***NFL Draft In-Game Thread***

I would agree except 10 picks and no WRs in a deep WR draft, for a team who's depth chart at the position is Rashod Bateman, Devon Duvernay and Jaylon Moore. Seems like a big hole there.

They seem to be right behind the pats when it comes to having no use for weapons on the outside, lol. It hard to not have faith in this franchise, they have proven they know what they doing but gotta wonder if they might be letting game pass them by in that regard? I guess the theory is to zig while everyone else zagging? Hard to get value in a position everyone coveting but at same time there a reason everyone else scrambling to find playmakers in the passing game on rookie contracts! Could be Bateman is developing into something more this offseason, that is absolutely possible but even if he becomes a legit 1 they could still use some more help.

Im not sure any the QB’s in this draft ever end up being even average NFL starters but man I think it crazy atl took Ridder ahead of Willis!! Willis could absolutely be a bust, well not really a bust considering where he was drafted, but I watched a ton of Ridder at cincy and he a clipboard holder imo. It not like he a straight pocket qb either, Willis athleticism and rushing ability is light years better than Ridder!! Willis could start 2marro and only Lamar and Allen would be better than him in the run game, Willis gets the nod over Hurts in that category imo! Willis arm is stronger by a mile. I dunno what Ridder has on Willis? Maybe in the classroom since I don’t know either’s ability there. That only thing I can think of, that Ridder crushed it on the chalkboard and rest of interview! Maybe the coach sees tannenhill in Ridder but you wouldn’t think that a good thing!! Shit baffling to me. Like I said I gots no clue if any of them work, not gonna pretend I’m a scout, just watched a lot of both in college and I’m shocked it was even a conversation let alone actually going with Ridder! Of course I think ATL also took what gonna turn out to be 3rd or 4th best wr in this draft when they had their pick of the bunch! Could be this falcons front office and scouting department sucks!!!

did Strong from Nevada get drafted? I remember at one point early in year he was thought of pretty highly!!

Have seen the Cowboys draft ranked 31st by USA Today and 6th by Sporting News. Pretty wild disparity there.

I'm guessing neither are correct, but Cowboys draft record in recent years favors the Sporting News. Acquiring talent has not been their issue. Coaching them has been.

I'm guessing neither are correct, but Cowboys draft record in recent years favors the Sporting News. Acquiring talent has not been their issue. Coaching them has been.

Dallas Cowboys: C+​

Top needs: WR, OL, DL

The Cowboys have picked three offensive linemen in the first round in the past 40 drafts, and all three made at least one first-team All-Pro. They built some really good offenses around Tyron Smith (2011), Travis Frederick(2013) and Zack Martin (2014), and Smith and Martin are still there, playing at a high level (when healthy). This line is getting old, though, and with La'el Collins released in the offseason, it needed a talent infusion.

Enter Tyler Smith, a raw but nasty left tackle with intriguing traits and a 6-foot-5, 324-pound frame. Smith needs a lot of work on his technique, but you can see on tape why he went in Round 1. Could he start at left guard in Year 1 and move to either tackle spots in future years? That might be the best bet to get him on the field. Plus, with the way the wide receiver board fell -- six went before Dallas' pick at No. 24 -- the front office likely didn't have any Round 1 wideout grades left.

After that, though, the Sam Williams (56) pick left me scratching my head. All he does is rush the passer. He isn't good against the run. I would have taken him on Day 3. Jalen Tolbert(89) fills a need at wide receiver, but the more I think about it, the more I see some redundancy in what Michael Gallup already brings this offense. Jake Ferguson (129) is just a backup tight end based on what I saw on tape. He went too high. Linebacker Damone Clark (176) might turn into a good player, but he recently had spinal fusion surgery, so it's really tough to use a fifth-round pick on an unknown injury.

I think that's it; this class just has too many unknowns. We don't know if Smith can definitely be a good guard or that Williams can definitely be an every-down player. Tolbert has good hands but is still raw. This is a risky group.

I remember him having some buzz as being a potential 1st rounder at one point!!
One of my first thoughts when Purdy got drafted into the ultimate career holding a clipboard. Good for him but can't believe Strong went completely undrafted, he should just go to the CFL and have fun for a couple years.

One of my first thoughts when Purdy got drafted into the ultimate career holding a clipboard. Good for him but can't believe Strong went completely undrafted, he should just go to the CFL and have fun for a couple years.

If you told me I had to try and build a team around Strong or Ridder I would say give me Strong! I’ve never claimed to be great talent evaluator but I don’t see Ridder as anything more than a backup. Maybe there things bout strong I totally missed when watching him but seemed like he could make throws.

Dallas Cowboys: C+​

Top needs: WR, OL, DL

The Cowboys have picked three offensive linemen in the first round in the past 40 drafts, and all three made at least one first-team All-Pro. They built some really good offenses around Tyron Smith (2011), Travis Frederick(2013) and Zack Martin (2014), and Smith and Martin are still there, playing at a high level (when healthy). This line is getting old, though, and with La'el Collins released in the offseason, it needed a talent infusion.

Enter Tyler Smith, a raw but nasty left tackle with intriguing traits and a 6-foot-5, 324-pound frame. Smith needs a lot of work on his technique, but you can see on tape why he went in Round 1. Could he start at left guard in Year 1 and move to either tackle spots in future years? That might be the best bet to get him on the field. Plus, with the way the wide receiver board fell -- six went before Dallas' pick at No. 24 -- the front office likely didn't have any Round 1 wideout grades left.

After that, though, the Sam Williams (56) pick left me scratching my head. All he does is rush the passer. He isn't good against the run. I would have taken him on Day 3. Jalen Tolbert(89) fills a need at wide receiver, but the more I think about it, the more I see some redundancy in what Michael Gallup already brings this offense. Jake Ferguson (129) is just a backup tight end based on what I saw on tape. He went too high. Linebacker Damone Clark (176) might turn into a good player, but he recently had spinal fusion surgery, so it's really tough to use a fifth-round pick on an unknown injury.

I think that's it; this class just has too many unknowns. We don't know if Smith can definitely be a good guard or that Williams can definitely be an every-down player. Tolbert has good hands but is still raw. This is a risky group.
LOL. "All he does is rush the passer." As if Randy Gregory (also a 2nd round pick) did anything else, yet the Broncos just gave him and his multiple suspension history 5 years/$70 million to lure him away from Dallas. Kiper's a boob.

Back