NBA Saturday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Climbed up 30 units in the past week only to drop 15 last night. I was lucky to get a push with Miami total, otherwise it would have been a 20 unit night to the negatizzle (Killa :36_11_6:).

Anyways, I like several for tonight, let's see how it goes.

The Bulls are improving slowly and I think they're fed up with the losses by now, it's high time for them to post a breakout win here. They were close to coming out of the shell in Arizona but Phoenix beat them anyways. I'm not sure the Clippers can do the same: Maggette is questionable, Patterson bruised as well...Clippers on zero days rest. Long term absentees Brand and Livingston...this team is crippled enough and after a solid start I can see them sliding for a while.
Ben Gordon looks good again, I think he carries this team to a W tonight. Skiles will have his men step up and I love this one.

Bulls (-2) (sold half a point) (1.82 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

I'll add more soon. Good luck tonight everyone. :cheers: :shake:

why bother betting "6 units" or more per game? if you always bet that much, why not make however much that is, 1 unit...

why bother betting "6 units" or more per game? if you always bet that much, why not make however much that is, 1 unit...

That is the AVERAGE play, and it's quite normal to have such staking system, check any European boards. I wrote my average play so people interested could see how much I am up. Some people have unit range from 1 to 10 then all of a sudden they have a 50 unit play. I don't do that. I never stake more than 10 units per bet and have rarely staked more than 10 units on a game (and when I do, I don't take ML and HCP for example, but ML and the over, different type of bets).

If you find it easier, you can translate it to whatever you want, divide it into 6 to get my "real profit". I'm not trying to manipulate or show my record better than it really is. I have a 109% ROI this year, it is what it is. All plays posted here.

Miami played rather well in Boston last night, it seems Riley calling them out after the games finally did something for them. I expect Wade to have another good game despite b2b factor, and these guys are definitely on the climb. The Nets are just too weak right now, and don't forget they're also b2b. By the way, I don't think their MAIN problem is missing Carter right now, their other guys are playing very poorly, sans Kidd perhaps. But I don't see that winning chemistry there. Miami is far from a winning machine as well but they should overcome the Nets tonight.

Heat (-3) (1.91 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

I'll add one more probably.

Even though I wanted to stay away, some things swayed me over after all:

Ok at first I was reluctant to take this one but after looking at it more closely I decided to pull the trigger after all. The Rockets are in the middle of a killer schedule and there's not much more to it, they're without T-Mac and even though they competed well in their first game without him, this is b2b and I think that factor comes to play tonight, against a high octane Suns offense. I would never lay this kind of chalk with San Antonio against Houston, or a defense-first team, but these Suns can eat this kind of spread like a chocolate cake. Good enough for a medium play for me.

Suns (-6) (2.07 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Consensus bets for me tonight it seems. I'd be fine by nailing 2 Ws.

nemoj kinese svatit za ozbiljno (duy)
lie.gif
an_burningbag.gif

still thinking Destilat. I'll try to get info on Maggette. I could buy it out, still not sure.

nice job. hope those 4 and 5 unit plays weren't just to spite me :)

also, hope you didn't take my comment personally, wasn't meant to be. keep up the good work

Thanks JPicks.

Slayer, what do you mean with "4 and 5 unit plays to spite you?" Check my posts, my plays really do range from 1-10. Ok I rarely stake 1, but as I said it's a standardized staking system here in Europe as it is 1-3 (I think) with you guys.

As I said, I can understand all sorts of staking systems, as long as there is a max amount of units per bet. If you're going to have your record at 1-5 units then have a 50-100 unit play out of nowhere, then I don't understand that. I mean what's next? You can always just say "350 units!" "500 units!" and end up in profit sooner or later, but in reality such staking will only lead to bankruptcy.

So no offense of course, I just wanted to explain how I work. 1-10, that's it. And so you didn't think I was up I don't know how much, I stated in my signature that 6 (now 7, thanks to my NHL campaign which raised the average stake a bit) is an average bet, and 10 is maximum.

Satyr i think you are referring to the cfb forum and that guy is just a clown. good luck today..

Back