***********NFL Draft In Game*************

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarf you a Jets guy?

I like y'all's pick......I think he can be good enough to win
Huge Jets guy...shocked as fuck Darnold fell to us.

More shocked CLeveland didn’t dangle the pick to get a kings ransom for the 1 as Sam was #1 on most boards AND they could’ve also gotten Baker at 4 (and more) Barkley at 2 is stupid beyond words for NYG as Hunt drafted 90th last year led the league in rushing...no reason to pick a back at 2.

Draft literally played out perfectly for my guys. Couldn’t have scripted it better.

As a titans fan, ecstatic that we took Rashaan Evans the ILB from Bama w our 1st round pick. Fills a huge need for us especially with the departure of Avery Williamson to the Jets in FA. 2nd round id love to see them try to move up and secure an edge rusher, Harold Landry, Josh Sweat, Arden Key still available. If not then possibly Nwosu the LB from USC or the DT still available from Stanford. Good CBs there too, but it’s not as pressing a need

I just can't see how

It's a SB pick

I'll defer to the past history recently with drafting.........

Good enough for me

What do you mean a SB pick?

The value given up for davenport seems crazy, it was an overdraft at that spot and they gave up a ton

I hope he turns out to be a player, just think they could get him 5-10 picks later, and not lose next years first, when they may need to be drafting a qb so he has a year behind breezy cause it will be a mid to late rounder most likely

Defer to past history of last year mate, you wanted the team blown up and rebuilt before that

So they lose by value, just like browns did with baker and ward

Not as bad as seattle, picking a rb with a garbage oline is insane

Huge Jets guy...shocked as fuck Darnold fell to us.

More shocked CLeveland didn’t dangle the pick to get a kings ransom for the 1 as Sam was #1 on most boards AND they could’ve also gotten Baker at 4 (and more) Barkley at 2 is stupid beyond words for NYG as Hunt drafted 90th last year led the league in rushing...no reason to pick a back at 2.

Draft literally played out perfectly for my guys. Couldn’t have scripted it better.

In your theory, Baker would have went 3 to the Jets so they would not have gotten him at 4. Gettelman had rated Barkley as best player he has ever scouted other than Peyton Manning. Do you know how good Barkley is? He runs, catches, returns kicks and can pass pro. He's a better runner in pro system playing closer to the line of scrimmage he did his freshman year compared to his last two years. Someone cited he had 38 rush yards vs OSU this past year, but he scored two TDs, one a kickoff for TD and you are forgetting what he opens up for pass game getting all of the focus and his pass pro is off the charts. As a freshman he ran for 200 yards in a pro system at OSU with a shitty o line. A++++ character....Plus its NY, his jersey sales will fly off the chain.

The just wait on RB theory is overplayed. Kareem Hunt is an outlier and Zeke lead the league in rushing 2 years ago and would have again if not for his suspension. Its ok to take a big time back early if he is an elite talent. Rams don't sniff playoffs without Gurley and I'd bet Jags don't score enough to make it far in playoffs last year with out Leon Fournette. Some QBs who didn't go top 10 off top of my head who were or are pretty damn good include Brady, Rodgers, Marino, Dak, Deshaun Watson, Russ Wilson, Kurt Warner, Flacco, Ben, Brees and the list goes on and on.

To think you MUST take a qb top 5 to have a chance is falling on your sword. I would like to see the bust rate of top 5 or 10 QBs who were successful vs being not. Outside of Trent Richardson the backs seem to be hitting like Faulk, Peterson and more recnently Zeke Fournette and Gurley....many believe Barkley is better than all of them.

Cuz I rant about other penn st players. Fuckboy at it again. I said the same about Gurley and Fournette.....heaven for bid I have a man crush on certain players who jump off the screen at me. Myles Jack amazed me in college, Lions passing on him drove me nuts.

Gets stuffed at LOS, guy sucks, can't get around 4 guys storming in on him. Sucks.

Cuz I rant about other penn st players. Fuckboy at it again. I said the same about Gurley and Fournette.....heaven for bid I have a man crush on certain players who jump off the screen at me. Myles Jack amazed me in college, Lions passing on him drove me nuts.

Gets stuffed at LOS, guy sucks, can't get around 4 guys storming in on him. Sucks.

If you ask me I think he should be blamed for his poor o-line. He should be blocking for himself before trying to run

If you ask me I think he should be blamed for his poor o-line. He should be blocking for himself before trying to run
Guy has never watched his tape or knows how to watch film correctly. Gettelman said Barkley "was touched by GOD" or something. Other scouts said they would cut off their nuts to draft him. Sucks tho lol

Here's one for you, the TE for Penn St sucks and he will be taken tomorrow. Great athlete but can't block worth a shit. Its all over the tape. Lions will take him tmrw i bet smh

Inappropriate
Don't need your permission but thanks

I sell lessons to your type, but at a premium

I run circles around you every damn time you engage me internet tuff guy....You live in fantasies and create your life behind a screen.

The only lesson you could possibly teach anyone is how to sit on a gambling forum, have a constant losing record, and average thousands of posts a week. The lesson would be what not be in life. Get one

KJ when you speak about PSU you speak with pure emotion and you never know shit about what you‘re talking about whereas detroit does so idk why you bother making an ass out of yourself. Just stick to your dbacks

No, quite frankly I have no emotion toward that university but thanks for your lackluster insight. Keep on keepin' on sweety

And I'll make an ass out of myself when I goddamned well please. Just say thank you.

In your theory, Baker would have went 3 to the Jets so they would not have gotten him at 4. Gettelman had rated Barkley as best player he has ever scouted other than Peyton Manning. Do you know how good Barkley is? He runs, catches, returns kicks and can pass pro. He's a better runner in pro system playing closer to the line of scrimmage he did his freshman year compared to his last two years. Someone cited he had 38 rush yards vs OSU this past year, but he scored two TDs, one a kickoff for TD and you are forgetting what he opens up for pass game getting all of the focus and his pass pro is off the charts. As a freshman he ran for 200 yards in a pro system at OSU with a shitty o line. A++++ character....Plus its NY, his jersey sales will fly off the chain.

The just wait on RB theory is overplayed. Kareem Hunt is an outlier and Zeke lead the league in rushing 2 years ago and would have again if not for his suspension. Its ok to take a big time back early if he is an elite talent. Rams don't sniff playoffs without Gurley and I'd bet Jags don't score enough to make it far in playoffs last year with out Leon Fournette. Some QBs who didn't go top 10 off top of my head who were or are pretty damn good include Brady, Rodgers, Marino, Dak, Deshaun Watson, Russ Wilson, Kurt Warner, Flacco, Ben, Brees and the list goes on and on.

To think you MUST take a qb top 5 to have a chance is falling on your sword. I would like to see the bust rate of top 5 or 10 QBs who were successful vs being not. Outside of Trent Richardson the backs seem to be hitting like Faulk, Peterson and more recnently Zeke Fournette and Gurley....many believe Barkley is better than all of them.

Since 2010 there have been 12 RB's taken in the first round - Jahvid Best, Ryan Mathews, C.J. Spiller, Mark Ingram, David Wilson, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, Leonard Fournette. How many playoff games have they won between them? Super Bowls? Those 12 have a combined three 1st team All-Pro selections an 10 Pro Bowls. Six of these were top 10 picks, and what have they won?

Where were the RB's from the Eagles SB team drafted? And the Patriots? The two Championship losers - Minnesota and Jacksonville? And the draft position of the RB's from the same 4 teams the previous season - New England, Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Green Bay?

LeGarrette Blount has been the RB in 3 of the pat 4 SB champs, and he went undrafted.

Of the last 10 SB winners the starting QB was drafted in the 1st round on 5 occasions (I could keep going back and see 11, 12 and 13 years back were all 1st rounders). I'd say a similar number would be on the losing team - Newton, Ryan

Simple regression analysis will show you the running game is over rated.

Yes, there has been QB busts, many shouldn't have been taken that high - Blaine Gabbert, Paxton Lynch, Tim Tebow, Brandon Weeden among others. But the reward for the QB pick paying off is much, much greater then the payoff for a successful RB

Last edited:

My point about Barkley is not about whether his talent is necessarily there, it is that the value of the #2 pick in the draft is monumental and to waste it on a RB is absolutely stupid IMO.

And regarding Barkley's greatness at PSU, here is my response.

Is he going to be returning kicks in the NFL? The most idiotic and unimportant stat in evaluating college talent is "all purpose yards" JFC, that is ridiculous. Name me one stud RB returning kicks right now. Reggie Bush did it for a while, but I'll get to him in a minute. I think he is ENORMOUSLY overrrated and is now going to a team with no entire right side of the offensive line.

If this guy who was basically awarded the Heisman in September was so overwhelming, why exactly did he have only 5 100-yard rushing games last year (also 1 100-yard receiving game). I'm not buying because his return yards were so draining that he couldn't perform as a #1 RB vs. the likes of Indiana, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers and Pittsburgh.

But let's look at some other guys who were top 5 NFL RB picks...here is the list going back to 2000:

2017 - Jagauars - Fournette (undecided, but a good rookie year)
2016 - Cowboys - Zeke (and a HUGE part of this goes that stud Dallas O Line...don't forget Murray won the 14 Rushing title behind them like Zeke won his 16 title)
2012 - Browns - Trent Richardson (need I say more)
2008 - Raiders - Darren McFadden (another do-everything back)
2006 - Saints - Reggie Bush (most similar prototype to Barkley and had an insanely better college career)
2005 - Dolphins - Ronnie Brown
2005 - Bears - Cedric Benson
2005 - Bucs - Cadillac Williams
2001 - Chargers - Tomlinson (legit HOF'er)
2000 - Ravens - Jamal Lewis (probable HOF'er)

Here is a link to the NFL Draft Value chart http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Take a look at how valuable that #2 pick is and what teams need to give up in order to get there. And this morning on the radio, Gettleman was quoted as saying there wasn't any consideration to moving out of the #2 pick.

I think the kid is hugely overrated and now will be playing with a 37-year-old QB, no right side of an O-Line and a prima-donna WR playing under a new offensive system. Bad, bad fit.

And regarding the Jets pick, I've been on here before and saying "Anyone but Baker". I would have been fine with Darnold or Rosen. But Baker at 1 is another colossal fuck-up IMO, but the Browns gonna Browns.

Since 2010 there have been 12 RB's taken in the first round - Jahvid Best, Ryan Mathews, C.J. Spiller, Mark Ingram, David Wilson, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, Leonard Fournette. How many playoff games have they won between them? Super Bowls? Those 12 have a combined three 1st team All-Pro selections an 10 Pro Bowls. Six of these were top 10 picks, and what have they won?

Where were the RB's from the Eagles SB team drafted? And the Patriots? The two Championship losers - Minnesota and Jacksonville? And the draft position of the RB's from the same 4 teams the previous season - New England, Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Green Bay?

LeGarrette Blount has been the RB in 3 of the pat 4 SB champs, and he went undrafted.

Of the last 10 SB winners the starting QB was drafted in the 1st round on 5 occasions (I could keep going back and see 11, 12 and 13 years back were all 1st rounders). I'd say a similar number would be on the losing team - Newton, Ryan

Simple regression analysis will show you the running game is over rated.

Yes, there has been QB busts, many shouldn't have been taken that high - Blaine Gabbert, Paxton Lynch, Tim Tebow, Brandon Weeden among others. But the reward for the QB pick paying off is much, much greater then the payoff for a successful RB

Saw it put this week that taking a rb is like buying a car, it immediately declines in value

Whereas taking a qb is buying a house, where it rises

You didn't get back to Reggie scarf ;)

I know, but I wanted to see if my initial instincts were correct about more colossal busts than not with picks being that high. The last 2 times the Giants have picks at either 1 or 2, they took Lawrence Taylor and Eli Manning.

Just see a flawed RB as such as mistake with the assemblance of this Giants team that I am baffled the Jets got so lucky to have Darnold fall in their lap.

And here's another point...who else surrounding NYG was taking Barkley?

Mayfield was gone....everyone knew Jets taking a QB....Browns gonna RB there? Denver gonna RB there? The QBs were at a premium more so than usual, just think they could've moved down a slot or 2, still gotten their guy and maybe added value picks. For the GM to say there wasn't even an offer worth considering is more of a sign of his stubbornness than anything. He never traded down once as the Panthers GM and was the same guy who told Josh Norman his ass was getting cut. He's a my way or the highway kind of guy. Just think his stubbornness hurt him here. Thankfully so IMO as a Jets fan.

The value given up for davenport seems crazy, it was an overdraft at that spot and they gave up a ton

I hope he turns out to be a player, just think they could get him 5-10 picks later, and not lose next years first, when they may need to be drafting a qb so he has a year behind breezy cause it will be a mid to late rounder most likely

Defer to past history of last year mate, you wanted the team blown up and rebuilt before that

I mean it is a "Win now, we going to the Super Bowl, we need a pass rusher" pick

True, but the draft saved it.....4 starters drafted, Rookie of the Year on both sides of the ball

that was amazing

Reggie did alot here tho......don't diminish that. Tickets, jerseys, NFC Championship THAT year and we won a SB with him

BUT, you can get a Kamara in Round 3 too.......so there is that as well.

Lions pick is actually fine. It's just not Derwin. They got who they wanted either way. Today is a bigger day. Plenty of value.

All-Time Great TE Jason Witten set to retire and join MNF according to reports. Great dude, I'm sure KJ will love him like he loves Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back