***NFL Draft In-Game Thread***

Did giants let the make a wish kid make the pick? Think that what they did when they drafted Daniel Jones in top 10!! Or maybe they shoulda been letting make a wish kids pick the players!

I’m I being cynical to say this draft shit gets worse every year?
Yes but at least there's cool scenery in Vegas. It was cool being there just ahead of this seeing shit get setup but even cooler to get the fuck outta Dodge before it started. I mean wasn't it in Cleveland last year? And hearing Goodell get booed non stop is worth at least watching for a few minutes.

Somebody asked when was the last time only 1 QB was taken in the 1st round.....that was 2013 when EJ Manuel was grabbed by the Bills at pick 16. Other QBs drafted that year were Geno Smith (Rd 2), Mike Glennon (Rd 3), Matt Barkley (Rd 4) and Landry Jones (Rd 4). Some guys that have been able to stick in the league but no real stars.

NFL as a whole is generally very good at evaluating the relative strength of each QB class. Individual picks can and do misfire but when the league decides only 1 QB is first round material (and not even worth a trade up) I think that's a pretty damning indictment on this years class overall.

You're probably better off picking the 6th or 7th guy at a deep talent position than the top guy at a weak position.

Somebody asked when was the last time only 1 QB was taken in the 1st round.....that was 2013 when EJ Manuel was grabbed by the Bills at pick 16. Other QBs drafted that year were Geno Smith (Rd 2), Mike Glennon (Rd 3), Matt Barkley (Rd 4) and Landry Jones (Rd 4). Some guys that have been able to stick in the league but no real stars.

NFL as a whole is generally very good at evaluating the relative strength of each QB class. Individual picks can and do misfire but when the league decides only 1 QB is first round material (and not even worth a trade up) I think that's a pretty damning indictment on this years class overall.

You're probably better off picking the 6th or 7th guy at a deep talent position than the top guy at a weak position.
The Steelers really backed themselves into a corner though. They almost had to take either KP or MW at that spot. They should have drafted a guy that needed a few years of development several years ago.

Ben sticking around the last two years did the franchise no favors either. He had the arm strength of a high school soph

The Steelers really backed themselves into a corner though. They almost had to take either KP or MW at that spot. They should have drafted a guy that needed a few years of development several years ago.
They've been collecting development guys.....Trubisky, Rudolph, and the late Haskins. I don't think Pickett is significantly better than any of them. Willis at least has a higher upside but after running down Lamar Jackson the last few years I don't think the fan base would've liked having the shoe on the other foot.

Agree 100% on the Ben point.

Can't say I'm thrilled with the Cowboys first round choice, but the success they've had at the #1 pick the last 12 years (TEN pro-bowlers) will make me hold my tongue a bit. But watching Linderbaum and Johnson go the next two picks......I hope that doesn't come back to bite them.

They've been collecting development guys.....Trubisky, Rudolph, and the late Haskins. I don't think Pickett is significantly better than any of them. Willis at least has a higher upside but after running down Lamar Jackson the last few years I don't think the fan base would've liked having the shoe on the other foot.

Agree 100% on the Ben point.
I'd say development guys that all looked like a huge reach. They've really mismanaged that position. I think the offense could be decent with a serviceable QB. I still expect Trubisky to start week one

Man. Hutch was really that? You must have bet that quite awhile back? Travon going 1st was huge fav the last week wasn’t he? Damn, I wish I woulda paid attention, those were absolute locks!! Congrats buddy!
I got them both at plus money Sunday night. Got a little inside info that Walker was their guy

I got them both at plus money Sunday night. Got a little inside info that Walker was their guy

i know the last day or 2 seemed like everyone knew but i really wasnt paying close enough attention to know how long that been the case.or following lines other than i heard by yesterday he was like -300, good job getting before it moved brother.

Yes but at least there's cool scenery in Vegas. It was cool being there just ahead of this seeing shit get setup but even cooler to get the fuck outta Dodge before it started. I mean wasn't it in Cleveland last year? And hearing Goodell get booed non stop is worth at least watching for a few minutes.

well yea, i never been upset bout being in vegas but def wouldnt have stuck around that shit show, i suppose the thing bout being in Cleveland there probably nothing better to do! i gotta think it even worse live than on tv! other than the booing of commish, i agree that part is fun.. i cant get over the ice cube thing, that was sooo Yag but kinda funny seeing the crowd so excited when i would bet most of them were ppl running over nwa tapes, burning them, calling them all kinds of names when they were at their peak.

probably so, but think i rather start willis next year than continue on with tannenhill, i would have cut that dude the day after the playoff game he and the playcaller lost. if i was them id def take willis at 35 if he there tonight, he might suck but they wont be any further away from a championship with him, could work out.

probably so, but think i rather start willis next year than continue on with tannenhill, i would have cut that dude the day after the playoff game he and the playcaller lost. if i was them id def take willis at 35 if he there tonight, he might suck but they wont be any further away from a championship with him, could work out.
Think they prefer Ridder

Think they prefer Ridder

that crazy to me but im no expert talent evaluator, anything that isnt tannenhill is better than sticking with him, he has proven they going nowhere in the afc with him.. i watched a lot of cincy last 2 years and i dont think ridder anything more than a backup but i been wrong before!!

the biggest knock ive heard with willis is "look how he played against the tougher comp", i suppose that valid but did they happen to notice his oline getting absolutely wrecked in those games? he had no freaking chance imo.. i know one thing, he prob be the 3rd best running qb year 1. that something.

Ben sticking around the last two years did the franchise no favors either. He had the arm strength of a high school soph

that kinda their fault tho wasnt it? ideally they shoulda been trying to find his replacement in the last 2 drafts when they knew he was nearing the end! bright side is they managed to stay a playoff contending team with Ben playing like ass, the bar for the qb play they need to compete is not real high!! i dont understand signing Trubisky then drafting the most ready made of the 2 decent qb prospects? i suppose they had to act on trubisky well before they knew pickett would get to them in the draft. is that gonna be a open competition now? i dont think Pickett is gonna get any better sitting, he already 24 and about as much a finished product ya get out of college.

that kinda their fault tho wasnt it? ideally they shoulda been trying to find his replacement in the last 2 drafts when they knew he was nearing the end! bright side is they managed to stay a playoff contending team with Ben playing like ass, the bar for the qb play they need to compete is not real high!! i dont understand signing Trubisky then drafting the most ready made of the 2 decent qb prospects? i suppose they had to act on trubisky well before they knew pickett would get to them in the draft. is that gonna be a open competition now? i dont think Pickett is gonna get any better sitting, he already 24 and about as much a finished product ya get out of college.
Yes, that's why I said that Pitt mismanaged the QB situation the last few years.

First 5 picks this evening all could use a QB, have a feeling Willis is off the board pretty quickly

Not sure if TB takes one that high to obviously sit behind Brady til he makes up his mind, same with Vikings and Cousins

He could easily step in when Tannehill does Tannehill things

NYG declined Jones' option so they're looking

And of course Houston...might actually see 2 QBs taken in the first 5 tonight

First 5 picks this evening all could use a QB, have a feeling Willis is off the board pretty quickly

Not sure if TB takes one that high to obviously sit behind Brady til he makes up his mind, same with Vikings and Cousins

He could easily step in when Tannehill does Tannehill things

NYG declined Jones' option so they're looking

And of course Houston...might actually see 2 QBs taken in the first 5 tonight

Didn’t tampa take their “behind Brady” project last year (the gator kid?)? They hate him already or just going with a draft 1 every year and hope one pops approach? Don’t think that a bad idea, 2nd round probably a bit early for it, draft a qb on 2nd or 3rd day every year no matter who your qb is!! Nobody ever gonna be sitting around thinking “man this sucks we have too many good qbs”!!! . I dunno when run starts (you would think sooner than later) but should be quite a few go off tonight. Willis, ridder, Howell, the ol miss kid, think 1 more I can’t think of.

Didn’t tampa take their “behind Brady” project last year (the gator kid?)? They hate him already or just going with a draft 1 every year and hope one pops approach? Don’t think that a bad idea, 2nd round probably a bit early for it, draft a qb on 2nd or 3rd day every year no matter who your qb is!! Nobody ever gonna be sitting around thinking “man this sucks we have too many good qbs”!!! . I dunno when run starts (you would think sooner than later) but should be quite a few go off tonight. Willis, ridder, Howell, the ol miss kid, think 1 more I can’t think of.
Looks like Bucs are taking Logan Hall at 33

I hit two separate parlays on players that would be picked in the first round last night.
Zion Johnson, Elam, Green, Dotson and Hill +508

Johnson, Elam,Dotson, Walker and Green +440

Tonight I bet first WR/RB off the board Pickens/Hall +380

I’m probably wrong on Pickens but after last nights winnings it was worth a shot.

Back