave off the list.
37 - NY Giants - AB and OBJ together? Lol
38 - Jax - No QB, no chance
39 - Tampa - Evans is a decent #1, they have good WR depth, and they need to sort out the QB situation. Not a great fit.
40 - BUFFALO - The sleeper pick IMO. Bills are not a primary threat at this time, but adding AB would create a twice a year thorn in the Patriots side, which the Steelers would love. Bills should be bold and go for this AND try to sign Bell, become Pittsburgh North.
41 - DENVER - Their odds just went up with the Flacco acquisition, depending on what the cost is. Sutton is not quite ready to be the #1 yet. Denver is second tier in the AFC West and adding AB might not change that, wouldn't hurt the Steelers much.
43 - DETROIT - Probably the lowest viable pick. They have a QB, a young WR in Galladay that would fit as a #2. They make the cut.

So I've got nine possibilities. I'd rate them as follows, most likely to least likely:
Niners
Cards
Bills
Seattle - a drop off from here in likelihood.

Indy
Philly
Carolina
Denver
Detroit

Interesting, he'd do well here with a touch of QB protection

Would take a trade from the 1 which will happen, not sure if what Steez can offer on top of AB warrants that

I like the move for denver

Schefty says they are gonna trade Keenum, flacco may not be elite anymore but hes better than case

Defense is so good it's not like the team can tank, flacco and that d are competing for a playoff spot...

Draft a qb early and develop to take over 2020 season

Seems best of both worlds

AB destination possibilities - Assuming the off the field issues don't put a severe dent in his value, let's look at the assumed value the Steelers are interested in acquiring (mid 1st to high 2nd round) and see the prospects for a possible fit. General criteria I would think are needed: 1) unquestioned status as #1 WR, 2) a quality QB throwing the ball, 3) avoiding AB staying in the division or going to certain "rival" teams.

Pick 15 - Washington - throwing out any pick above 15 as too much for AB. Skins need a #1 but have no QB at the moment.
16 - CAROLINA - interesting potential. CAM would probably love it, and it wouldn't be hard to push out Funchess and have a three WR group of Brown, Moore and Samuel. Probably the best pick the Steelers could hope for....would Carolina pull the trigger?
17 - Cleveland - division rival, no
18 - Minnesota - Thielen and Diggs already established, no
19 - Tennessee - Tits have been grooming Corey Davis for years, AB doesn't really fit into their run first approach either. Probably not.
21 - SEATTLE - another interesting spot. AB would be the #1 over Baldwin and Lockett, and he gets Russell throwing the rock. Seattle went more run heavy last year but Petey can adjust. Hawks don't have a 2nd rounder though so this is boom or bust.
22 - Balty - no
23 - Houston - Nuk is the #1, no chance
24 or 27 or 35 - Oakland - Getting some consideration but why would Chuckie dump two superstars in their prime for #1s only to turn around now and grab a 30+ superstar? It doesn't make sense.
25 - PHILLY - Possible. Eagles are willing to make splashes, and they have a pair of #2s still in the bank. Alshon not a true #1, could be jettisoned with Tate and Agohlor being the #2 and #3. Ertz would be the issue, he gets a ton of balls that AB would now want.
26 or 34 - INDY - TY is the #1 but injury prone. AB would love having Luck throw him the ball. Like Philly the TE gets a lot of action so the philosophy would have to change. Indy has their full complement of picks the rest of the draft. Darkhorse possibility.
28 - LA Chargers - Allen is the #1 but works more inside, so AB could fit. Not sure the Steelers would be willing to deal AB to one of the 3 big contenders in the AFC though.
29 - KC - Steelers couldn't be Mahomes last year with AB on their side, they won't send him to the Chiefs.
30 - Green Bay - Another location getting some play. Rodgers would love it but Adams and AB as 1 and 1A doesn't sound compatible.
31 - LA Rams - Rams have their big 3 once Kupp returns, no room at the inn.
32 - NE - yeah, right.
2nd Round
33 - ARIZONA - Steelers would love to send AB to the Bermuda Triangle that is the Cards. Rosen is up and coming. Larry is back for this year but he's a slot WR at this point and as unselfish as any WR in history. Could work.
36 - SAN FRAN - The top pick for most, makes sense: NFC, west coast, Niners need a #1, Jimmy G will be back. Can't leave off the list.
37 - NY Giants - AB and OBJ together? Lol
38 - Jax - No QB, no chance
39 - Tampa - Evans is a decent #1, they have good WR depth, and they need to sort out the QB situation. Not a great fit.
40 - BUFFALO - The sleeper pick IMO. Bills are not a primary threat at this time, but adding AB would create a twice a year thorn in the Patriots side, which the Steelers would love. Bills should be bold and go for this AND try to sign Bell, become Pittsburgh North.
41 - DENVER - Their odds just went up with the Flacco acquisition, depending on what the cost is. Sutton is not quite ready to be the #1 yet. Denver is second tier in the AFC West and adding AB might not change that, wouldn't hurt the Steelers much.
43 - DETROIT - Probably the lowest viable pick. They have a QB, a young WR in Galladay that would fit as a #2. They make the cut.

So I've got nine possibilities. I'd rate them as follows, most likely to least likely:
Niners
Cards
Bills
Seattle - a drop off from here in likelihood.

Indy
Philly
Carolina
Denver
Detroit

Patriots have 6 picks in top 100. I know Pitt said they won't do it, but if Pats offered 3 of those they'd have to consider it.

They'd be almost as dumb to trade him to Indy

It's interesting because NE doesn't like to lock up that many draft pick salaries so gonna guess they'll trade a couple of them

OMFG...so you just hired a 60-year-old first time head coach...who has no clue what to do in any way on offense...

You trade for a washed-up QB wayyyyyy past his prime to pair with Case Keenum...

What in the FUCK is John Elway doing? Talk about a franchise with no direction...

It's hard to be a fan but I am.

Josh rosen deleting all cardinals stuff from his socials

Kylers hands being bigger than a certain partners here must have them all hot n bothered

Trade rosen to the giants or jags

Saw some AB clips on the maverick Carter/lebron we figured out a tampering loophole show aka the shop

Sounds like ben is horrible, AB was dominant while working with that tyrant

Cant wait to see him in the bay

So absurd to give up on Rosen after one year. Dude stood behind a bunch of back-up o-linemen and not the greatest receiving crew especially after Kirk‘s injury. How is any of that his fault. Freaking top pick and its been all of a year

Highly doubt they run away from Josh, gotta pump up that price. Negotiation 101.

Darrell Henderson ran a 4.49 40 yesterday, guy may well just be a beast

I don't get the Raider rumor for AB. Why would you trade away a 24 year old #1 WR for a #1 pick and then turn around and give it up for a 30 year old #1 WR? MAYBE for their #2 (35 overall). But not the #1.

Can someone explain to me why Daniel Jones is a first-round draft pick? Umm he has nice body type i guess?

I don't get the Raider rumor for AB. Why would you trade away a 24 year old #1 WR for a #1 pick and then turn around and give it up for a 30 year old #1 WR? MAYBE for their #2 (35 overall). But not the #1.

I wouldnt trade a 1st for him, 3rd at most

Also amari wasnt looking like a 1 last year when he got moved, everyone at the time said the cowboys were crazy to give a 1, now it turns out it looks like a good move for them, but we should still get a more productive player than what amari was giving us with the pick, so it's likely a win win

Draft will be interesting for mayock though

I think kyler goes 1

There seem to be the top 3 guys of bosa, Williams, and allen

So if one of those guys is available, then great, if not, trade the pick to someone who wants to get ahead of the giants and get their qb

Wasn't there a bunch of talk about Rosen and how he is kinda a dick? Maybe that's true.

depends on how you define that. the word that got out was that he questioned authority. mora would call plays and he wouldn't just say "yes sir whatever you say sir" and he would challenge the coaches. if you are old school, like many football guys are, then that is bad. if you are new school, that can be looked at as a positive. I would want my qb asking questions and not just doing as told; that's what a leader does imo. But apparently it turned some off.

I have no idea if Rosen is ever gonna be a good qb but I do know that you can't judge him from last year. Now if KK simply doesn't want him and wants Kyler to be his guy, that creates a very rare opportunity for a team to get a guy one year removed from being a high first round qb for not too much. Why do I have a feelings the Pats end up with Rosen?

depends on how you define that. the word that got out was that he questioned authority. mora would call plays and he wouldn't just say "yes sir whatever you say sir" and he would challenge the coaches. if you are old school, like many football guys are, then that is bad. if you are new school, that can be looked at as a positive. I would want my qb asking questions and not just doing as told; that's what a leader does imo. But apparently it turned some off.

I have no idea if Rosen is ever gonna be a good qb but I do know that you can't judge him from last year. Now if KK simply doesn't want him and wants Kyler to be his guy, that creates a very rare opportunity for a team to get a guy one year removed from being a high first round qb for not too much. Why do I have a feelings the Pats end up with Rosen?
Because you read Barstool.

Its just a very Pats move to somehow end up with their future starting qb despite trading away Jimmy G and having qbs with a combined age over 80.

Id prefer Rosen over almost any of the QBs coming out this year, sans Kyler Murray and MAYBE Haskins

Dude's a dick like we all are, when we're bored we're dicks, the NFL is a challenge and he was humbled last year

I like Rosen. I want him here, not Kyler. Think he'll kill it with any kind of OL and Kliff, now I hope Kliff is in agreement. This shouldn't be political, I mean the owner of the team called the Kavanaugh appointment to the SC brilliant just months after saying politics don't belong in football regarding kneeling. I actually know people who dropped their years long season tickets.

Back to Rosen, his trade value is ridiculous in that the Cards payed his signing bonus so he has 3 yrs/6.2 mil on his contract. While I can't justify trading a QB they year after you traded up for him, the trade value is enormous now. That said, as Dan just mentioned, the first 5 QBs taken last year had higher rankings among scouts than any QB this year. Obviously Kyler is the wild card.

Back