NBA Friday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
I got my ass handed to me in a shiny wrapper on Wednesday, going 0-4 and dropping 25 units. Wow. I never thought I'd be back to red so soon. It's a long season so there are ups and downs but after winning 55 units in the last week I never thought I'd drop 25 on the single night. I know it's too late now but just before LAC-DEN tipoff I actually considered of pulling out, saving at least that one bet. I didn't, we know how it ended.
But they're not the most painful loss, Memphis takes that place hands down.

Anyways, I think I'll be keeping my stakes a bit lower tonight, not a huge fan of this card.

I know the GSW are a popular bet tonight, and I'm not going against the grain for the sake of it, but I honestly feel the Wizards are spreading the rock better and don't seem to be missing Agent Zero just yet. Next week when these guys who are hot right now get cold, they'll miss Hibachi's ability to take over (even though he's the most egoistic player in the league during the game), but not now. And especially not against a team that has played some sub par basketball, and I don't put that much faith in their recent streak as far as being road favs is concerned.

One may argue that the Wizards haven't faced any real teams during their run, but neither have the Warriors really. They are 3-7 in the season, they have Al Harrington bruised, Barnes is out for personal reasons, and even though Haywood is probable as well, I think Washington can beat these guys.
A road game would be another thing here, and I could even talk myself into laying 4 or 5 with the Warriors, but at home, combined with Warriors' road woes, it's a completely different story.

Wizards ML (2.14 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

At first I thought laying two touchdowns (and a hook) with the Suns against LAC would be a good idea but then I figured I should've grabbed -12 so left it alone. This one I like. The Pistons have a rather respectable depth right now, and I still rate them as the strongest team in the East. They're athletic, they have Prince scoring this year, some scrubs who can excel on a given night (Afflalo for example, not impressive as far as numbers are concerned but I like the potential), Flip is playing well, Maxiel, Hayes...the new and improved Sheed (probable for tonight) is better than previous seasons thanks to weight loss, they have the ability to manhandle teams and I think they'll win by DD against Philly. The Sixers don't seem to hang in games well, so far they lost by 9, 5, 2, 21, 15, 19, 15.
The reason might be a rather short rotation and not enough men on the bench who they can rely on. Missing one or two (Korver is out tonight for example) cripples them completely. I think the Stons will use depth and put pressure on their two main men Miller and Iguodala, and note the Pistons has one of the best backcourt defensive units in the NBA).
Expecting a 98-80 type of game.

Pistons (-10) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

good luck guys.:cheers:

Like the Pistons as well tonight, but I'd need to know whether they plan on shaving points before laying DD's with them. Either way I hope they get it done for ya.

GL! Agree with both picks, just don't feel as strong as you to bet on them and to reccomend on them, but both makes sense.
Hope you will recover after Wednesday with a perfect day today!!!

Thanks guys. Good luck everyone. :cheers: :shake:

xpression - nah I don't think people betting on GSW are sheep, maybe I'll be one, who knows. It's just a question of perspective. I can see why someone would back GSW here, but I think Washington steps up for a few more before they start seriously missing GA.

GL tonight. :shake:

Back