National Championship Discussion: Clemson vs Alabama

I have yet to witness a national championship team thats QB steps back and throws 15-30 yard passes every down----

Those passes wont be available vs Clemson--- Georgia took away those routes and TUA quickly folded---

This man will fold-- I can tell by looking at his face-- He hasnt faced any real competition-- When he does he will show his true worth which isnt that much-- He isnt fast, he isnt really smart, he can throw the ball, but he lacks all other intagibles.

What about entering the national title game down 2 scored last year? Would that qualify as real competition?

Not witnessing passing games like this before is a function of football’s evolution.

This game is reminiscent of 2 key championship matches

Pittsburgh -6 over Arizona super bowl

Oregon -6 over Ohio state.

Reputation and popularity dictated the -6 here. Even though Ohio state and Arizona were the better teams with better offenses.

Alabama -6 vs Clemson -6 hmmmmmmm

Clemson is the better offense I believe. Defenses are a wash. Both good.
But one team is going to play better offensively and the QB will be a big part of that.

Pretty much every American writer agrees with me and tooknthe heisman away from Tua but fraudulent my gave it to Murray when Lawrence was the Heisman trophy winner! Haskins lmaof. He plays like he’s skating on shaky ice before he throw down

What about entering the national title game down 2 scored last year? Would that qualify as real competition?

Not witnessing passing games like this before is a function of football’s evolution.

Okay let’s talk about those passes.

Those passes from Tua were all routine interceptions in the Nfl.
Georgia had that weak db #12 I think he was undersized and could not cover or make a play. All Tua did was throw it deep over a bad db.

He throws balls that will be intercepted 9-10 throws in the nfl

He will try that on Monday and get intercepted multiple times.

People look at those lucky Tua plays and think he’s good.

Vs Georgia that shoujd have been national championship Georgia.

After a sack making it 2nd and 25 in overtime who connects on a 45 yard streak down the sidelines?

Is that a routine td in the nfl?

That’s an interception waiting to happen.

He got lucky Kirby smart put a bum out there on corner who clearly didn’t understand the down and distance.

Bama is a brilliant outfit though. First class outfit.

Will be difficult but at the top it always is.

2 great white sharks going at it.

Bama the great white can they beat Lawrence the great white?

Bama has 3-4 likely first rounders at receiver.

Tua is Tua. He’s doing his job. But he isn’t the player they are making him out to be.

Bama isn’t a quarterback school.

Saban has had a player drafted in the first round at every single position except for 1 position.

Quarterback

Okay let’s talk about those passes.

Those passes from Tua were all routine interceptions in the Nfl.
Georgia had that weak db #12 I think he was undersized and could not cover or make a play. All Tua did was throw it deep over a bad db.

He throws balls that will be intercepted 9-10 throws in the nfl

He will try that on Monday and get intercepted multiple times.

You’re entitled to your opinion but looking off a safety in Cover 3 and dropping it into a bucket is NFL level stuff. This guy is making NFL throws all over the field, if you’re not seeing that it’s because you don’t enjoy the color of his skin or where he happened to be born.

Raems idk why you're taking him seriously lol. He just says provocative and contradictory stuff for attention

It is going to rain Monday night with temps around 50. We are also going to have heavy rain Saturday all day and more on Sunday. Monday during the day is going to be very rainy and might continue through the game. They have had field issues before at Levi’s and I would be surprised if this was any different.

I was leaning under and will stick with that as my plan. Also thinking Clemson will cover with a shot at the SU W.

Best of luck.

You’re entitled to your opinion but looking off a safety in Cover 3 and dropping it into a bucket is NFL level stuff. This guy is making NFL throws all over the field, if you’re not seeing that it’s because you don’t enjoy the color of his skin or where he happened to be born.

I am colour blind but part of capping is to dissect the unexplored angles.

Explain to me how Mariotta and Tua both seem to be chronically injured with their legs? Calves issues?

That’s genetics folks.

You could see in college that Mariotta had chicken legs. His legs were too skinny. Tuas legs don’t look as skinny but he doesent look like a durable lower body guy either.

This has been Mariotta career.

Certain genetic makeup’s cannot play pro football the bodies are not durable enough.

I believe this to be the case.
I’ll take a linebacker from Hawaii or d lineman but not a qb.
Too injury prone .

Guessing they'll tarp the field up til just before kickoff but is drainage an issue there jdogg? Obv it sounds to be sloppy during the game anyway

Weather looks OK for the actual game, 20% chance of rain at kickoff and then dropping...
Living in the Bay Area and seeing how bad this field can get when its dry, I'm not sure. Its supposed to rain tonight through Monday. Not ideal for a bad field.

Living in the Bay Area and seeing how bad this field can get when its dry, I'm not sure. Its supposed to rain tonight through Monday. Not ideal for a bad field.

I also live in the East Bay and I can tell you that they can't really predict anything because of the micro-climates we have here. The "smarties" are calling for heavy rain starting tomorrow morning and basically raining on and off all the way through Thursday. Ticket prices are plummeting and there just isn't much of a high interest locally for this game. They say most of the hotels around Santa Clara are sold out, but.... I think weather/field conditions will be factor throughout.

I've bought 2 tickets for $249 apiece 2nd level at the 10 yard line. Gotta a steal! They were over 1k last week. Other tix in the same section going for double still.
I felt like a sniper. Stayed up through the nights waiting for something to break.

I also live in the East Bay and I can tell you that they can't really predict anything because of the micro-climates we have here. The "smarties" are calling for heavy rain starting tomorrow morning and basically raining on and off all the way through Thursday. Ticket prices are plummeting and there just isn't much of a high interest locally for this game. They say most of the hotels around Santa Clara are sold out, but.... I think weather/field conditions will be factor throughout.
Are you going jdogg?

^^^nah. Was thinking about taking my kid and going, but sitting in 50 degrees and heavy rain, watching two teams I don't give a shit about is just not my thing. The beer and alcohol at my house is cheaper, my view will be better and my body will be warmer.....Jesus, I'm just fucking old!

^^^nah. Was thinking about taking my kid and going, but sitting in 50 degrees and heavy rain, watching two teams I don't give a shit about is just not my thing. The beer and alcohol at my house is cheaper, my view will be better and my body will be warmer.....Jesus, I'm just fucking old!

About how I feel about every game now. Haven't been to a husker game since 2010. I would like to see em kick Paul Chryst's fat ass next year tho.

Are you going jdogg?

A few friends from work and I are thinking about skipping out of work a bit early and heading to South Bay (I work and live in the city). We’re probably going to wait until Monday morning to buy tickets to see if we can hit the jackpot, but at the current price point I’m 99% sure I’ll be making the trip. Too good of a game to pass up. What section you in wise? Would be nice to have a beer with a respected capper!

A few friends from work and I are thinking about skipping out of work a bit early and heading to South Bay (I work and live in the city). We’re probably going to wait until Monday morning to buy tickets to see if we can hit the jackpot, but at the current price point I’m 99% sure I’ll be making the trip. Too good of a game to pass up. What section you in wise? Would be nice to have a beer with a respected capper!
I'm in 210. I talked to a Niner season tix holder. He told me the following in case you're wanting the best view...Personally I like the 200 sections near the goal line better than the 400 section between the 40's. I sit in 209 and 210 and like it. Section 232 is great if you found value. Anything from 209-223 and 232-246 or 108-123 and 131-144

Alabama could've scored 60 only because Oklahoma couldn't stop anyone, Clemson takes away those easy pitch slants and we can have a game

Now that we’ve discussed Noah and his ark, lets get down to business. I like the points as it seems the dog has fared well in this series and it’s always the same team.

You can say a lot about Clemson’s weak schedule and they will have another next year, but they are in the depth ballpark with Alabama and that is why both play in this game annually. I’m a little bored, but the natty is a must watch.

My fear is that Clemson can’t stop Bama as this seems to be the best offensive Saban team yet. The Bama defense may have some questions stopping CU, but if Dabo’s guys can’t get off the field without the scoreboard changing then the +6 isn’t valuable.

I assume public money will be on Bama as will all the parlays and teasers, should i think differently? A +7 sounds really nice and is much easier to get to than in the NFL, but i gotta think there’s plenty of money hoping for it too after it got knocked from 9 (wtf was that number) to the present and i won’t be first to get there unless there’s an avalanche of Bama backers. I almost doubt that will occur after all the success Clemson has had in this game, but i defer to y’all who follow this sport

Now that we’ve discussed Noah and his ark, lets get down to business. I like the points as it seems the dog has fared well in this series and it’s always the same team.

You can say a lot about Clemson’s weak schedule and they will have another next year, but they are in the depth ballpark with Alabama and that is why both play in this game annually. I’m a little bored, but the natty is a must watch.

My fear is that Clemson can’t stop Bama as this seems to be the best offensive Saban team yet. The Bama defense may have some questions stopping CU, but if Dabo’s guys can’t get off the field without the scoreboard changing then the +6 isn’t valuable.

I assume public money will be on Bama as will all the parlays and teasers, should i think differently? A +7 sounds really nice and is much easier to get to than in the NFL, but i gotta think there’s plenty of money hoping for it too after it got knocked from 9 (wtf was that number) to the present and i won’t be first to get there unless there’s an avalanche of Bama backers. I almost doubt that will occur after all the success Clemson has had in this game, but i defer to y’all who follow this sport

Biggest mismatch in whole game is Alabama DL vs Clemson OL. Clemson will have to scheme roll outs and similar or else they will have serious issues moving the ball. They’ve done that well 2 of the last 3 times we’ve played. If Alabama wins that matchup, don’t think Clemson will get enough stops to win

Biggest mismatch in whole game is Alabama DL vs Clemson OL.
That's what y'all say every year, but for the most part we've held our own as well as scheming roll outs and the like. And this year's OL is by far the best we've had under Dabo.

Last edited:
That's what y'all say every year, but for the most part we've held our own as well as scheming roll outs and the like. And this year's OL is by far the best we've had under Dabo.
[/QUOTE]

It wasn’t an issue with Watson for sure. Think Q might be our most disruptive DL we’ve had, should be a fun matchup to watch

Back