NCAAF 18/19 Bowl Thread

Twitter thoughts:

Marshall @ USF (+2.5/55.5) Notice the @ instead of v. Yep, USF rewarded with a bowl trip to their home stadium. What a collapse down the stretch for USF. 7-0, ranked and then finish on five-game-skid. Fourth bowl in row for USF, playing at home. Where is motivation?USF avg 29 ppg but in the 5 game skid they scored 36, 15, 23, 17, 10. Marshall has second best defense of the group, somehwere in middle seems like a fairly optimistic output forecast for USF against a Marshall def that allows 22 PPG. USF may be without QB Blake Barnett again. Their collapse down the stretch has coincided with his injury. They will have a new OC as massively overrated Sterlin Gilbert will be the new HC at McNeese. USF rush defense is bottom 25 and pass defense is average. Theyve allowed 27+ in last 6 games. Remedy for bad Marsh off. The issues for Marshall start at QB. Theyve tried two guys this year and both have been very disappointing. QB shouldnt have to do much here though as they should have lotta success running it. They are avg rush off and below avg pass off. Good for the matchup. With USF having QB issues, they will want to rely on their ground game. Problem is, Marshall has an elite rush defense, raw top 10 statistically. They arent bad in the secondary, they just get tested there more than they do against run. Holliday is v good bowl coach, 5-0 SU+ATS. Third bowl game in past four years for Marshall's seniors. I think they have to be the more motivated team, considering USF is playing at home in a meaningless game. WR Tyre Brady will be drafted and has said he will be playing for Marshall in the game. Thats very significant. The other good news is that Marshall may be getting Tyler King back at RB (My note - still ?) , who has been sorely missed. He's very dynamic and could have a field day against this defense. Marshall has ST and big coaching edges. I havent bet Marshall (My note, now I have) and I'm still plotting how I want to approach it. There are some props I could see getting my attention, I could be convinced to take a USF team total under with a likely first time play caller in Shaun King (Yep, of Tulane and Bucs). Weather is now going to impact the game with it being wet and sloppy, thats a huge edge to Marshall. (My updated weather note) I'll go with a 30-17 Marshall win.
Thank you sir! Appreciate you taking the time to post!

Just took a look, rain all day and thunderstorms likely during the 1h w/14-15 mph winds...not sure how it what effect it would have but obv lightning delay is one thing that pops in my mind, obviously wet field so expect a bit of a mudder

Mower bowl tonight, USF QB Blake Barnett only an emergency option. Not expected to start nor play. His mid season absence coincided with their precipitous fall out of the top 25.

Let’s get outta this prop rut (Wake/Memphis)

Alex Bachman Over 40.5 rec yards +100 (1 unit)
Matt Colburn Over 60.5 rush yards -120 (1 unit)

Gonna try to middle this:

Houston/Army Over 55.5 -105 (1 unit)

Props (Buffalo/Troy)

Anthony Johnson Over 4.5 rec -115 (1 unit)
Anthony Johnson Over 77.5 rec yards +105 (1 unit)

Props (Hawaii/La Tech)

John Urusua Over 5.5 rec -115 (1 unit)
John Urusa Over 87.5 rec yards +105 (1 unit)

Ursua props no action as he didn’t start and won’t play. Not a word about him nursing hammy. Means toast for my Over as well. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Back at it for the home stretch in a few days.

That Georgia number (-13), keeps on rising. Kicking myself for not taking it sooner at the -10. I just think they're om a mission to prove that they shoulda been playing with the "big" boys, and are gonna roll.

But those fukkin' back door covers, especially on a number like this...

Boise/BC Under 53 -115 (1 unit)

Almost bought off at 57 after some personnel announcements but now the weather forecast is really bad and market has taken action. Hope it doesn’t land 54.

Reactions: KJ
That Georgia number (-13), keeps on rising. Kicking myself for not taking it sooner at the -10. I just think they're om a mission to prove that they shoulda been playing with the "big" boys, and are gonna roll.

But those fukkin' back door covers, especially on a number like this...
I’ve never laid points against Tom Herman and I won’t start here. I’ll likely be on Texas but I’m waiting to see if I can get more. I back him as a dog every time.

Almost bought off at 57 after some personnel announcements but now the weather forecast is really bad and market has taken action. Hope it doesn’t land 54.
Down to 51.5. Playable still? I have previous OVER 55 from before....

Isnt this game at AT&T Stadium in Dallas?

Props:

ND/Clemson

Ian Book Over 20.5 completions -110 (1 unit)

Oklahoma/Alabama

CeeDee Lamb Over 66.5 rec yards -110 (1 unit)

I hit Lamb in the Big 12 champ. He is a great target, but seems to be 1B on the Sooners. Cant think of the #1 off the top of my head. If 1 did not go down with the leg injury, Lamb would not have hit. Has #1 recovered?

I hit Lamb in the Big 12 champ. He is a great target, but seems to be 1B on the Sooners. Cant think of the #1 off the top of my head. If 1 did not go down with the leg injury, Lamb would not have hit. Has #1 recovered?
Hollywood Brown. He is practicing again. Receivers like Brown don’t seem to bug Bama too much. Lamb can win in similar ways, in addition to the back shoulders and 50/50s. Brown had 103 targets and Lamb 78. They are never behind and will be this game, so I think game script helps a bunch.

Back