NBA Week 1 (10.30.07 - 11.04.07) plays

macdamn

Pretty much a regular
Can't believe NBA is already here. I'm mostly a ML dog bettor. I plan on betting just about nightly through November and December, then pack it in January when the NBA becomes one big crapshoot. I've spent the last two seasons getting my ass handed to me in January and beyond giving back most of the profits I've made. Not this season. Well I may have a few plays here and there during those months, but very very selectively.

For opening night:
Utah Jazz ML +144

The Jazz were one of my favorite teams to bet last year and this year they will be too when they're underdogs. They will be one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA again this year. They're always disciplined. That frontcourt of Boozer, Kirilenko and Okur is nasty. Deron Williams at the point is poised for a breakout year. The Warrirors on the other hand are in for a letdown season IMO after upsetting Dallas in the 1st round of the playoffs last year. They're a bit overvalued this season due to that I think. They no longer have Jason Richardson, who both played a big hand in the playoffs. I expect they're in for a .500 or less season of mediocrity like the usual Warriors we all know.

Good luck and hope everyone has a great season.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

For All Hallow's Eve night, one unit each, got all of them at MB:

Chicago ML +136
Milwaukee ML +244
Philadelphia ML +294

Short on time, but I think these all involve teams that are IMO undervalued against teams that are at least slightly overvalued.

GL

I think the Queens have the best chance of pulling an upset tonight. Definitely dont see the 71ers winning

got yer title bro.

I woulda wanted more for philly....You mighta got a good deal for the bucks...dunno - I still think it's very likely that they lose.

Chicago I like, but I never built up the stones to play it.

GL tonight.

Thanks for fixing the title, red. Yeah we'll see if any of these teams I bet can pull it out. Good luck with Dallas.

Nice 0-3 on Wednesday. I'm just that good, LOL.

Updated record:
1-3 -1.59 units

For Friday:
Detroit ML +137
Portland ML +305
Milwaukee ML +145
NY Knicks ML +202

Detroit: The Pistons are just the better team here. If they can contain Howard they should pull it out. Not worried about b2b this early in the season.

Portland: The Blazers hung in pretty well vs the Spurs despite Roy playing one of the worst games of his career. This game here with New Orleans is probably the only winnable game of their 3 game opening trip. If New Orleans is going to be laying chalk like this regularly then I will be fading them regularly.

Milwaukee: Yeah that was a bad bet to take Milwaukee on Wednesday. They pretty much suck. Charlotte has a decent starting 5 but really has no depth. Morrison and May being out take away 2 solid scoring threats. We'll see if the Bucks can actually step up. Hopefully having a game under their belt gives them a slight edge.

NY Knicks: The Knicks always play well in Cleveland it seems, with 3 wins there in the last 2 years. Who really knows what to expect out of the Knicks, but I think they have a shot. Cleveland ain't got much besides LeBron. That team is seriously overvalued.

GL tonight everyone.

With ya on the Pistons and Knicks, bro...kinda like portland. Hate the bucks. GL on em all, tho.

let's win some tonight!

big day for you and me with all the ML dogs in NBA and CFB....

I even have a spread play on Reno tonight at NMSU.

;)

Back