NBA Playoffs Thread

Ca$He

count it
Pretty much took the last few weeks of regular season off, but played 1-2 plays here and there since I was out watching the games.

To start my playoff run:

Blazers -4.5

Just one to start it off. Learned a lot from the Celtics/Bulls series earlier, but the Cavs/Pistons series seem mediocre (as expected).

Portland definitely runs the floor in this one imo. Blazers game 1,2,4 is what I'll be on. Haven't thought much about the other games in this series yet, but I like those 3.

GL guys.:cheers:

NOTE: I will keep my playoff record in this thread and add/subtract winnings/loses by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Thank you BAR. Capped that game totally wrong from my perspective.

I'll stick with the same thread and post today's plays.

0-1 so far.

Utah 1st Q +3.5
Utah +11

GL guys:cheers:

1-3, hope I can keep the ball rolling here.

Tonight:

Cleveland -11
Utah +11
Portland 1st H
? - waiting for local's line, but will be a play for sure. Also lookin to take Houston 2nd H if Port 1st H hits.

GL guys

2-1 yesterday. Didn't play Houston 2nd H yesterday, because Port 1st H didn't hit. I was debating strong whether to play the half or the quarter. Quarter hit, but half didn't. great..

This leaves me with 3-4 so far.

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Will be out all day tomorrow, but will be on these plays.

Orlando -10
Orlando 1st Q - waiting on local's line
Orlando 3rd Q - waiting on local's line
Atlanta -5
Denver -6

All favorites, but Ihope it won't bite me in the ass. I really don't see how NO will stay alive in denver as well. What I like about the Nugs is that they have so many weapons. Billups can shoot the 3 like there's no tomorrow. If JR is cold, they can utilitze the pick a roll. On defense, they'll bring out the birdman that's been monster on blocks. The nuggs shoot particularly well at home. Let alone, JR only gets hot at home and feasts off the crowd's energy. I strongly think Denver takes this in game 5 or 6. I'm guessing NO will take one and it'll be game 3.

Chicago got too comfortable stealing a game from Boston. Positive day so that's good.

2-1 today, makes it 7-9 overall

Starting this early:

Houston -6
Detroit ML +170
Philly ML +140

I believe in taking the home teams for game 3s, because I believe game 3s are the pivotal games of any series. Was on Utah, Dallas, and Chi last night (Utah went unrecorded because I was out and couldn't post) and will be on the home teams for today as well. Note: I really think it's pointless to grab +3.5 for Philly and +4.5 for Detroit, because if they're not going to win, they won't cover the spread.

2-2 the last time i posted on Friday. Played on the weekend, but couldn't post anything. Record is now 9-11 for the playoffs.

Today:

Miami -4.5
Denver ML +115
Denver o194

GL all.

1-2 last night. 10-13 total

For tonight:

No action on the bulls, but I liked them and no action on Orlando since they look like shit.

Dallas +5.5
Houston +6

GL guys

Last edited:
unimpressive game by houston. 2-1 for the night. Thought I was finally able to get out of the gutter and start pulling for a positive record starting from tonight. Overall comes down to 12-14 for the playoffs

3-1 not too bad. Finally on an even note, which brings my total to 15-15.

Let's make it positive today:

Philly -5.5
Boston ML +130
Rockets -5

GL guys

1-2 the last time I posted. 16-17.

For tonight:

Dallas +6.5
Hawks +12

Lovin the hawks tonight, because I believe in rust as a team gets too much rest. The Cavs might not be the same team as the Lakers, but we saw what too much rest can do. Cleveland should win this comfortably (imo by around 6-8 pts), but covering a 12 pt spread is difficult to imagine.

Dallas - as mentioned in BAR's thread, I believe the greatest difference maker in game 1 are TOs and FTA. No team can win with more TOs and 3X less FTAs than the opposing team. I'm confident that Dallas will come out more aggressive and will take better care of the ball this game.

GL guys.

Back