NBA "Here on Out"

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
this thread is going to be massive in page numbers and thoughts. right now im tired and need rest. i like this idea tho. dunno if i can sustain it, however. will try.

the first words of wisdom - bet the bulls here on out. we are the 6 seed in east.

night.

:cheers:

they looked a lot loose and fresh against denver, things may have changed in chicago :smiley_acbe:

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>02/23/08
12:20 PM</TD><TD class=title>Injury Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>Clippers G Sam Cassell (13 ppg; wrist) has been downgraded to doubtful for tonight's game against the Lakers, as he "can't even dribble a ball right now."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>02/23/08
11:59 AM</TD><TD class=title>Lineup Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>Heat G Dwyane Wade (25 ppg; knee) has been upgraded to probable and is expected to start tonight against Philadelphia.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

11:56 AM</TD><TD class=title>News Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>New Hornets Bonzi Wells and Mike James were not available Friday because Bobby Jackson did not complete his physical in Houston yet. The deal will not be completed until that happens, so they may not play tonight either.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
11:46 AM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Wizards F Caron Butler (21 ppg; hip) did not play Friday at Cleveland and is questionable for today's game against Charlotte.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

^ have fun with ben wallace.

Scheduling
atlanta is playing their 4th in 5 nights off the AS Break. All part of a 5 game road trip that ends at san an on monday. Is, also a b2b for them off a dog win at GS last night.

charlotte is on a b2b at wash tonight.

denver is on a b2b at milk tonight.

indy and joisey complete their home and home tonight at nets.

clippers on a b2b but stay at home to face the lakeshow.

lakers off 2 days rest and the big national tv win over the suns. play at seattle on sunday on a b2b.

milk returns home to play denver off their game at the palace last night were they didnt fair too well.

nawlins on the b2b off a bad home loss to the rockets.

phila playing their 4th in 5 nights off the AS Break. they also come off a game at orlando last night.

utah returns home off their loss at los angeles (clippers) on Friday.

washington should have won last night at cleveland but Vince McMahon stepped in and said, "no you won't." have charlotte tonight on a b2b.

Gerald Wallace sustained a Grade III concussion when he took a nasty, though inadvertent, elbow from Mikki Moore right in the face on Friday, according to the Charlotte Observer. He was dealing with a slight case of amnesia, though he was sent home from a hospital to rest after having a CT scan. The Grade III concussion is the most serious, so you can count Crash out indefinitely for now until a more specific timeline is set by the Bobs.

Udonis Haslem is expected to return to game action on Saturday, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Haslem has been out with a sprained left ankle. Haslem's return to power forward will move Shawn Marion to his more natural small forward role.

Going with a sort of situational PARLAY :

Nets -4 (backend of Home & Home)

Spurs -7 ( payback)

Heat -2 ( Philly playing 4th in 5 after break while Heat only 2nd game)

Wish me GL!! BOL urself

nah Believe wasnt drunk. however, i gotta start drinking now seeing how that pacers game ended. what a moose. why foul down 9 on the road with 12 seconds left? stupid.

1-1 +1.8 units to start the thread. back on sunday ... fuck you indiana. ugh.

Thats how I feel about Miami and Utah (1st Half) !! Fuck both of them . If miami cant win tonight vs Philly with 4th quarter leads and last possession in regulation how will they ever win again?? Shawn Marion = overrated!

And I guess I didnt give the Bos @ Port ## much thought cause it came out at -6. Now rethinking I still would have guessed about -4.5 so I am unsure of what to do there

this thread is going to be massive in page numbers and thoughts. right now im tired and need rest. i like this idea tho. dunno if i can sustain it, however. will try.

the first words of wisdom - bet the bulls here on out. we are the 6 seed in east.

night.

Brewer i respect your thought as you are a solid capper but i think your homer attitude is making you think one way about the bulls situtation. Wallace wasn't as big of a nuscience as you may think, he is a great defender and he does slow the game down somewhat approx 5-7 possessions a game. He needs strong guard play around him to utilitze his upmost effectivness.

I think the bulls will not be getting a 6 seed. I just do not think they have enough to get it done. They really need to nail there draft picks this year.

How do you justify the bulls getting a 6 seed? Even with wallace gone you are going to get 5-7 more possesions a game, however you are going to truly miss that defensive minded player on the other side of the floor. So i think with his loss it is give and take.

wallace was a cancer. as was griffan.

sometimes its the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that effects a team the most. the UC was rocking on friday.

obviously its pure feel at this point as i have nothing to back it up statwise ... yet.

Whether we agree or not the justification is rather simple IMO...its the East !

Wash , NJN , Philly and Atl - those are the teams in front of Chicago. I dont think Chi really lost anything but there roster is jammed up and it will be interesting to see how the minutes get distributed and if reduce roles put any players in a funk.

It is possible that Wallace was that big of a cancer and his absence alone could be a SIGH of relief for the players....

No matter what any teamd did or didnt do its the same ole story for me. I am more interested in the lines then what is going on behind the scenes...

And I guess I didnt give the Bos @ Port ## much thought cause it came out at -6. Now rethinking I still would have guessed about -4.5 so I am unsure of what to do there

just put together my numbers. and came to port +6. so the line opened a 1/2 pt short imo at -5.5 (LVSC Open). gonna have to take a look around the forums and look at betting percentages to make/form more of an opinion here.

wallace was a cancer. as was griffan.

sometimes its the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that effects a team the most. the UC was rocking on friday.

obviously its pure feel at this point as i have nothing to back it up statwise ... yet.

Marc Steins take on whats going on behind the scenes:

More good news for Bulls fans: The Chicago players aren't exactly geeked about the latest tweaks, according to the early word I'm getting, so don't expect some sort of energized response from them that gets them back in the playoff hunt.

For all Wallace's issues with coaches and management and the 33-year-old's inevitable standing as a fan scapegoat given what has happened to the Bulls this season, Wallace was largely embraced by teammates as a veteran protector they affectionately called "Body."

Larry Hughes' arrival, meanwhile, only heaps more uncertainty onto the futures of Gordon and Thabo Sefolosha, both of whom appear to have suffered on the floor because of all the upheaval in Chicago.

Thomas and Joakim Noah should see an immediate increase in minutes with Wallace gone. Yet that's the only clear-cut positive at first glance … along with the idea, if you still like this core, that Paxson found a way to end the failed Big Ben Experience without surrendering any of his young players.

^ i got the vegas futures on my side it seems tho ... least for a 7th.

Eastern Conference
Tue 2/26 7:00PM (EST)

<TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Boston Celtics </TD><TD>+115 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Detroit Pistons </TD><TD>+225 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cleveland Cavaliers </TD><TD>+700 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Orlando Magic </TD><TD>+700 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Toronto Raptors </TD><TD>+1300 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Washington Wizards </TD><TD>+2000 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chicago Bulls </TD><TD>+2800 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Atlanta Hawks </TD><TD>+4000 </TD></TR><TR><TD>New Jersey Nets </TD><TD>+4000 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Indiana Pacers </TD><TD>+4500 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miami Heat </TD><TD>+8500 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milwaukee Bucks </TD><TD>+8500 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charlotte Bobcats </TD><TD>+10000 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Philadelphia 76ers </TD><TD>+10000 </TD></TR><TR><TD>New York Knicks </TD><TD>+15000 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

if those are the odds, might as well throw 20 bucks on the sixers at +10000...at least theyre gonna make the playoffs

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>02/24/08
12:08 PM</TD><TD class=title>Lineups NBA </TD><TD class=text>New Bulls Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden are expected to come off the bench against the Rockets tonight.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>02/24/08
11:49 AM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Rockets C Yao Ming (hip) has been upgraded to probable for today's game against the Bulls.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

11:40 AM</TD><TD class=title>Lineups NBA </TD><TD class=text>The Cavs are expected to have new acquisitions Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Joe Smith and Delonte West available today against the Grizzlies.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

11:03 AM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Suns G Leandro Barbosa (16.6 ppg) has been cleared to play today against the Pistons after taking 3 stitches above his eye during Friday's game. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10:45 AM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Clippers C Chris Kaman missed Saturday's game with a stiff back and is listed as "very questionable" for Monday's game against the Celtics.

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>02/24/08
10:44 AM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Clippers point guard Sam Cassell (wrist) remains day-to-day and is close to demanding a buyout from the team so he can sign elsewhere.

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>02/24/08
10:41 AM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Cleveland F Anderson Varejao has been upgraded to questionable for today's game, meaning he could return from a severely sprained ankle.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Scheduling
boston plays the front of a b2b at portland today. the backend is the clippers.
chicago plays the front of a b2b at houston. backend is dallas.
dallas plays at minnesota today and have chicago on monday at home.
detroit is at suns today, denver on monday and then utah on wednesday. First game of a west coast road trip for them.
lakers go up to seattle tonight to take on the sonics after taking care of the clippers at home last night.
toronto and new york complete their home and home up in toronto. new york won the first game 100-96 as a 5/6ish dog.

leans at moment
det +pts
det ml
tor -pts
tor ml
port tease
kings tease
sota with pts
sota ml
rockets laying chalk
rockets ml
sonics tease

Some of you guys have truly not watched the Bulls this season. brew is 100% right. And that "rift" in the locker room because of Wallace gone is overblown. They scored over 130 points Friday, with Tyrus and Noah starting, LMAO.

Insanely lucky to make the playoffs? Wow, you don't realize how bad the East is. They are 1.5 back from the 8th spot, LMAO again. Give me a fucking break, with all due respect.

Jeff Van Gundy just laughed at the notion of Wade being the 2nd best 2 guard in the league. I then laughed shortly afterward.

does anybody know a site that charts an individual players points scored in the paint, points on dunks, and points on layups?

similar to that graphic ABC just showed on amare.

grizzlies +11.5 (1)

5.5 pt tease

trailblazers +11.5/kings +13.5 (1)

timeberwolves +8 (2)

^ considering them ml as my line has this game a pk but dunno ...

missed out on some value before the game tipped but still see enough at half to warrant a play.

timberwolves 2h +225 (1/2)

kirk and hughes may form the best defensive backcourt in the nba but i have no idea who on my bulls can match up with yao.

like situation for sonics with the added points.

rockets -3.5/sonics +16 (1)

Tell me bout bro. Yesterday I went 1st H Bucks they get destroyed and win SU. Today I go full game and Portalnd , Orlando and Minny all shit the bed.....I cant catch a damn break....

Just had UNC 2nd H -7.5 fell on 7 and they almost always led by 8+ points in the final 10 minutes...

Ill State -9 they win by 8 but where up 18 with 4 and change left and worse is the roadie had 30 pts at that point....

If I could make the correct decisions and get some close bounces I would be killing it instead of getting vigged out the past few days...

Back