NBA Saturday 10 Unit Play

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Utah's Jazz 1Q -1 (10 Units)

Logic says to grab the Spurs ML in game 3, then double up in game 4 if it loses. I dunno who will win game 3, but the Jazz will win the 1Q. All the talk in games 1 and 2 dealt with the Jazz's lack of confidence and frantic play. Both 1H's in San Antonio were brutal, and it seems we saw a different Jazz team in both 2H's. I think Utah knows the importance of getting out strong from "jump street" (quoting Tayshaun Price) if they have a chance to win this game. Game 3 in an 0-2 situation is really like a game 7. Everyone knows going down 3-0 especially to a team like the Spurs means the series is over. So, I view this game as a game 7 on the Jazz's home floor. Also, the Jazz crowd is very key here. They have a similar affect on their team as the Golden State Warriors fans. And I believe the Jazz will be more comfortable on their home court, which will help their confidence.

As for an on-court reason for this play, I really don't have any specifics. This is strictly a situational play. I dunno if we will see the Spurs lights out shooting keep up in every game this series. And I also expect Derron Williams to attack the rim early in game 3. It seems he is a little hesitant from "jump street". Maybe he has lost some confidence ever since that Warriors series where he picked up a few early fouls in a couple of games? I also expect the Jazz to utilize Boozer more in this game, particularly in sets where he is positioned in the foul line area. Boozer has had success in this series handling the ball from 15ft which gives him the chance to shoot a very high percetange jump shot, or drive to the rim. San Antonio's size and phsyical play seems to stimy Boozer when he operates deep in the paint. I'd really like to see Harpring in the starting line-up in this series. I'd put Fisher on Bowen, and Harpring on Ginobili. What this also does is make Bowen defend more in the paint on Harpring. Harpring is very physical, and he can have success on Bowen (whos post D is questionable). It could also put Bowen early foul trouble. This move may be bad, which is why I'm not a NBA head coach, or maybe a move like this is why Jerry Sloan has never taken his team far in the playoffs?

GL :cheers:

Last edited:
The # I got was -1 at -115. I took it now because the difference between 1 and 1.5 is huge. I doubt it gets past 1, though. By the time the game tips off, I'll be so drunk, and I won't even care if it wins LOL. If it wins, I'll do a shot for the CTG faithful between quarters.:drink:

I put three units on Uath 1st qt--at -140!!! Dammit. But it was lay the juice or do nothing. So I did. Like you, I'm willing to put money on Utah coming out and making a statement those first 12-24 minutes. They better or they is toast.

I might end up putting in Utah -2 full game if I can find computer access before tip. If the Phillies win early in the day, consider it 3 Units on Jazz -2.

gl LIE. game doesnt interest me much but if i were to play something it be to tail you.

what do you think of the tribe on the basepads?

Only other plays I consider is Dodgers and D-Backs. I couldn't provide any info on the Clev/Det game :cheers:

hope you hit it man.. im taking a break from the playoffs.. ever since the warriors got busted just havnt been amused... gl tho

I already have some on Utah -.5 for the 1st q. Think I might add a little more to it. ANd have Utah -1 for the half. Hit it pretty good.

On it too. Got it this morning at -1 (-110) for a very large bet. This will be my last playoffs wager if I lose. I have been on a 1-7 losing streak and am pretty beat. GL to us man.

Back