NBA Draft Sleepers

Seabass

Pretty much a regular
Unfortunately the harsh reality of my team being crowned champion is beginning to set in. PJ Brown has no reason to come back and play another season at this point. James Posey is about to get the pay day that he deserved last year, and the Celtics can't afford to be the team to give it to him. Tony allen probably will be back, but the team might try to find a better option at backup PG than Eddie House.

So I'm throwing myself into the NBA Draft, despite the fact that my team won't be picking until most kids have gone to bed. Who do you guys like as potential superstars at the later stages of the draft? Strong role players?

For me, I hope that Courtney Lee from WKU falls to the C's to be Posey's replacement, but I think its real doubtful. I'm not real high on Bill Walker given all the knee trouble. Devon Hardin from Cal? Anyone know anything about Nathan Jawai from Australia? Jason Thompson out of Rider? Ryan Anderson from Cal?

Just hoping to get some draft talk going other than the top guys...

Gary Forbes from UMASS was looking good at the predraft camp and I believe was the MVP. He is looking good as an early to mid round 2nd IMO.

Another player who I like that might sneak into the first round is Ryan Anderson from Cal. He has great size at 6'10" with Dirk Nowitzi type range/great shooter. He is limited athletically, but is an above average rebounder. He might be a defensive liability, due to his lack of great foot speed and strength, but IMO he is like Steve Novak of a couple years ago, but with a better all around skills. Could be a good future 6th man with potential to shoot near 45% from the three pt line.

If I wasn't a UMass fan, I'd probably be real interested in Forbes. Instead, I see a guy who will struggle to be a roleplayer and doesn't quite have the talent to be the star. Apparently in that pre-draft camp he showcased a good shot...never saw that at UMass. He's fearless and loves to drive to the hoop, I'll give him that. I just wonder if his defense, shooting, and general sense of team basketball are developed enough.

biased pick but luc richard outta UCLA. most versatile defender in the draft. downside is that he has zero offensive game and is a tweener. he'll be a great pick up in the second round for a contender that needs a defensive stopper.

mario chalmers from ku is moving up to possibly late lottery, while deandre jordan, javale mcgee, and darrell arthur are falling.

I believe that on Chalmers, guy is tough as nails.

Believe it on McGee too who I think is a bum. I like Arthur though, and considering Jordan is the right size, I guess I semi like him.

Congrats on the title Seabass. It's the guys that you mentioned earlier that got you over he top. Thats why it's essential for your team to get a sleeper who can contribute some next year as well as a quality veteran in Free Agency.

would love chalmers to the celts.. proly wont happen.. would also like tyrone brazelton in the second round.. guy cna ball

A guy I like is Alexis Ajinca from France. He has the longest wing span in history. I think the Sixers will take him at 16 if he's there, but hes rising.

Another guy I like is Courtney Lee from W. Kentucky. He can shoot the ball, and shooting is hard to come by in the NBA. He might go in round 2. Thats a steal.

I hope the Hornets will land Courtney Lee, Bill Walker, CDR or Mario Chalmers

plenty of talent down at the end of the draft

wtf, yea im starting to hear that from friends and saw that on espn too

we better be going after someone if thats the case...

I like both Courtney Lee and Jason Thompson as sleepers.

I also think that Jamont Gordon could be a solid role guy in the NBA. Seems to play with a lot of heart and has a solid all around game.

I like the JJ Hickson as the token "project" that could turn into something.

chalmers going to the suns makes sense to me if phnx holds its current spot in draft

I love DJ White's game. I know he's not as highly rated as some of the other guys mentioned but I think he'll make an impact in the league.

Back