NBA Friday

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
(Record pending on Thursdays Phoenix and Utah plays)

Alright, hopefully we pick up a couple dubya's on Thursday night so lets get started with Friday night.

Portland -4 -110 4 units

First of all, Miami is freaking terrible. I mean, they are disgusting to watch. The bandwagon has busted up as the home arena looks very deserted lately. Yes, Wade is Wade but he is playing through so much right now. At some point we'll see him shut it down for the season. But back to the game. Portland is in the midst of the road trip. They aren't situationally in a bad spot at all. Not really a lookahead imo to Orlando. They should be focused to make this a solid trip after setbacks in Toronto and Boston. I really cannot see this game being close at all. Portland is better in every facet and I think a double-digit win is in order. I see this line flying fast so get aboard. I would play it up to 6 for the inevitable questions that come tomorrow.

Golden State PK -110 2 units

Another west team in the midst of a trip. I see Golden State coming out strong after that collapse at Conseco on Wednesday night. This is the third of 4 games on the trip and they have all been centered in midwest so fatigue should be no factor. Chicago right now is bak into a state of flux. They started playing better for a bit before the Noah incident. Don't get excited about that Miami win. I think the Tarheels could keep in close against Miami(lol). Chicago will get out and run with them. That plays into GSW hands. Chicago can score some points but for a full game GSW knows how to handle it better. Duhon is a good defender but baron is going to eat him alive anyway. I just think GSW outscores them here.

Thats the plays. Elsewhere.

Detroit with revenge at home. Flip gave them Wednesday off. Everyone is fatigued. Also, and I don't agree with this, the bench rotation is being shortened for awhile to integrate Stuckey with the starters more. So, while games are close you'll just see Jarvis, Max and Rodney coming off the bench.

I think the NY roll comes to an end in DC. Washington -8 almost made the cut as a play but I wanted just a little lower to play it.

GL to all, I'll be around for a bit then gonna head out to get some dinner and watch the Lakers-Suns game. Gone all day tomorrow. I'll try and catch anything later tonight question wise.

GL:cheers:

BOL BAR> really like Portland but I'm gonna have to play the line at gametime 2m ugh. GS might come out flat. Although they play well off losses, (their mindset is "if we gotta lose, only 1 in a row"- quoted by a couple players can't remember who, but Baron was one of dem) that loss to Indi was termed the worst/most painful loss of the season. Had GS played today, I think they'd get beat. dunno bout 1 day rest. BOL either way BAR

Miami just got beat by like 30 with Shaq playing his best game of the year.. go figure

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a pk with the GSW/Chicago....played it right away. Like you said BAR I think GSWs 3/4 factors into this.

Depending on what happens tonight, I think the Clippers deserve a look

Minny covers large #s, like its there job

I think either the knicks win outright or they get blown out by 20

I have Portland @ -3.5, I like it, but for some reason I dont think I will find the courage to play it.

Plays for so far will be
Minny 14
GSW pk

Hey B.A.R., heard on Bay Area radio this morning that Nellie doesn't expect Stephen Jack to play for the next couple games. Supposedly has a toe injury...

Hey B.A.R., heard on Bay Area radio this morning that Nellie doesn't expect Stephen Jack to play for the next couple games. Supposedly has a toe injury...
I did factor that chance in...

If he was not at all hurt I woulda expcted GS to be favored

I think the Tarheels could keep in close against Miami

:36_11_6:

I think they can actually beat the Heat.

If Steven Jackson doesn't go like the guy posted earlier, I would lay off. The Warriors are a completely different team w/o him. Don't forget they started off 0-7 w/o him while he served his suspension. I'll try and keep an ear out tomorrow on the status of S. Jackson.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">took the words right out of my mouth cogeman..... got to take GS all day at a pick though???
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i like both ur picks BAR, i also like kings gettin 10 against detroit but i know detroit is your team so i would like to hear your opinion on that....good lookin out on the other website too, that guy was super hatin

i like both ur picks BAR, i also like kings gettin 10 against detroit but i know detroit is your team so i would like to hear your opinion on that....good lookin out on the other website too, that guy was super hatin
Shit happens man...

Covers doesn't care about other offspring sites...but this one gets in their head because wd are the one offspring that actually has been above successful....we had some members spam them without our knowning over a year ago and they got pissed..and its been a war since..whatever...lets just play our games and win money..bottom line:cheers:

I have a strong feeling that Heat ML is one of the best plays tonight. I'm far from being their fan and Miami was my second moneymaker this season (fading them, after Lakers, but I think that Portland starting to get to inflated lines and it should have been +3 for Portland and that Heat will win this one. Portland even this season is poor road team and despite them being with a great record, to go with them on a road, with line against them is always bvery risky play.

Best of luck on the GSW, hope you cash in!

I have a strong feeling that Heat ML is one of the best plays tonight. I'm far from being their fan and Miami was my second moneymaker this season (fading them, after Lakers, but I think that Portland starting to get to inflated lines and it should have been +3 for Portland and that Heat will win this one. Portland even this season is poor road team and despite them being with a great record, to go with them on a road, with line against them is always bvery risky play.

I agree. I have made almost all my NBA money this year fading Miami & New Jersey but this is a very scary game that I cannot bet. I have faded Miami basically every home game where they are laying points but this smells like a huge trap with the hottest team in the NBA (18-3 Last 21) vs the coldest team in the NBA (11 straight losses).

so you are saying portland and chicago are the same team? the bulls were catching 3.5 to miami on wedneday. better find a new way of coming up with lines or you will go broke quick.

I don't think that Portland should get line better than the Bulls. Chicago 8 - 12 on a road and Portland only 6 - 12. The Bulls, before losing Deng in the game against Portland took three lines in a row and showed improvement. Portland is a very poor road team in a road trip of 6 games in the East, coming after the game agaisnt Boston and a day before a game against Orlando. Everything can happen, but I don't think that this is a good spot for Portland.

So you think portland should be 3 pt dogs in miami?

Miami should not be favored at home against anyone in the league, besides the sonics and the t wolves. Those games should be picks. What a disgrace. Dwayne Wade is supposed to be on Kobes level? PUHHHLLLEASE. Kobe would never let a team lose 12 in a row even if he had to score 81. Riley and Shaq should just retire and save face. I don't think Shaq is washed up either, he is far from the problem.

What in gods name. Who releases this line at 4.

I saw it at -3.5 earlier, actually. What do you think it should be?

Would have still covered it. The books gave out a gift on that game. I'm also tired of hearing all of these bullshit inspirational quotes from Miami. We heard it before the Chicago game, we heard it before this one. Give up, go hang out with Smush on South beach :line:

Back