NBA Saturday picks (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Finally a winner yesterday, the Nets cashed in. Let's try to keep the trend going shall we.

Spurs (-2) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

The way I see this game is either Spurs win by 10 or it goes down the wire and they lose it, just can't see SA winning this closely, within 2 points. So from that perspective this is basically a pick 'em. And I'll take a pick 'em situation on the Spurs in the playoffs more often than not.
They're rightfully favored here and if you ask me this line screams take the Nuggets, they're dogs.
We've already seen this scenario, Denver steals a game in Texas then San Antonio switch to higher gear and cruise the series home.
Even though Denver has improved compared to previous seasons, I think their main problem might be not playing as a team, as a unit for that long, after all they only started balling properly a month or two ago.
And have in mind, Popovich is not Avery Johnson. I still think Avery will develop into one of the best coaches, even in the playoffs, but it also seems he's been struggling to find the formula to beat a team whose physique/team structure should create little to none problems to them.
Popovich is a different story, he knows how to exploit mismatches early, and despite the fact Denver have taken game 1 and they do have a very powerful inside with Nene and Camby controlling the paint, I still think Spurs step up big tonight and take the W.
Whether it will be 3rd or 4th quarter in which they seal the deal I don't know, but I'm thinking they'll do it in 2nd half, which opposes their season 1st half trend followed by a 2nd half letdown.
I expect a lot of movement from Spurs' backcourt and a lot of pressure to Melo and AI, destroying their scoring chemistry.

Cavs (-4) (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

I really expect LeBron and his cast to take the W here, and laying 4 points isn't the worst thing I could imagine against a depleted and troubled Wizards team.
This was supposed to be the most onesided series so far, but the fact is, Wizards managed to stay within a reasonable margin, and that's explicable I think, the Cavs just didn't need nor were challenged enough to destroy them, while they can easily win and get to rest their main men in the process, or at least lay off the pressure and the urgency a bit. Wizards, on the other hand, can't count on anything but making these losses bearable.
Perhaps the Cavs would like to finish them off at home, in front of a big crowd, but making it 1-2 would be a bit too close for them I think, so if I'm going to back Cavs on the road I'm doing it now, 0-3 would pretty much seal the deal, even though we know this one has been sealed when Hibachi and Butler went out.

sorry had to delete the homer your not even from there

easy there bud. There is nothing wrong with supporting a team from a different location. There is a huge fan base for the NBA. Just cause i live in Toronto don't mean i love the Toronto Maple Leafs, i hate them. I also am a Tennessee sports fan but heck i'm not from there. So each to their own

easy there bud. There is nothing wrong with supporting a team from a different location. There is a huge fan base for the NBA. Just cause i live in Toronto don't mean i love the Toronto Maple Leafs, i hate them. I also am a Tennessee sports fan but heck i'm not from there. So each to their own

I live in Harrisburg, PA...I'm a passionate Portland fan

Back