*** NFL Draft In-Game Thread ***

I remember a time when Miami dominated the first round and now they are lucky if a few of their players get drafted at all.

Canes, Nebraska, and usc the 3 powers of my youth who’s programs have really fell apart. usc still churning out some top level players at least. Miami In particular really has to be whiffing with their hires cause we all know how much talent comes from that area!

Sad, I was huge fan of those late 80s and 90s canes teams. I always rooted for them to beat the Irish who were fall more popular in my area. Guess even at young age I related to the “thug”, “rap music” , convict type mystique of the bad boy school!! Lol

Last edited:
Canes, Nebraska, and usc the 3 powers of my youth who’s programs have really fell apart. usc still churning out some top level players at least. Miami In particular really has to be whiffing with their hires cause we all know how much talent comes from that area!

Sad, I was huge fan of those late 80s and 90s canes teams. I always rooted for them to beat the Irish who were fall more popular in my area. Guess even at young age I related to the “thug”, “rap music” , convict type mystique of the bad boy school!! Lol

Its been one terrible hire after another once Butch Davis left.

I’m biased

we know that bout you twink! be that as it may you spot on this one. Was really the reason I took a shot on over 1.5 backs because the fit with kc and Edwards-Helare was just too perfect. I dunno if he was really the best back but he fits with kc about as well as any rookie fits into anyone’s team! He gonna catch a boatload of passes in that offense and make kc offense just that much better! I dont think he as close to McCaffery between the tackles but in the passing game I think he compares pretty favorably.

Canes vs FSU was a major happening in the 90's. It was Michigan vs Ohio State level. The Canes were unbelievable and somehow have been noncompetitive for sometime now. College football would be better with them being an elite program, much like the NFL is better with the Raiders being a contender. There's a mystic about these criminal organizations.

Canes vs FSU was a major happening in the 90's. It was Michigan vs Ohio State level. The Canes were unbelievable and somehow have been noncompetitive for sometime now. College football would be better with them being an elite program, much like the NFL is better with the Raiders being a contender. There's a mystic about these criminal organizations.

for sure. I never missed any those Miami/fsu games back then! Seemed like they were always great games that came down to a last second fg!

Of course I liked it more when either played the Irish as I hated that team while most the weanies I went to school with loved the Irish!! Lol

Nebraska pulled several guys out of south florida this last class, one of which was very highly rated that had been committed to miami. Miami even went dirty on signing day with him right before he was going to sign.

Nebraska's last first rd pick was 2011 draft, I believe. Huge talent and development dropoff. The talent lagged after Callahan's recruits left. The development flat out stopped once pelini left. Giving frost 5 years to see what he can do, because the program was in that bad of shape.

Nebraska pulled several guys out of south florida this last class, one of which was very highly rated that had been committed to miami. Miami even went dirty on signing day with him right before he was going to sign.

Nebraska's last first rd pick was 2011 draft, I believe. Huge talent and development dropoff. The talent lagged after Callahan's recruits left. The development flat out stopped once pelini left. Giving frost 5 years to see what he can do, because the program was in that bad of shape.

you think the move to the big10 potentially hurt them as well or has it been mainly incompetent hires?

you think the move to the big10 potentially hurt them as well or has it been mainly incompetent hires?

No, I don't think so other than the fact that Pelini was great at defending the pass and really bad at defending the run (once Suh left). Some people think it hurt our ability to recruit Texas, but we never really recruited Texas all that great in the first place. We got some good players out of the state over the years, sure, but Nebraska has always recruited nationally and we continue to do so.

Nebraska has tripped over their own dick more than anything else.

I had a few chalky I liked but this is trade round and the fact that some teams have a player they are fascinated with scares me.

Kmet over 43.5 -105

Mims -115 vs Higgins

small play on Eason +170 next QB

Higgins o 38.5 +105

Pittman u 47.5 (bad number)

full play on the Mims

0.50 on the others except Eason 0.25

I'll be looking live moreso, but if nothing presents itself I just want to make sure I profit off the draft.

Just here to enjoy!
on that kmet one too. like that one a lot

I bet something happens over the weekend when the draft dies down a little and it will draw some talk and pull people back to the TV set

Back