NBA Round Two discussion thread

What do you think guys, GSW lost the game or Memphis won it?
I'm really rooting for Memphis in this series, the only team left that I like in WC in the second round, but the feeling is that it's more GSW lost the game than Memphis won it.
I think that Pels series did a very poor job for the Warriors. They played it, as if they know they are going to sweep. Didn't see even one sense of urgency from the Warriors in any of 1-3 quarters of their first 6 games so far. They played the entire game, as if 5 minutes of sudden strong play and they will close any gap.
That reminds me LeBron's teams - but - there is no player that comes close to LeBron's two way abilities (both on defense and on offense) and Bron's teams usually tried to make their run not in the end of the game, but much much earlier, especially in the playoffs. They closed most games against Boston with 5 minutes blitz either in the second or the third quarter last round.

I wonder if Memphis can use this win to make it a series. I'm 99% sure that if Memphis win Game 3, it will be their series to lose.
GSW have yet to feel the pressure of 67 wins team, trailing in a series. They know the history that almost all of those teams won titles/ reached the NBA Finals. Memphis is a team with enough experience, that will take anything GSW will give them and will apply the right pressure on any given moment.

Probably the worst the Dubs have played at home all season. MVP ceremony got 'em a little flat but kudos to the Grizz, team knows how to play postseason basketball. Conley was on-point considering he hadn't played in 10+ days. Shocked but not surprised.

It been mentioned for few weeks now that even if he wins the title, he will get fired - nothing new...

Thompson is starting tonight for Cleveland, so you can mark this one as a win for the Cavs. Huge mistake by Blatt for not starting him in Game 1.

Will be on Rose point prop UNDER and Lebron points prop OVER. Rose on one day rest is horrendous. Lebron is looking to be more aggressive.

Also leaning both favorites

Weird timing that it would come out now that Thibodeau will be fired

The rumors have been there for a couple years but the Woj report yesterday sure does seem like he's done. Really fucking sad. Thibs is a guru and if the magic take Brooks over him they're dumb. Now it kinda makes sense why Rose is so quiet all the time.

Memphis can win this series.
Draymond Green is guarding gasol or Randolph. Go to that matchup every timw down the floor.

7 pages???

and yesterday we saw what the warriors look like when klay/curry have bad shooting nights...the price the warriors pay for having an MVP :cigarguy:

the grizz are gritty and just old school... gonna be a madhouse on saturday

As I said, the moment Thompson was announced as starter, this game was over. Probably the series as well.
Chicago are great, but Bron & Kyrie are better (each) than Butler & Rose and LeBron doesn't have to battle in the paint the entire game.
Smith is back from now on, Shumpert is on fire and we saw 12 minutes of Perk :)
Tibs needs to make big adjustments, maybe finally moving Noah to the bench or something. You can't play 4 on 5 on offense against the Cavs.

Without Jordan, Clips don't have a chance (if they had to begin with). Harden can drive to the paint without Jordan inside. Rockets made 22 points in the paint out of 35 overall points in the first quarter and it's insane, given the fact that they scored 10 points from free throw shots - all because Clips don't have any shot blocker inside.
It's insane that we have 59 points in the first quarter, given the fact that teams are 1 - 15 combined from three point line.

Harden with zero points in the second quarter. Jordan with 7 rebounds in the second quarter in 9 minutes.
Clips as a whole team grabbed 7 rebounds in the first quarter without him.

I honestly don't get the Rockets. How can they play that way, at home, trailing 0 -1 in the series to a team that plays without their best player?!

Would be very disturbed if I were a Rockets fan. Getting outworked in 2 consecutive games by a wounded opponent.

It's impossible for 2 favorites to win on any single day, uncanny but true.

They lost two first games in the series at home last season and now on a verge of doing that again. This team is amazingly mentally weak. Dwight's team...

And this season they got some many veterans... Two NBA champions in Terry and Ariza, hustle players like Brewer, extra factor like Smith and still...
This is NOT playoffs basketball...

This 'team' just gave up 41 points in a quarter, after getting called out last game. That is disgusting.

But this is because they think it's regular season I think. Blake came for a screen on Austin (or was it Redick), Harden, instead of fighting through the screen, didn't even make the smallest attempt, just switched. Blake got the ball on the free throw line, with Harden on him, two dribbles and easy basket from close range.
When I saw that, it told the entire story for me... No help, no fighting through screens, nothing...
Blake is going to score on Harden if not 10 out of 10 times, then at least 9 out of 10...
Terrible passes, that are so easy to read, very late getting back on defense, open three pointers...
Clips with 4 from 7 behind the arc in the second quarter, after going 0 - 6 in the first one.
Rockets after 1 - 9 in the first quarter, 1 - 6 behind the arc in the second one (Harden answered Redick's three pointer).

You won't win a playoff game playing like that.

I'm not complaining, have them both ATS and SU in a parlay (with Cleveland), just saying... Such obvious shoves it's mind blowing how refs didn't call fouls...

I don't know how any conspiracy could buy into what's going on here unless the Clippers are in on it as well, this is shite

The question is why would you keep betting the rockets? Half of hardens points are from the line. This team is a fraud

Easily said in hindsight. Rockets one of the better bounceback teams this season. Can't write off a team after 1 bad game, but can after 2.

Rockets are a team that shoots a lot of free throws.

Yeah, came up even with the parlay, but had Rockets -6.5... was so close... :(

lol, the one guy you don't want shooting FT's when all you need is half a point. Fires two back-rim bricks.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-video twitter-video-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="position: absolute; visibility: visible; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100%;" title="Embedded Tweet"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I went to sleep in the 3rd quarter....couldn't stand watching that lame dick team anymore. Glad I cashed a couple ML parlays but I'm done with them. I hope CP3 comes back and puts them out of their misery.

Will be on Rose points Under again on Friday

Saturday will be on the over of Gortat points and rebounds as well as pierce points and 3 pointers over props

and ive said it multiple times already... if the favorite covers in the first game... do NOT take the favorite in game 2. I'm not saying the dog will definitely cover but its more likely than not...and yes im more and more inclined to believe the refs have some part in this :enraged::hang:

Last edited:
Can't believe the NBA won't give us a game tonight either the ATL or GSW game. Have to wait till saturday. :enraged:

Rose + Noah + Butler are 2 from 21 from the field...
Mirotic proves he should be on the floor a lot more.

The good news for them are that they still trail only by 5 points, but Cleveland's offense also has Bron 2 out of 10...

Playoffs have been all about the whistle, then tonight they throw a curveball.

Bulls 33-65 SU under Thibs when they shoot below 40%.

As Cleveland backer for the game and for the series, I just love Noah. With him on the floor, I feel that Cleveland can't lose. Any minute that he is on the floor, it's like playing 5 on 4 on offense and on defense.
Mirotic on the other hand... So happy that Tibs is the coach of the Bulls instead of some open minded coach...

I love Gasol, he is one of my favorite players, but as Kobe said, sometimes he needs to put his big boy pants...
He just can't play in a strong game... Can't handle pushes and so on...

And Noah... just came out... bad news for Cleveland...

Best game in the series so far without a doubt.
Delavedova and Jones are amazing from the bench for Cleveland and the same goes for Mirotic and Gibson for the Bulls.
Bulls are +10 with Mirotic on the floor...

Back