NBA FINALS: Spurs vs Heat Game 3 discussion thread

been a pretty high scoring first qtr with 7 minutes to go in it ... oh wait ... it's second qtr

I think should have hung his jersey on the line....that bad boy looks likes a youth schmedium....no more dryer

win or lose the series we need to cut it out comparing this guy to alltime greats already... he may get there but he has a ways to go. gonna need to find a jumpshot .. spurs teaching the league

Don't get how ANYONE can compare Lebron to Jordan.

The guy doesn't even seem interested right now. Does he think he can just turn it on whenever he wants? Maybe. But that's what makes him nothing like Jordan

Don't get how ANYONE can compare Lebron to Jordan.

The guy doesn't even seem interested right now. Does he think he can just turn it on whenever he wants? Maybe. But that's what makes him nothing like Jordan
Ya it isn't close in the desire department

Remember when he hit that game winner against Indy and in the post game he was acting like it was like the end of the first quarter? He's just a little strange IMO

Remember when he hit that game winner against Indy and in the post game he was acting like it was like the end of the first quarter? He's just a little strange IMO
As far as being sold a bill of goods on a guy at an early age and him delivering .. tip of the hat to the guy. I don't think he is a horrible person either ... but you are dead on .. something off .. maybe a product of growing up different than almost any person in the world

Yeah that's the word. Desire...

and competitiveness. Something Jordan AND Kobe have. Don't think Lebron does.

I'm reading the in game and the feeling is that we are watching different games.

Spurs do a very nice job on defense. The extra pass by the Heat hurt them a few times, but nothing you can do about it. They do a great job on LeBron and still usually get to the three point shooter on time - very hard thing to do.

Spurs also play very well on offense. They keep having at least one player near the ball handler, to help in case of a pressure, but on the other hand, keep spacing the floor, by having at least one shooter on the opposite side of the action.

They got tons of great looks tonight, including few that they missed. They should have easily been up 12 - 15 points by now and that's bad for them of course that they are only by 6.

Also all the Mexicans dudes basically calling the Costa Rican a pussy for not just kicking it.....the most enjoyable 10 minutes of soccer I ever saw ha

Yeah fully agree VK. Could very well because of how James has been treated like royalty since his early teen years. Totally different than Jordan and Kobe. Makes complete sense

Yeah that's the word. Desire...

and competitiveness. Something Jordan AND Kobe have. Don't think Lebron does.
if he finds it ... could be even more special than he already is. He HAS to find a jumper though and I am not sure his strength works to his benefit in that regard

Kobe went to the prom with brandy.....he didn't grow up like regular folks either.....so I am not sure you can blame that....although I bet jellybean beat that competitiveness into his kid....

game by end of half will remind me of game 1 .. spurs will dominate the half and be up just 6

Kobe went to the prom with brandy.....he didn't grow up like regular folks either.....so I am not sure you can blame that....although I bet jellybean beat that competitiveness into his kid....
Both of which probably contribute to his personality.

not sure if Jordan grew up with a pop or not.....but I think that could kinda be it maybe....not having a pop makes Lebron soft?

San Antonio is the NE Patriots

Man Green, Leonard

they just get guys and get the best out of them

You can't teach desire or competitiveness. It comes from within. Lebrons entire career has basically been to prove his naysayers wrong.

I don't really think his performance so far in the finals is excusable for any reason. He is acting way too much like a PG. it's really sad given the god given ability he has. Makes Leonard look like a first team all NBA defender

not sure if Jordan grew up with a pop or not.....but I think that could kinda be it maybe....not having a pop makes Lebron soft?

Jordan was all about his father .. similar to Tiger in that way. They have similar personalities I think with Jordan being more of a dick than tiger

Didn't Jordan have to prove himself tremendously in his mid teens? Lebron was basically in the NBA at 15 years old.

Well Jordan held that chip of getting cut as a freshman in hs on his shoulder forever then was a huge dick about it at hof induction

This series is going 7 though. Just constant back and forth. Heat win game 4. Spurs win game 5. Heat win 6. And somehow heat will win game 7 lol

Yep. More Heat roulette - they show up or they don't. Defensively they're uninterested and they win games based on their defensive intensity. That 3rd foul on Chalmers was huge...

I don't know Lebron is behind the scenes but I just don't see him being competitive in everything he does. That mentality is a stark contrast to how Jordan approached the game

I think you are hard pressed to find guys who are nice fellas and killers on the court .. bird, Jordan, wilt, kobe all dicks .. don't get me wrong you have your gentlemen like magic, dr j, .... That's one advantage I think tiger has on most of his competitors ... he just wants it more.

That's the right way to close a half :)

If Spurs will start hitting the open three pointers...

Back