NBA Playoffs...

Rough game one for THJ. He got into early foul trouble and never found a rythym at all. It was also his first playoff start I believe. While it was his 10th playoff game, he has only averaged 11.5 mpg over that span.

Last 10 games: 16.2 ppg in 34 mpg
April: 18.2 ppg in 33 mpg
Vs Washington: 18 ppg in regular season
@ The Phone Booth: 19.5 ppg in regular season.

They need him to come out and put some pressure on tonight. I expect less nerves and if no foul trouble a more aggressive THJ for the Hawks. Gimme 28-32 minutes and we get this. I think he'll have a few spurts. Lets put him down for 18-21 points.

Thanks a lot for the write-up, Bar. Actually, while I'm at it I should thank emkee (again) and raems, and anybody else who takes the time to put some rational thoughts on the screen as far as how to approach betting these games. I don't usually tail people, but it is immensely helpful to be able to read through your thoughts because it gives me a sort of baseline where I can weigh each statement one by one and decide to what extent I agree with that statement or not. Then I have a better feeling for whether or not I agree with an overall betting decision...

Forgot to quote this the other day...

Great advice for all forum-goers.

:shake:

I won't lie, I like the under in Houston again. I want to watch a bit of it first though. I figured 221.5/222 after the first game and here it is going right back up this afternoon.

i have the Houston game as an under play...I just can't bring myself to play it...gl tonight

as for the quote about posting thoughts/writeups...i would love to be able to do that each time i post, but i just don't have the time. it takes out a ton of my day just to look at the games and come up with plays. and my capping is not just based on a few random generalized thoughts. not saying that it is for others, but I can't just summarize in a sentence or two. there is a lot to explain for me in regards to a play.

not saying this as a slight to anyone, its not meant to be. just a explanation/defense for why some folks possibly can't/don't do write-ups. doesn't mean there isn;t work put into the play...

Hardaway Jr Pts o15.5 -115 1.73-1.50 units

Okay,

He just may be a shitty performer in playoffs. The stage may be too bright. 0-3 in 7 minutes, not good.

Shoulda just took Shroeder, he's gonna score all series. oh well.

Klay Thompson Pts o23.5 -125 2.50-2.00 units
Crabbe Cakes Pts o10 -115 2.01-1.75 units

I feel dumb for asking but is crabbe cakes, draymond? Found the Klay prop though!:cheers3:

Okay,

He just may be a shitty performer in playoffs. The stage may be too bright. 0-3 in 7 minutes, not good.

Shoulda just took Shroeder, he's gonna score all series. oh well.
Clearly he read your thread at HT...

:cheers3:

Sorry for the poorly worded rant. This is a playoff prop bet relationship that has been the death of me going back to 2015 now. I keep saying it's my last Klay prop but then I get sucked in like tonight. They could have 5 total players available tonight he wouldn't break 23 points.

I'll be on MEM 1h and game and agree, no rush to go at this number. Can't believe Klay last night, I crashed early in the game and pretty sure he had 8 pts at that point, next thing I knew it was 3 hours later and I was a loser. Pretty glad I didn't endure that, especially those 22 GSW 2nd qtr points to squash the 1h team total.

I got other nicknames for Draymond.

Sorry bout that, I figured spelling his last name right would count.

He wasn't listed with my guy so that's why I asked. and obv I pay zero attention to NBA. GL tonight.

Here is your lesson for the night and I saw it a bit in the 1st game of the Spurs/Grizz series...

In a blowout situation...these guys have no problem scoring points late. The Spurs scored 10 points tonight in the last 90 seconds. It didn't bite me in the ass in the first game but took away a potential middle here(had under 99 2nd half...took over 188.5 live for a 6 point middle)...

You should not be seeing 55 point qtrs in this series period...but that is the most likely time, especially when the Spurs guys get involved.

Last few nights thoughts...

-I think we'll see the Hawks do something at home but all that Hawks love before the series certainly has went the wayside...

-Those props sucked last night. Klay and myself beef, simple as that. Dude had 8 points right away and that was it forever. Crabbe got the shots but with the blowout he didn't get too much run in the 2nd half.

-Speaking of that game, that was the old mental part of betting for me. We saw Portland play their best they could in Oakland in Game 1 and still lose by DD's. I was ready for a multi-unit bet on the the Dubs till the injuries came into play. You simply cannot trust the end of their bench. So, with that out of the way...Klay prop comes into play...yada yada...I was pissed off enough that a STRONG 2nd half line told the story and I laid off...left so much out there in that game.

-Game 3 at Rose Garden/MODA whatever it is will be for the series bet. They will respond early, just need the Dubs to keep being the best defensive team there is and they will get the W.

-I knew the Raptors were nothing to fear in the playoffs but this is crazy. I had a tough time backing the Bucks tonight, so young they are. But, I knew that would be a great HCA and it was. Nothing more, nothing less. Great to see for them.

-Epic Cavs comeback. I thought 25 was too much, that is why I left things alone(wanted Cavs 2h tt). In this matchup, with Bron/3 point shooting and an inconsistent offense the Pacers possess all in play...it looks like possible in retrospect. That series is obviously more than over.

-Good win for Memphis. What happened to Kawhi after HT? He was so in control and rolling in first half. Z-Bo was great.

-Oh yeah, OKC and Houston. Love Russ but they don't have the horses to win a series. He was as brilliant as I have ever seen him for 3 quarters in playing lead guard yet being aggressive when iy was there for his. I've seen too many 4ths this year where that jumpshot abandons him and you look at final statline as far as shots and gasp. Likewise, Beard was shit till about 2 mins left in 3rd and he started playing. As said before, should be a 5 game series.

And one bold prediction real quick...

There will be EXACTLY ZERO series this year that go to 7 games. I'll put an asterisk on the Utah-Clippers series if Rudy makes it back healthy by Game 4 or 5.

That is for the entire playoffs, not just this round.

Nothing pregame wise tonight.

If I had to pick one play...Utah Jazz...

Loudest playoff venue there is, see if they feed off it.

2h in Chicago...just looking to middle total...would ride totally with under but with low fouls and ft's in 1h that should switch this half quite a bit.

GL the rest of the night.

That JJ Redick total is a full point lower tonight.

CP3 is 1.5 lower but juiced a bit.

Raptors painted into a corner today. You gotta think those two guards finally click in same game... Just saying...

I'll post one up...

Markieff Morris pts O13.5 -125 1.25-1.00

I think his comments kinda got him in that foul trouble the other night. He is a vital cog and as they hit the road the Bullets will need 15-20 a night from him to help balance the scoring somewhat. He wasn't scared of the playoff spotlight the first game so I am not too worried about a road game. Only worries would be total blowout and obviously fouls but I think we can get to this number pretty well. Just a standard size play.

I play the props, I get starts like this.

I lay off like last night, the roll.

Jesus H.

----------------------------------------------------

I might play some Port ML later. This is mainly to offset the series bet a bit. I am 100% confident they don't win both at home. And, if they lose tonight, the series is over. Tonight is the scary game, especially with the injuries and whatnot.

They shouldn't win, they are just a bunch of ballhogs playing against a great defense, but sillier things have happened.

I got to learn, any game that has a higher chance of a blowout(in my head) to lay off prop bets, for both teams. One side will underperform and the other side may not get the proper minutes.

Dennis Shroeder doesn't count, he just obliterates props against this team.

Won't be around much for next few days...

Tomorrow, actually just some good ole sides I like...

Cle, Utah and Hou....

In that order...

Took Blazers ML. I hate it but Mike Brown is deciding factor. That guy is Brutal. I push in total if Blazers win, still can profit off a sweep a lil more than a unit.

Best modern day defense. GSW. Modern, I mean this decade. Simply amazing. I'll still profit on series bet, just not as much. That late flurry was nice though for another middle...I'll take it...Looking forward for tomorrow. My kinda card.

Won't be around much for next few days...

Tomorrow, actually just some good ole sides I like...

Cle, Utah and Hou....

In that order...

Well look what finally worked out..

Added a few lives...finally a break out playoff day...well 2 Sunday's in a row...I do better on my long work days not having a chance to analyze every 20 seconds of the games...:hang:

Still have the series sweep bet going for Dubs and will be hoping they get down a bit early playing them LIVE at some point if we get the right number.

Nothing pregame on the other two...I mean the gift that keeps giving is Lowry unders. If you faded him so far on the main 3 prop options you would be 11-1 I believe and the one loss was a basket with under 20 seconds left in game 2.

Still have the series sweep bet going for Dubs and will be hoping they get down a bit early playing them LIVE at some point if we get the right number.

Well,

The opportunity was never there to play them live after the early blitzing. That is fine though, I was able to make some money on live under(s) and won the series bet.

Absolute statement game. As someone said, they 'shot Curry' back into form. Now the Dubs have 5-7 full days of rest to get ready for the Clippers or Jazz. I am hoping it is the Jazz now, if they are healthy, just to see the contrast in styles. That would be an interesting series to get a handle on from a points/pace standpoint. Your looking at a potential great defensive series, but one that is not ugly.

Kyle Lowry fades should be implemented for years to come. He sucks. Just remember that. You would think Derozan gets aggressive again back in Milwaukee though for what it is worth. That is going to be an interesting game. If it was anyone other than the Raptors I could tell you the script right now for Game 6 and prolly be right 80+% of the time.

Markieff needs to shuuuddddup man. I love trash and this/that but it today's NBA the refs are going to have you under a microscope before a game even starts and foul trouble will occur. It is just going to be a foul-laden series. I think there was 42 fouls with 5 mins left last night. That is gross.

Looking like it could be a 'home team' series perhaps? Or I could see a steal by each team in the next two games. I dunno, this has the potential to be a fun, chippy last 3 games here.

Tonight...

Houston was my prediction in 5 games. I will stick with that even though they are so rough to watch at times. Harden drives me nuts sometimes with his lackadaisical play and the team as a whole just can score so much but also can look like garbage for stretches. OKC needs to implement a Terry Stotts strategy tonight ala Dame Lillard and not sit Westbrook at all, regardless of score. I think the Thunder role players fed off that crowd a lot and that will be a lot tougher tonight.

I'll be looking for an in-game play on Houston at a better number. I'll trade ML's too if we get another one of 'those' starts. Obviously will be looking live at the total all game. Elimination game under (see BC thread) is in play and I have valued that a bit in series at times. We'll see.

Clippers and Jazz... another I want to start watching. Another I will be starting with the total and going from there. I have a few target numbers in mind already though.

We have quite the interesting game down in Tejas tonight with a surging Grizzlies team against the Spurs... Memphis scoring went way up at home after 82 each in the games down in S.A. The Spurs have to stop throwing Manu out there. They are just wasting valuable playoff minutes. That 10.5 is staring everyone in face right now after watching last two games as well. It just feels fishy. This will strictly be an in-game for me betting-wise. If I can take a good position for middle in first half on total I will absolutely. Hopefully I will have some options.

And remember if it is a blowout, those scrubs score late for these teams.

Back