NBA Wednesday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
60-43 +39.95 units

Split last time out but hitting about 67 percent over last thirty plays. Very happy to be able to get some winners during the tougher time of season. Actually this year, the easy time(November) was tougher for me. You learn new things every year. Congrats to tonights winners and lets get going with a good sized Wednesday card.

Toronto +9 -110 2 units

I think this is a must win game for Toronto. Now, am I saying they will win? Of course not but I do believe they will put up their best performance against Boston this year and be right in the game at the end with a chance. These are division rivals and so far Boston has taken the Raptors crown quite convincingly. I will say though I really like the way Toronto has progressed this season and they should prove difficult come spring as they are really gelling. I expect a dayum good performance and I think the nine points should be plenty.

New Orleans -7 -110 4 units

Have been waiting for this spot for a bit now and sets up perfectly. The Hornets are as hot of a team in the league right now. They have won 5 in a row by these margins(26-5-31-28-14). Before that they did lose to the Lakeshow but that was preceded by a great three game road stretch winning against LAC,GSW and the PHX game. This is the fourth of Five at home so fatigue is certainly no factor. Portland is polishing off a 7 game trip here. They have split so far and are coming off the MLK overtime win in Atlanta. This is 7 games in 11 days and they have a six game homestand awaiting them. This is a classic throwaway game as I think the line represents. These teams played twice the first week o the year with the teams splitting(blowout for Hornets at home and a tight one at the Rose Garden). They played again before Christmas and Portland won by double digits at home. I look for a close game till half and then New Orleans to just cruise to a double digit win in second half. Keep an eye on a half play as well.

Thats it..best of luck. Any questions I will be around till about 2:30 est am. Then thats it till Thursday.

:7_2_111:

LOVE the New Orleans play BAR.

Also I do like the fact that Bosch steps up his game whenever he plays KG. I was actually looking for a Bosch prop out there in pts and boards.

thoughts on ...

detroit and chicago if any?

Detroit should win the game. The hting is they are playing so many road games this month and this kinda gets near the end of it. They need the win and like Chauncey said...'I can sleep after a loss like that'. He couldn't after the loss at UC on Saturday due to the effort. Dalmbert always gets on the boards against us but last year we really were so proficient on offense against that team. I think it will stay around the spead most likely.

Chicago is such an enigma..which team shows up. No J.O means good play outta the Pacers this season. They can be a fun team to watch and will push the pace. I think Chicago will go with that and it should be an entertaining game. I think the line is just right. You just never know with Chicago. I wanted to lean Pacers but I can see the Bulls playing very good against this bad defense.

Was leaning hard towards the Dinosaurs, and its a great spot for NO.
Yeah, I think the RAPS show some heart here. Boston hasn't been overly consistent this month so far and thats what January is..the dog days. Just like when Boston came to Detroit..and the Orlando game on Monday...I think in the midseason lull...this game means much more to one team.

i will be on the hornets too...is pierce playin in the boston game? i know he got ejected in the knicks game, was there any suspension issued?

wed plays: hornets, wizards, rockets n suns

great info as always, good luck :cheers:

what do you think of the kings-clips game? was leaning hard on the kings, havent pulled the trigger yet though, the kings seem healthy (except for salmons ankle sprain a while a go) and looks like they have something going for them now.... thoughts on this game?

thanks in advance
-Master P :cheers:

i will be on the hornets too...is pierce playin in the boston game? i know he got ejected in the knicks game, was there any suspension issued?

No. He and Q just got their panties twisted up with each other, and both picked up 2 twisted panties techs.

it's not like they started slugging each other.

Article

HOWARD MATCHUP INSPIRES 'SHEED: Wallace breaks through slump against young star

January 22, 2008
BY KRISTA JAHNKE
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
ORLANDO -- Pistons center/forward Rasheed Wallace had gone four games without displaying much energy and without scoring in double digits before Monday night's game against the Magic.
Pistons coach Flip Saunders said he thought a recent lack of big-men matchups -- the kind of thing that get Wallace juiced -- haven't helped matters.
"I think sometimes he goes through that," Saunders said. "But that shouldn't be a concern tonight."
It wasn't. Wallace woke up, scoring 15 points with 15 rebounds. Facing All-Star center Dwight Howard is one of the matchups he looks forward to.
"I like going against the young fella," Wallace said. "He's one of the better centers in the league. He's going to be around for a while. It's always fun to match up against him."
Fun and educational, too, at least for Howard. Wallace revealed last season that he enjoys dolling out mid-game tips to players like Howard -- young up-and-comers he respects.
Howard appreciates those learning sessions.
"A lot of players do it. He does it more so than anybody else," Howard said. "He's just a great person. I love playing against him. He makes you play hard. He's going to talk trash, he's going to get in your head, but he's a great person."
Wallace said he's not worried about Howard using those tips against him. There's a reason students rarely beat their teachers at their own games.
"Well, the tips I do give him, I know the counters to," Wallace said. "It's like a karate master. I'll teach the student one technique but I know how to give him that technique."

Added play

http://cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47982

Check Brewers thread about the scheduling...

Look at the teams they have played..up and down teams...and of a win. Granted not many...but still a few will be looking at the Boston game next. Phoenix is B2B but Grant is back so that helps the depth

Phoenix -8.5 -110 2 units

also,

Sacramento +1.5 -110

Das all folks. lets sweep this shit.

like suns too both situation and motivaiton. gonna go watch tonights game from them now.

Sorry, im confussed again as I know someone has told me this before, but…
When B.A.R has not put how many units next to the play, does that mean that it is a 1 Unit play? Or a 1.5unit play?
Cheers and GL to all tailing and B.A.R of course :smiley_acbe:

:tiphat:

:cheers:

Sorry, im confussed again as I know someone has told me this before, but…
When B.A.R has not put how many units next to the play, does that mean that it is a 1 Unit play? Or a 1.5unit play?
Cheers and GL to all tailing and B.A.R of course :smiley_acbe:

:tiphat:

:cheers:

I agree with you - you win
I disagree with you - you win

Today I agree with you. hm... what will be the result... :)

Looks good, both picks, Hornets especially. I think that Raptors should hold the line, but I'm not touching that, since I feel that Garnett is a good match up to Bosh and too many times I have watched Boston this year win or lose the game on the boards and with Bargniani I can't count on Toronto to come close in that department. Still, as long as AP will guard Allen as I seen him do, Raptors should hold the line as I said.

Best of luck!!!

B.A.R. one question, why do you think that the Sixers will hold the line? They have fallen apart most games against the big teams and it seems like a perfect place to back the Pistons, coming from straight losses and with a great desire to win.

B.A.R. one question, why do you think that the Sixers will hold the line? They have fallen apart most games against the big teams and it seems like a perfect place to back the Pistons, coming from straight losses and with a great desire to win.

This is just a rough month for Detroit with almost 70 percent of their games on the road. They have barely been home. This is the dog days as well. They really played a playoff-intensity style game on Monday night in Orlando. Tonight they'll walk into a half empty Wachovia Center which will not present the same atmosphere or challenge. Players like Rip and Sheed returning home always have other distractions with fam/friends whatnot.

Do you mean the Kings at -1.5? I am only seeing -1 and -1.5.
It opened yesterday afternoon at +1

I played this(along with Phx) at 5dimes right when I posted. Looks like the line shifted big time after that. Wow. Still like it a bit as a fav..same difference really.

BOL BAR

HAHAHA

smile.gif
SCT's NBA Wednesday
<hr style="color: rgb(253, 222, 130);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> YTD 54-49 +4.08

Had a solid win Tuesday night as the Kings took care of business early, onto Wednesday.

1* Toronto +9 (-110)

Boston has completely owned this series thus far, and this is a must win game for for the Raps. I am not calling for the outright win, but in terms of motivation being in a must win situation vs their division rival, I like the points here.

2* New Orleans -7 (-110)

Good setup here for the Hornets. Portland is playing their 7th straight road game in 11 days, which is the end of their road trip and a 6 game home stand awaits them. New Orleans is rested with this being their 4th of 5 straight at home so fatigue will not be a factor in this game. Not to mention the Hornets are playing excellent right now as they have won 5 in a row by 26-5-31-28-14. To me this is a game that will be competitive in the first half, with New Orleans pulling away in the 2nd half.

i like no too for today but the spread is kinda big. for two team that are hot.
Gab, I believe this is a throwaway game for Portland, hence the line.

<hr style="color: rgb(253, 222, 130);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> I'm lookin at one more game for tonight, be back in a bit...

-the only question is.. phoenix/sacramento?

BOL BAR

HAHAHA

smile.gif
SCT's NBA Wednesday

<HR style="COLOR: rgb(253,222,130)" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> YTD 54-49 +4.08

Had a solid win Tuesday night as the Kings took care of business early, onto Wednesday.

1* Toronto +9 (-110)

Boston has completely owned this series thus far, and this is a must win game for for the Raps. I am not calling for the outright win, but in terms of motivation being in a must win situation vs their division rival, I like the points here.

2* New Orleans -7 (-110)

Good setup here for the Hornets. Portland is playing their 7th straight road game in 11 days, which is the end of their road trip and a 6 game home stand awaits them. New Orleans is rested with this being their 4th of 5 straight at home so fatigue will not be a factor in this game. Not to mention the Hornets are playing excellent right now as they have won 5 in a row by 26-5-31-28-14. To me this is a game that will be competitive in the first half, with New Orleans pulling away in the 2nd half.

Are you serious some tout stole his writeups and his picks.... for some reason I dont think this is a rare occurence that those shady ass touts would do.

Or maybe BAR is 'that some tout'..:tiphat:

Ah maybe.....I dont got to RX, so I wouldnt know....but I have heard of touts taking Helmut, and others picks before.

ABCS can your boys take a Melo less Nugs tonight?

I have been money predicting my hawks of late.. but i havent even looked at lines or matchups, gonna try to focus my time on golf. GL

1* Phoenix -8 (-110)

Minnesota has been getting the cash lately as they had a close game in Denver and won SU in Golden St, but tonight seems like a flat spot for them.

@Phoenix
@Denver
@Golden St
Home v Phoenix
@Boston

Hill is back in the lineup so that helps the Suns depth, plus the last time Phoenix played here they lost SU, so I don't think there will be a lack of motivation in this one.

lol this is getting hilarious

BOL BAR

HAHAHA

smile.gif
SCT's NBA Wednesday
<hr style="color: rgb(253, 222, 130);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> YTD 54-49 +4.08

1* Toronto +9 (-110)

2* New Orleans -7 (-110)

what an asshole i fuckin hate touts, i wish we could do something.

Back