NBA FINALS: Spurs vs Heat Game 3 discussion thread

A spurs in 5 prop could be juicy. All that'll have to happen is win next game then it is OVAHHH in 5

So you won't be on the Heat in Game 4?

Unlikely. You don't recover from beatdowns like that. Spurs got smacked up in Game 2 but their next game was at home, Miami don't have that luxury. SA as veteran as they come, team knows what's up...

I wouldn't put it past the Spurs to close this out at home in 5, Stern permitting of course...

agreed...stern drinks lebronce's jizm with metamucil every night before bedtime...he is the only chance the meat have to win this series.

Unlikely. You don't recover from beatdowns like that. Spurs got smacked up in Game 2 but their next game was at home, Miami don't have that luxury. SA as veteran as they come, team knows what's up...

Yup. Not to mention in an absolute must win spot on a short turnaround

Has any team ever won a Finals series after getting blasted by 30+ in any game ? I doubt it...

Game 4 is hard to figure out. I can't see Spurs losing the title. Took them the moment they swept Memphis. But on the other hand, Green is due for a poor game. He been averaging 18.6 points in this Finals and right now, he is the MVP of the Finals.
He shot 69.5% from three point in this series and he is due for a poor game.

LeBron can't play worse than he did and Heat been zig zaging a lot in the last 10 games.

On the other hand, Duncan, Parker and Manu can step up a lot and they know that they are one home win away from almost sealing the series and the less thing they want is to come to Game 5, with all the pressure to win.

Probably sitting out Game 4, at least before the game, unless we get Heat +5 or Spurs PK type of line...

Spo in the presser basically said his team was unmotivated and didn't show up to play in an NBA Finals game. Says a lot, imo.

Game 4 won't be a blowout either way...

If the series was over tonight, who would you choose if not Green?

He is by far team's best scorer (Parker and Duncan average 13.5 and Green has 18.5 average).

He didn't contribute a lot as far as rebounds and assists go, but can't see at the moment Parker or Duncan getting the edge over him...

My problem with LeBron and Heat - they came and played with such low level of energy - you should see that in the Finals. They weren't agressive, broke down way too easily and just didn't seem to care at all...

My problem with LeBron and Heat - they came and played with such low level of energy - you should see that in the Finals. They weren't agressive, broke down way too easily and just didn't seem to care at all...

It's disgusting and a lot of the reason why they are so hated aside from the fact they are a 'manufactured' champion. That level of arrogance shouldn't exist in pro sports.

There is also the off chance it's all part of the script though. Being Stern's last year in office I wouldn't be surprised...

Miami needs 1 out of the next two in San Antonio...

I don't see how you can say the Heat are done cause the series is 2-1...you might as well go report for ESPN.

If this goes to Miami with Spurs up 3-2 then I think we will see a 4-2 Spurs victory or a Game 7....:confused2:

Miami needs 1 out of the next two in San Antonio...

I don't see how you can say the Heat are done cause the series is 2-1...you might as well go report for ESPN.

If this goes to Miami with Spurs up 3-2 then I think we will see a 4-2 Spurs victory or a Game 7....:confused2:

You don't say. lol

This is where the 2-3-2 format counts against the team lacking HCA.

If you're good enough to have won HCA for the NBA finals, you're good enough at a minimum of 9 times out of 10 to win at least 1 road game out of 3 straight played.

Now, if we had the old 2-2-1-1-1 format, the Spurs would be 1 game away from winning these finals. They grabbed Game 4, they could, if they wanted (as was so often seen to be the case w/the old format) take Game 5 off, let Miami burn itself out keeping the series alive, and then bring the kitchen sink to game 6 @home, and in all likelihood the Finals are over.
But with this format, there's no question of the Spurs taking game 5 off - they will take no home game off - whereas Miami only has to show up for 1 road game: I remember the finals between the Spurs & Pistons awhile back. SAS sucked massive cock in game's 3 & 4 - were never in either game, completely pathetic - yet come Game 5 they were light years different. They saved their energy for that game, whereas while Detroit came hard (the game went to OT) they had still "wasted" energy the 2 previous games, so essentially the Spurs came out on top because they had already won the "energy reserves" battle before Game 5 had even started. It was clear the Spurs saved their energies for 1 game, and made it count. Another example, even when Miami beat Dallas 3 straight at home after being in an 0-2 hole, it wasn't without deeply significant ref help, and even then that help couldn't prevent one game being decided in OT. Detroit beat the Lakers 3 straight way back when because they were simply the far better team. Such a wide a gap existing here between the 2, I don't see (but can only hope I'm wrong, and that this does end in 5).

All Miami is thinking is, we take 1 game in San An, and we back ourselves to win 2 straight at home. If we grab 2 in San An, simply a bonus. This format is no friend of the team lacking HCA, even if they get a split first up. I hate it.

Back