NBA Round Two discussion thread

Wow! Tibs with Gibson as the only big man. I don't think I have seen such a line up for Tibs in this series...
Butler is the PF (or Dunleavy)...

Yeah, heard JVG mentioning this... Hope nothing serious... most injuries prone playoff I can remember...

What a finish! Had Cleveland SU and Bulls Under 98.5, so not good bets wise, but amazing basket and great game!
Butler's basket, Smith's three pointer and then came Rose.
Will be on Cavs again in Game 4...

Great shot but the game should have technically been over if the refs called a foul on LeBron. Pretty disgusting officiating in crunch-time in such a pivotal game.

#balldontlie

You mean on Butler? Great no call I think. No way should the refs bail you out in such a spot in the finale two minutes of a playoff game.

Fouls a foul. LBJ gets bailed out many a time.

Fact is that it wasn't once but twice they didn't call a crucial foul on him. 1st on Butler's 3, 2nd on Rose coming up the court.

absolutely pathetic how bad houston is... goes to show you how incredibly shitty the mavs interior defense was...

howard is a cancer and an absolute bum...

Saturday... LOVE Pierce & Gortat's props... The Truth loves extra rest and he will light it up... and Gortat plays so much better at home and im expecting plenty of rebounds early with the odd start time...

Fouls a foul. LBJ gets bailed out many a time.

Fact is that it wasn't once but twice they didn't call a crucial foul on him. 1st on Butler's 3, 2nd on Rose coming up the court.

that was clearly a foul but no way the refs are going to expose lebron like that and no way they let the game potentially end on that play

like it or not but i believe that's how officials are instructed to call those situations

that was clearly a foul but no way the refs are going to expose lebron like that and no way they let the game potentially end on that play

like it or not but i believe that's how officials are instructed to call those situations

that's a problem that doesn't exist in other sports, it's preferential treatment that no other sport accepts

Entertainment or sport, what's it gonna be?

that's a problem that doesn't exist in other sports, it's preferential treatment that no other sport accepts

Entertainment or sport, what's it gonna be?

what other sport has that situation?

you can't compare it to the NFL

and its obviously entertainment... anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant

Any sport that wants to

They just don't

I could argue that the NFL does but I don't think so

Any sport that wants to

They just don't

I could argue that the NFL does but I don't think so

No other sport has the situation where the clock is winding down game tied with no stoppages...

actually....

something similar happened in hockey.. in the rangers game the other day when the refs didn't call penalties on ovechkin... so don't just say its the NBA

Integrity is a sonofabitch and this sport gets hit over and over again

The Bulls won in spite of the officials tonight, that's a rarity and get ready for it next game, I mean they hand crafted this game for the Cavs yet they still couldn't get it done

Bulls probably should have won by 8-10, the last couple minutes were a riot if you didn't have money on it

Does LeBron need to eat your children to be called for a foul last 2 minutes? It was comical.

Good game tho

Integrity is a sonofabitch and this sport gets hit over and over again

See the problem with this we all expect something shady to happen so when you see something that looks wacky it feeds on itself

The NBA and NHL are the two hardest sports to officiate, and there is obviously superstar treatment... its common knowledge and its been there forever

Does LeBron need to eat your children to be called for a foul last 2 minutes? It was comical.

Good game tho

it was a foul but short of him pushing rose down to the floor or if rose was shooting, the refs wont let the game be decided by their whistle... there is no way they are calling a non-shooting foul. And it would be the same if it was the other way around

Come on now, are you comparing a sport that averages 5 points and 200+ points?

it was a foul but short of him pushing rose down to the floor or if rose was shooting... there is no way they are calling a non-shooting foul. And it would be the same if it was the other way around

Foul on Butler too, he got away with 3 fouls in the last 2 minutes. That's a problem unless you want fandom.

Come on now, are you comparing a sport that averages 5 points and 200+ points?

i don't really see your point.... so since one sport has less scoring the players should be given more lead way when it comes to penalties?

The rangers player got boarded right before the GW goal the other night.... did he not?

Crush Butler head on the three, no call, come down and get a call, it's just used up...I mean it was a good game but man it's so blatantly ridiculous at this point.

Jimmy got gashed on a 3 pointer and no call, then brushed up against him at the other end and 2 FTs...then double down on his obvious foul on Rose...that whole sequence is garbage.

i don't really see your point.... so since one sport has less scoring the players should be given more lead way when it comes penalties?

You don't see how a call in a basketball game can effect the game like a call in a hockey game?

I don't know where to start if that's true but I think you're smarter than that.

20 fouls per game in soccer, not one probably makes a difference

1 foul in basketball makes a huge difference

It's all about the scoring opportunities provided and success rate...

You don't see how a call in a basketball game can effect the game like a call in a hockey game?

I don't know where to start if that's true but I think you're smarter than that.

You're talking about two very different things. The whole point is officiating at the end of games is different than the rest of the game and there is superstar treatment. The same thing happens in hockey. Thats the bottom line. Really don't feel like arguing. Have a good night

The likelihood of the foul call resulting in a change of score in basketball is much higher than any other sport

PI in football or a PK in soccer are the only other comparable events. They dictate a game.

You two, get a room.

NBA you've been a long time critic of the refs handing games to certain teams at times.

Lebron hit Butler's head on a 3 that would have sealed the game. The game isn't fixed but Lebron should be the best player in the world with that advantage.

Anyway -

Is Wall playing today?

Wall out for the rest of the playoffs.

Too bad the Bulls v Cavs game wasn't within 5-points at the 2 minute mark or we'd get an official 'Last Two Minute' report.

absolutely pathetic how bad houston is... goes to show you how incredibly shitty the mavs interior defense was...

howard is a cancer and an absolute bum...

Saturday... LOVE Pierce & Gortat's props... The Truth loves extra rest and he will light it up... and Gortat plays so much better at home and im expecting plenty of rebounds early with the odd start time...

I guess everything Kobe said about Howard is spot on and really the whole Houston team is a bunch of Muts running down just throwing up three's. It was like first guy down just shoot we're down 12 middle 3rd the games over. It's laughable the way Howard gets pushed around under the basket. Charles said it best he's a good player not a great player and man it shows.

Didn't hear a word about it so I guess Rose called the bank shot. +2.5 with Cleveland O-My. Talk about the fouls all you want when LB missed the bunny I knew there was a problem about to happen. For the record he didn't get fouled on that play just a spin off.

[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - SAT 5/9[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sat 5/9[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]721[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.636[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 199 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"]Props
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]02:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]722[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.420[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 199 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Sat 5/9[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]723[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.512[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 196.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"]Props
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]724[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.750[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 196.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - SUN 5/10[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sun 5/10[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]725[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1.5 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.813[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 194.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]12:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]726[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.110[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 194.5 1.934[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Sun 5/10[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]727[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+7.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.850[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 217 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]728[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-7.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.307[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 217 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Keep giving josh smith minutes McHale u bum
Smith in 3 possessions missed a bunny and had two turnovers when it was a 5 pt game in the 3rd which led to 7 straight clipper pts.
Hate that fuck

You two, get a room.

NBA you've been a long time critic of the refs handing games to certain teams at times.

Excuse me?

No I have not.

My stance on NBA refs has been they all have their own tendencies. The NBA is not an easy sport to officiate. Some refs like attention (Joe Crawford) while others like to get the crowd riled up... (Tony Brothers) and some are just plain incompetent (Violet Palmer). They hold grudges against certain teams/players whether it is intentional or subconsciously.. its there. Some refs allow more illegal screens, some allow more hand checking, etc etc. There is so much more to officiating than just watching one play. Its about consistency and how the entire game has been officiated.

You cannot just look at one play and say it should clearly be a foul. The superstar treatment is there in every single sport in one way or another. They are the major sources of revenue and the leagues don't want to put them in bad spots now. I did not and have not watched any of last nights game before the 40 second mark of the last quarter and I was referring to the last play where Lebron hit the ball out of Rose's hands with 3 seconds left. If the bulls won that game last night because Lebron was called for a non-shooting foul with 3 seconds left it would make him look really bad... thats the way sports is now, like it or not.

If you don't make it an effort to learn their tendencies and how it effects certain teams more than others then its very difficult to justify using them in capping... unless you want to go solely off the ats stats covers provides...

Locked in

Gortat OVER 25 Points + Rebounds + Blocks +150

I absolutely LOVE this play.... at first glance it looks too easy but this would not have hit in games 1 & 2 so it's not that weird of a line... but Gortat is a completely different player at home and he plays with a lot more hustle and swagger. I think he can score 25.... so yeah... and the fact that its +150 is both making me scratch my head and giddy at the same time

Wow! I'm honestly amazed at how Hawks look. I been fading them the whole spring (in good spots), but even I never expected them to look so poorly.
What's going on there?!

I bet them for the series after it was 1-1 for Atlanta -110 wow they look terrible. Yes there are some great games and yes most of the teams there are worthy but they put them in spots with so many days off and it's just different from what's done during the regular season you have to wonder if it takes teams out of their rhythm that they should look this bad. I'm not saying they should win every game but it has to have some effect on them.

Back