NBA Tuesday....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Nice easy win with the Hornets last night. It was a typical overreaaction for buyers to Celtics winning @ San Antonio. We are approaching the time of the year where you must differentiate the teams that need to win and the teams that don't care.

Back to Sunday for a moment. I lost the game but wasn't too unhappy. Hamilton missed so many freakin FT's that Detroit could have won the game. It was a lot like the controversial Dallas-Miami game @ Miami earlier this year where both sides felt they should have got a win. I am happy from a fan's perspective that Detroit played so solid. The bench is there this year and even with Chris down low we are playing great defense again. Much credit to the Stons to come back on such short rest off road trip and be in that game till the end. Its a great sign so I'll take the good with the bad from that game.

Tonight, a few thoughts first.

The Pacers are pretty much in shutdown mode. Larry Bird is showing he isn't that good of a GM getting two guys who cannot defend and belong in the Western Conference. Feel bad for J.O. on this team honestly. The guy is too good to be stuck with this crew. The tariff for Houston is a bit high but IMO thats the only side. You just cannot bet on the Pacers right now IMO. People will and they may win but its more like taking a stab in the dark IMO.

I will not be suprised to see the Cavs lose @ Charlotte tonight. I won;t be suprised to see them win easily either. Definite look ahead factor but a if this team wants that top spot they would do well to take it game by game. Should be interesting this evening.

I see the Knicks as a live dog tonight. Dallas is getting into that we can just take over when we need to modes right now. I love the public cash coming in on the Mavs too. Thats why I waited till just a bit ago to fire on the Knicks.

New York +8.5 -110 2 units

I have been tossing this Portland-Washington game around all day. Key injury both ways(Butler, Randolph). Huge revenge for Wizards and Gilbert Arenas. The key for him tonight is to not force anything. I think the whole team steps up and gets it done. Portland is scrappy as hell @ home and does well against poor defensive teams. I think the Randolph loss though hurts a bit much tonight. Small play on the Wizards

Washington -3 -110 1 unit

New Orleans needs to keep winning but the 4 in 5 is a bit much for me against a fast paced team.

Utah and Warriors should be a good game. I would lean Golden State right now but haven't fired yet..

GL to everyone tonight. Any questions I will answer for next 90 minutes.'an_horse'

Good luck BAR :shake: :cheers: I'm skipping the Knicks tonight, missing their energy on the glass to take this one, it's pretty much a name the score game pretty much whoever Mavs play except the top teams, not taking a gamble.

But I like the Wiz, could take them tonight but still thinking. :shake:

Good lukc BAR hope you hit both. Whats your take on your Stons' tonight, sixers coming off that ugly ugly loss against the Rockets???

Good lukc BAR hope you hit both. Whats your take on your Stons' tonight, sixers coming off that ugly ugly loss against the Rockets???

I swear for the past three years every DET-PHI game here has been -8..lol. I think Detroit will win it late..somewhere from 4-10 points. No interest in the game really. Dalembert is a worry. He had huge numbers last time against DET. Philly's defense isn't good though and that bodes well for Det's motion/passing offense.

Good luck BAR :shake: :cheers: I'm skipping the Knicks tonight, missing their energy on the glass to take this one, it's pretty much a name the score game pretty much whoever Mavs play except the top teams, not taking a gamble.

But I like the Wiz, could take them tonight but still thinking. :shake:

True about Dallas but I see them in the "Detroit" funk from last year. Its bveen so easy for them for so long that now they need new challenges each game. These games against average teams are harder to get up for. They will have a battle in 4th IMO.

Im new to the site just runnin thru and wanted to wish you luck tonight...Hope you hit them both.....

welcome aboard man. Hope you enjoy the site and the information it provides. Any questions or problems feel free to conatct myself or a partner/moderator via PM.

Bar
I like that NO line but it is a lot of games. the total however suggests that vegas thinks it will be high scoring and that NO won't be that tired.

Thx Bar and I do have one ?, Whats up wit all the nude photos on on a sports betting form....Not that im complaining....lol....

Hehe-thats all about pleasing the masses. Nice little relief from capping for some of the guys around here. Thats why we have started putting a disclaimer on threads with nudity in case anyone is offended.

Bar
I like that NO line but it is a lot of games. the total however suggests that vegas thinks it will be high scoring and that NO won't be that tired.
Interesting point. I am going to be watching N.O. over next week or two to see if they will be a go-to team the last few weeks for myself.

Hehe-thats all about pleasing the masses. Nice little relief from capping for some of the guys around here. Thats why we have started putting a disclaimer on threads with nudity in case anyone is offended.

Whoever gets offended should be banned on the spot

hey BAR what do you think of knicks/mavs over 48 in the 1st Q and also
bulls 1st Q -2.5 ?

anzhu, I've never seen BAR really play quarters... it's risky business. The best quarter/half is HOU 1Q, 1H IMO. Pacers have almost zero talent and can't play defense anymore. I've never seen such a consistent 1q/1h team as the Rockets. They simply execute every possession and rarely get rattled or turn it over.

Bulls shoot jumpers 90% of the time and rarely get an easy dunk or layup. They can blow you out or fall down 10 early... they are a better bet when down at the half.

hey BAR what do you think of knicks/mavs over 48 in the 1st Q and also
bulls 1st Q -2.5 ?

Bulls first qtr I have no opinion on. The Clippers seem to have given up @ times but are still right there in West

I like that Knicks Mavs total. I see a 27-24 end of one at worst. Should be a solid play

Bulls shoot jumpers 90% of the time and rarely get an easy dunk or layup. They can blow you out or fall down 10 early... they are a better bet when down at the half.

An this is one of the men to talk Bulls hoops with and quarter/half bets:shake:

anzhu, I've never seen BAR really play quarters... it's risky business. The best quarter/half is HOU 1Q, 1H IMO. Pacers have almost zero talent and can't play defense anymore. I've never seen such a consistent 1q/1h team as the Rockets. They simply execute every possession and rarely get rattled or turn it over.

:shake:

I will play qtrs here and there in playoffs when a team simply must come out huge to start a game.

If Bulls blow them out and you don't play it don't blame me... but if you shoot 3's and jumpers off screens to open a game... and rely on a post presence from ben wallace.. the consistency isn't there.

Then on the other hand... you get YAO a touch every time down for the 1st 8 or 9 minutes.. have TMAC driving to the hoop... etc... you can see why HOU is a strong bet at home vs. a bad team rather than the Bulls. I'm sure the ATS #'s support this.

thinking the same here, definitely looking forward to them possibly being down at half, I'd be glad to back them if the line is right.

my thoughts exactly, took them 2nd half for a unit (won't count it in my record as there was no writeup :D )

Also took HOU-IND under for 2 units and Wizards for 4 units. Good luck with the remaining plays BAR :shake:

capping at its finest...lol

well..wednesday was the day I targeted more..so a good day tomorrow will wipe out 2 of last 3 days :)

Back