Muncie welcomes ESPN to town for the Prime-Timer...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Hey fellas, a little amped for this one. Wish I were back in town to see my alma mater Testicle Tech host the United States Naval Academy.

With the Navy QB not being healthy enough to go, the Cards have a definitive edge there. Take out losing astute head coach Johnson to Georgia Tech in the offseason and I think despite the assistant taking over the reigns, there will be a dropoff as each team battles a I-A foe for the first time.

The Cards were able to wrest away a win in Annapolis last year as special teams carried the way late (blocked field goal). That doesn't mask the fact that the Middies ran for 521 yards and RB White is back (fresh off a 300-plus week against Towson State)... But the Navy defense had little to no success in stopping the Cardinal offense, and this year's version is even more potent. Everyone who is anyone returns, and QB Nate Davis will be flinging it all over the field against the undersized Navy secondary.

This is a total contrast in offensive styles. Navy threw five passes in last week's game; Davis probably will throw more than that on his opening drive tonight as he targets guys like wide receiver Dante Love with the deep ball and tight end Darius Hill across the middle of the field. Towson State completed 29 passes and gained 330 yards through the air against Navy last week, and Ball State's passing game is far stronger.

Muncie Star-Press Ball State beat writer Doug Zaleski, a good friend of mine, thinks the Cards win a shootout, 48-40. I have seen little to think he's going to be wrong. This looks like a high-scoring affair - the Cards have the most talent and are at home, but they are also most likely to make a key mistake against the disciplined Middies.

There should be 20,000 tonight, most clad in Cardinal red. Davis completed 87.5 percent of his passes last week and Navy's pass defense isn't much better than Northeastern's. If the Cards can win on the road, then you'd like to think they can win and cover tonight at home.

Prediction: Ball State 43, Navy 27
The play: Ball State -6.5 for a medium bet.

Good luck!

:cheers:

Rex: Do theses teams from the MAC know how to play "D", the Cards "D" is making Navy look like the best offense in the country. I don't follow this conference much, but last year & 2 wks this year I honestly don't think I have seen defense played worse in the country. Nebraska abused a "D" from the MAC last week. I hope you win your play, but you are gonna have to sweat it out for sure. GL on ur action!

Back