NBA Round Two discussion thread

If we're honest, Bron wins that thing every year. Cavs aren't even in the playoffs sans Bron.

so i am reading in this thread that most people think the Cavs win tonight?? I dont see it...

Rose (rested and starting to look healthy), Butler (2nd best player on the floor), Dunleavy, Gasol (rested and playing great), Noah (banged up, rested, does his job)
vs
Irving (tremendous O, no defense), shumpert (Good D, no O), Miller, Bron (best when he wants to), Mozgov (good enough)

Bench = bulls....

This Houston/LAC series has a lot of players to "hack"- Deandre Jordon, Dwight Howard, and Josh Smith. Both coaches probably hate it when it's done to them that maybe they'll not implement it on each other.

Congrats ....
i would still have given to Harden but seemed to turn into a popularity vote...
makes for a great discussion.....
I could've lived with Harden getting it. He had a great season. But I'm happy Curry got it. He had an excellent season leading the Warriors to the best record and he's only going to get better.

If we're honest, Bron wins that thing every year. Cavs aren't even in the playoffs sans Bron.[/QUOT

true but you can't do that and curry next best although if i lived in houston i could make a case for harden....curry gets my vote because he works wicked hard and more in control of his game...imho

so i am reading in this thread that most people think the Cavs win tonight?? I dont see it...

Rose (rested and starting to look healthy), Butler (2nd best player on the floor), Dunleavy, Gasol (rested and playing great), Noah (banged up, rested, does his job)
vs
Irving (tremendous O, no defense), shumpert (Good D, no O), Miller, Bron (best when he wants to), Mozgov (good enough)

Bench = bulls....

The next time a bench matters will be the first. They're there for a reason.

The next time a bench matters will be the first. They're there for a reason.

it does when you go throw multiple bodies/fouls at the other teams best player and give yours a rest without losing ground or gaining ....

so we can stick with the starters, you think cavs are better with this line up?

Rose's defense stinks also and his offense is sputnik.

I assume you are talking about vs the bucks?? coming back from injury...
look at his 2+ days of rest offense , and when MCW wasnt covering him... Cavs have no one of his height, length to guard him.... but we shall see..... :shake:

If the Bulls are fouling on purpose, Cavs win by double digits.

Think this goes at least six, especially if the Bulls can grab one in Cleveland before JR Smith gets back. Plus, without Love in there, who's the third option on offense? Thompson? Plus, this will be the first meeting this season where the Bulls will have their full starting five in there.

If Thibodeau decides to slow the pace and turn this into a half court game, think the Cavs and their lacklustre defense get exposed big time.

hugh...this is a very solid point...i have been sitting here thinking that this is going to be easy for the cavs and realize that they are going to miss love where it comes to offense although i think their d gets better without him...thinking about it it kinda reeks of durant/westy winning on their own

look at his 2+ days of rest offense , and when MCW wasnt covering him... Cavs have no one of his height, length to guard him.... but we shall see..... :shake:

Kyrie is gonna run him off the court but in saying that I give the Bulls more than a fighter's chance of winning the series if they can get past the refs.

Kyrie is gonna run him off the court but in saying that I give the Bulls more than a fighter's chance of winning the series if they can get past the refs.

Bulls win in 6... possibly 5...

let kyrie run over him.....

i missed your refs comment.... is that the conspiracy tonight? they like the bulls?

Lol a bench doesn't matter. Spurs would have lost 4-1 without their bench.

It's overstated all you hear/ heard was how the clips bench would be their undoing against Spurs

Solid 7-8 man rotation is all you need no one gets in foul trouble ( especially star players)there are a trillion stoppages

It's overstated all you hear/ heard was how the clips bench would be their undoing against Spurs

Solid 7-8 man rotation is all you need no one gets in foul trouble ( especially star players)there are a trillion stoppages

2 starters out tonight,, will see if the bench matters...

Bulls win in 6... possibly 5...

Stern has already set in play for the Cavs to win a 'ship which started when LeBron first defected to South Beach, shit is now full circle. His ghost will have a say in these playoffs one way or another and it will be to benefit Cleveland.

most all championship teams run 7-8 guys out there and win with those 7-8....the rest sit on the bench....league too watered down with teams to find that much talent....although gsw is pretty deep this year

Stern has already set in play for the Cavs to win a 'ship which started when LeBron first defected to South Beach, shit is now full circle. His ghost will have a say in these playoffs one way or another and it will be to benefit Cleveland.

so which side of the conspiracy is tonights game?

:shake:
I must have missed this earlier from you...

not misrepresenting anything, i believe i stopped using "units" a long while back when it comes to what i have won or lost for the day and ytd. (easier for me on here).... if that bothers people or a person, so be it.... only 1 person seems to be bothered by it (and now you)...i started my own thread at the beginning of the playoffs, never discussed units in this thread... i called someone out when they said they had 3 different plays on a game with 4 minutes to go vs posting before the game starts (which i always do).... and just for the record there has only been 1 person all nba season to be bothered by how i do things....
and kinda of backwards way of not starting anything but saying it makes "zero sense" and "clearly misrepresents" what exactly are you doing then?
i do not track your records and you seem an ok guy, guy you do not see a point in Larry's statement?

i do not track your records and you seem an ok guy, guy you do not see a point in Larry's statement?

I put a handshake in their to his point...

i also didnt like like the backhanded comments.....

do find it interesting that the only folks who have commented have only been in the nba forum a handful of times this year.... Only when there is a disagreement/argument....smh

Refs just stole 2 points from Rose. Terrible.

2 refs called goal tending. It was goal tending.

Such a joke.

Only thing worse is the classless Cavs announcer. This game sounds like an And-1 mix tape.

I must have missed this earlier from you...

not misrepresenting anything, i believe i stopped using "units" a long while back when it comes to what i have won or lost for the day and ytd. (easier for me on here).... if that bothers people or a person, so be it.... only 1 person seems to be bothered by it (and now you)...i started my own thread at the beginning of the playoffs, never discussed units in this thread... i called someone out when they said they had 3 different plays on a game with 4 minutes to go vs posting before the game starts (which i always do).... and just for the record there has only been 1 person all nba season to be bothered by how i do things....
and kinda of backwards way of not starting anything but saying it makes "zero sense" and "clearly misrepresents" what exactly are you doing then?

I wasn't trying to start anything with you personally...I was simply stating facts about how not counting juice affects your units won by a lot. It doesn't bother me either, again I was just giving the math of the situation. It doesn't make sense to give how many units you're up if that info isn't accurate (regardless of what may be easier for you).

I do have a question now though as to what you mean by you stopped using 'units' a long while back....if that's the case, why do you list how many units you're up each day?

It's not that people may be bothered by your record keeping either...the point is that people may be tailing guys on here, and looking and seeing you up 170 units when that very well may be 100 or so units less is something that should be mentioned imo. You seem to have had a nice record this year, and won some units...wouldn't you want your work to be shown in the same terms as everyone else who bets games (and/or tails others) with juice being deducted when you lose wagers?

Last edited by a moderator:

do find it interesting that the only folks who have commented have only been in the nba forum a handful of times this year.... Only when there is a disagreement/argument....smh

They weren't backhanded comments...they were factual comments. It had, and has, NOTHING to do with you personally.

I'm also not sure what it matters how many times someone has been in a particular forum (you like to say that a lot about people who don't and haven't posted in the NBA forum, as if somehow the guys who post in here every day know more about the NBA simply because they post in the forum), especially when my entire point had nothing to do with the NBA, or even basketball analysis. It was, again, simply about math and numbers. Even if it were about the NBA, or a particular team, someone can read the forum every single day and not post anything, without that making their opinions less valid.

I also asked you about this a couple of weeks ago (how you calculated your juice), and you gave me an answer. You even replied in your post that I could simply deduct 10% if it bothered me (which it didn't, and I was simply asking a question) I then understood your method of posting and didn't say anything about it by replying to your post...because it doesn't bother me. If it did bother me, I would have responded like I did today, showing that simply taking 10% off of the total units doesn't make sense and isn't accurate. And I didn't post today because it bothers me, I posted to show you what he meant and that he has a valid point.

All about rest for Rose. This is a great point. Bulls 3-0 ATS and play great w/ Rose on 2+ days rest in the playoffs.

A great sign for him in the near future.

:shake:all good

and it is a gambling site first, hence record keeping....regardless of forum

GL the rest of the way

I personally am a little confused by the lack of more of a line movement with the Rox. Unless the original -6 assumed he was never going to play.

Regardless, I'll pay to see Rivers play 30 minutes in ANY game and his team come within double digits.

Rollin with 1st quarter over 53.5 and a prop bet of Over 20 3 pointers made..clips rockets should be some fireworks

I personally am a little confused by the lack of more of a line movement with the Rox. Unless the original -6 assumed he was never going to play.

Regardless, I'll pay to see Rivers play 30 minutes in ANY game and his team come within double digits.

Opened at -3 (Betonline)

Opened at -4.5 (Pinny)

Appreciate the info em. I always consider "opens" for conversation speak the line it opens at once it's settled in for the masses.

It's been 6 now for over a day now.

7.5 seems short though, don't you think? I mean, this thread has turned into a joke, but YOU know Austin Rivers, right?

Back