NBA Injuries & Issues for Tuesday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Kyle Korver is returning from a sore pussy tonight.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...eady_to_return_from_groin_injury_tonight.html

Korver, who missed the Sixers' last four games with a strained groin, practiced yesterday for first time since he aggravated the injury during a loss at New Orleans on Nov. 14. The forward said he has full mobility and is ready to play.

"You always want to be out there, especially late-game situations where there's shots or free throws or anything," Korver said. "It's kind of a role that I've had in the past and I enjoy. To not be out there is hard."

Coach Maurice Cheeks said he won't know how many minutes Korver will be available to play until close to game time, but was impressed with his practice performance at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Mo Williams and Desmond Mason have a sprained ankle. He's questionable.

Point guard Mo Williams and forward Desmond Mason missed practice today as the Bucks prepared for Tuesday night's home game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Both starters were sidelined with ankle sprains, Williams on his left ankle and Mason on his right. They suffered injuries in the first quarter of the Bucks' 97-95 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night.

Red anywhere we can find out updated info on Mo and Desmond? What site should I be checking, I like the 6ers+6 and the Under if both are out, do we have to wait until it gets closer to tipoff?

btw, thanks for doing this thread, major asset.

Red anywhere we can find out updated info on Mo and Desmond? What site should I be checking, I like the 6ers+6 and the Under if both are out, do we have to wait until it gets closer to tipoff?

btw, thanks for doing this thread, major asset.

unless you have a local sports radio broadcast or the pre game on FSN, then I don't know where to tell you. Essentially, once news hits, it hits all the fantasy sports sites pretty quick.

you can also try realgm.com - I haven't gone sorting through the forums yet...sometimes those guys have info the newswires don't feel comfortable broadcasting yet.

Practice? We're talking about practice!

Allen Iverson missed practice. but it's not like we're talking about a game.

we're talking about PRACTICE!

Ray Allen rolled his ankle during the Charlotte victory, but it obviously hurt him on that last jumper, and he doesn't seem concerned about missing time, so expect him to play.

Don't expect Tony Allen to play.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1047271

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Tony Allen and Ray Allen both didn’t practice yesterday, and it looks like just the latter will be able to play tonight in Cleveland.

Tony Allen bruised his right thigh in the first half against the Bobcats on Saturday. He’ll likely be sidelined at least one game.

Ray Allen, meanwhile, rolled his right ankle in the win. He didn’t tell anyone about the injury that occurred with 4:24 left, and it was a good thing. He hit the game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer.

His secret, however, got out when the ankle swelled Sunday.

Thanks for the effort Red.

adding some news (Slug and others posted it in the other thread):

Ray Allen, who knocked down the game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to beat the Bobcats, is officially listed as day-to-day after rolling his ankle in the course of Saturday's win in Charlotte. Allen did not practice Monday, telling reporters in Charlotte that it was a "day for treatment and rest."

celtics.com

that sounds more like they're leaning to not playing him. I think he wants to play. I think he'll make the executive decision on that.

...but I've been wrong many times before.

Satyr, no apologies. I appreciate all info that everyone can piece together. If we repeat something, then no big deal.

Consensus among fans at realgm seems to be that Acie Law will be playing.

Seems awfully unlikely to me...

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/hawks/stories/2007/11/24/hawksnot_1125.html

LEFT ANKLE FOR LAW, TOO: Rookie point guard Acie Law IV missed his fifth consecutive game with a sprained left ankle. Law targeted Saturday night's game as his possible return from the injury suffered in the Hawks' Nov. 14 win over Charlotte, but Woodson said that was the rookie's optimism and not the team's medical staff talking. "He wants out there bad," Woodson said of Law. "But it's probably going to be another three games [Saturday's included] before he gets back out there. We're not going to rush him back."

This is a day old....but...

Monday November 26, 2007, 1:49 PM
Rasheed Wallace practiced today, and is expected to play Wednesday against Cleveland. Rip Hamilton was at practice, but did not practice. He's considered questionable. If Hamilton doesn't play, look for Arron Afflalo to get the starting nod.

DENVER -- Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin received some good news Monday when an MRI on his surgically repaired right knee found only a bone bruise.
Martin is listed as doubtful for Tuesday night's game against Indiana and will be day-to-day after that.

Back