My top 3 gameday coaches and my bottom 3 gameday coaches

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Some coaches are better at recruiting and some are better at X's and O's. If a coach is great at either , he can have a nice career at any school. But for the purposes of handicapping , we have already evaluated the talent ( recruiting ) for the most part each week. So then it becomes important to see which coaches get the job done on saturdays. Here are the three coaches that i like to back the most and the three that i like to back the least. should make for interesting debate in any event, and you will find it hard to leave certain guys off of each list, but please try to keep it to just your three worst and three best.

like the most

1. paul johnson
2. Jim Tressel
3. mike riley

like the least

1. bobby bowden
2. dave wannstedt
3. Hal mumme

I like Tressel, I really do, but the guy has lost two NC games in a row. If you cannot get motivated the year after being embarrassed in the biggest game, I don't when you will be motivated.

Urban Meyer is a hell of a coach, and Paul Johnson might be the brightest mind in CFB.

Top 3:

1) Urban Meyer
2) Mike Bellotti
3) Jim Leavitt & Gary Patterson

All these guys have made me lots of money, as well as being excellent coaches.

1. pete carroll
2. pete carroll
3. pete carroll

best in game coach iv'e ever seen....the way this guy makes adjustments is amazing, unless vy is playing.

best:

richt
spurrier
dan hawkins

worst:

stoops (uofa) - does nothing but blow his gasket all fuckin game long. the guy seriously needs some anger management

friedgen - vs, wva this year, the terps were down 24 late in the 4th (bout 5 or 6 minutes left). they score, friedgen goes for one instead of two. so its a 17 point game still. terps proceed to recover the onside kick.

whillingham - i don't like coaches who take a figure-head type approach on the sideline

I am wondering about the Tressel nomination as well. Good coach, yes. But the topic is "Game-Day" coach and he has been "outcoached" on the large stage 2years in a row.

Alright , i understand that Tressel has failed to get it done the last two years in the title game .... but lets face the facts .... he overachieved so much last year and that is WHY they were in the title game. The guy is like 33 - 17 against the spread over the last 50 games. just because two of the 17 are title games , i think you guys are being too rough on him.

the friedgen reference is interesting .. had a long talk about this particular decision with my best friend the night it happened. We kept asking each other why we love friedgen so much. i still like friedgen but that was a terrible decision that night.

agree on carroll and hawkins and richt and spurrier and bellotti and meyer..... patterson not so much.

^lol.....yeaaa, wow....lets put it this way if the college coaches had to take a Wunderlic test the same way the players do, his score would make V. Young look like a fucking genius.

his only redeeming quality is that he has some outstanding recruiters which has raised the talent level leaps and bounds the last few years.

as my man Walt Deptula says "he is just piling up talent in the hopes of backing into a title somewhere down the line." pretty accurate if you ask me

^lol.....yeaaa, wow....lets put it this way if the college coaches had to take a Wunderlic test the same way the players do, his score would make V. Young look like a fucking genius.

his only redeeming quality is that he has some outstanding recruiters which has raised the talent level leaps and bounds the last few years.

as my man Walt Deptula says "he is just piling up talent in the hopes of backing into a title somewhere down the line." pretty accurate if you ask me

it's easy to recruit when you are handing out stacks of cash :smiley_acbe:

on the real though, Dabo does a hell of a job

Shame -err, I mean Shane Montgomery is a huge joke. Ron Prince isn't any good either. Mike Stoops might be the worst of them all though.

Peter Carroll is awesome at halftime. Mark Richt definitely deserves mention as does Jim Grobe.

forgot 3 worst..

1. tommy bowden
2. bobby bowden
3. joepa
3b. charlie weiss

les miles is lucky, but hard to argue against.

Back