Monday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Come on by and discuss today's card! We're closing in on the trade deadline and the pennant races are starting to heat up!

Jul 29 Mon 2024

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd say the ff under in cle a slam dunk but i don't really like the fact both starters will be making their 3rd start against these teams in the past 20 days, mlb does a fucking horrific job with scheduling! just lazy. that and who knows flaherty might get yanked from this start if tigers are indeed moving him.

rays moved another valuable position player yesterday. they don't play today but the upcoming fish series in tampa has unders written all over it just like the cincy series!

yankees are becoming more interesting again, the addition of jazz adds a little depth to the lineup, at the moment i'd say they only have about 2-3 black holes left near the bottom the order! i still doubt they hit phillies pitching the way they crushed all the junk red sox throw. interested to see the price here, if they make cole a fav i'd be very interested in phillies.

i'd say the ff under in cle a slam dunk but i don't really like the fact both starters will be making their 3rd start against these teams in the past 20 days, mlb does a fucking horrific job with scheduling! just lazy. that and who knows flaherty might get yanked from this start if tigers are indeed moving him.

rays moved another valuable position player yesterday. they don't play today but the upcoming fish series in tampa has unders written all over it just like the cincy series!
Everything I've been reading says Tampa got better and the Cubs didn't really improve anything...which is on par with what Tampa does all the time. Odds for TB to win the East are still pretty short, like +450 or so on average which means oddsmakers like the youth that the Rays have coming in.

it gonna be redic hot for this rangers/cards series in stl, only thing keeping me from really liking the ff under here, still lean that way cause as i mentioned over the weekend the rangers bottom half their lineup is dog shit! i think pallante can prob navigate it but he has been building his good starts off the backs of pretty bad offenses.

it gonna be redic hot for this rangers/cards series in stl, only thing keeping me from really liking the ff under here, still lean that way cause as i mentioned over the weekend the rangers bottom half their lineup is dog shit! i think pallante can prob navigate it but he has been building his good starts off the backs of pretty bad offenses.
Hot and humid means the ball flies in KC, assume it's the same in StL?

Everything I've been reading says Tampa got better and the Cubs didn't really improve anything...which is on par with what Tampa does all the time. Odds for TB to win the East are still pretty short, like +450 or so on average which means oddsmakers like the youth that the Rays have coming in.

i find it hard to believe the kids they replacing arozarena and paredes with will instantly hit better than them. pretty sure those were the 2 best bats in their mediocre lineup.

i find it hard to believe the kids they replacing arozarena and paredes with will instantly hit better than them. pretty sure those were the 2 best bats in their mediocre lineup.
Just a ridiculously low number for them to put out there to win the division then

im sure long term whatever rays did will work out for them, i have little doubt of that, just think in the short they are even weaker offensively..

Just a ridiculously low number for them to put out there to win the division then

i hear ya. they do have a new legit ace developing in front our eyes w Taj looking like a beast! i dont see any way in hell they can pass all the east teams in front of them tho, that price is silly.

Reactions: KJ
i think ya gotta look at seattle and gilbert at that price.. pivetta has moments but seattle offense has gotten a little momentum boost, hitting in fenway a hell a lot easier than seattle, and i trust gilbert to give us 6+ with only a couple runs.

seems like they have finally started pricing braves in a manner i can look at them, yesterday and now today as dogs vs a brewers club who dropped 2 of 3 to fish without yelich in the lineup. not sure how i feel bout a pen game but against milw offense id imagine they can hold it down and really it prob give a team like brewers issues.

i think ya gotta look at seattle and gilbert at that price.. pivetta has moments but seattle offense has gotten a little momentum boost, hitting in fenway a hell a lot easier than seattle, and i trust gilbert to give us 6+ with only a couple runs.
Decent letdown series for Sox to go from Yanks to Seattle as well

Seattle f5, Seattle full game, Gilbert outs all in play for me for that game

Snakes/Royals parlay, more a fade of their opponents than anything

i been burnt so many times over the years laying the -.5 w seattle ff, kinda how i started playing so many their ff unders in seattle cause every freaking time i laid the half run they be tied 0-0 or 1-1 after 5. not really same situation in boston and ya don't really gotta lay the half run here cause they cheap anyways, just saying i still have nightmares bout that shit! not sure i see much reason to play ff opposed to game, id expect gilbert goes deeper than pivetta and i trust seattle pen way more than boston so kinda giving up part their edge since i see them all over the place in this series. i assume gilbert will go 6 or longer but -200 in a hitters park worries me a bit. other than when he faced o's in seattle and didn't get thru 6 i'd say this the next toughest lineup he has faced in some time, i can't lay it.

i do like the way line moving to play seattle fg tho, i'll take all the plus money they want to give us!!

i been burnt so many times over the years laying the -.5 w seattle ff, kinda how i started playing so many their ff unders in seattle cause every freaking time i laid the half run they be tied 0-0 or 1-1 after 5. not really same situation in boston and ya don't really gotta lay the half run here cause they cheap anyways, just saying i still have nightmares bout that shit! not sure i see much reason to play ff opposed to game, id expect gilbert goes deeper than pivetta and i trust seattle pen way more than boston so kinda giving up part their edge since i see them all over the place in this series. i assume gilbert will go 6 or longer but -200 in a hitters park worries me a bit. other than when he faced o's in seattle and didn't get thru 6 i'd say this the next toughest lineup he has faced in some time, i can't lay it.
Will be a parlay piece, possibly with some Olympics shit in multiple wagers

that's another dead over in balty isn't is? think jays games been going over quite regularly lately and those 2 starters on a warm day with a breeze blowing out doesn't scream pitchers duel! gonna be lof of jays pen for sure, can't imagine Francis goes more than 4 innings if everything goes right. back in june both teams roughed these pitchers up.

agree, I'm big on Balt-1 first game (and over), Pirates, Tewins, Royals-1 and Mariners big. Seattle rounding into form to make a post season push and the roster moves have paid off.; there's also a sizeable pitching advantage to Seattle esp in July Gilbert is 1-2 with a 2.7 ERA, and a 1.68 BAA in 5 starts, while Pivetta is 0-2, 4.43 ERA, and .221 BAA in 21 innings (4 starts). He also dominates BOS as he is 0-0, 3.12 in four starts vs Boston. Then Texas F5, Brew Crew, and the Yanks as a solid dog with zona and over. Hoping for another big day continuing from the weekend. GL

agree, I'm big on Balt-1 first game (and over), Pirates, Tewins, Royals-1 and Mariners big. Seattle rounding into form to make a post season push and the roster moves have paid off.; there's also a sizeable pitching advantage to Seattle esp in July Gilbert is 1-2 with a 2.7 ERA, and a 1.68 BAA in 5 starts, while Pivetta is 0-2, 4.43 ERA, and .221 BAA in 21 innings (4 starts). He also dominates BOS as he is 0-0, 3.12 in four starts vs Boston. Then Texas F5, Brew Crew, and the Yanks as a solid dog with zona and over. Hoping for another big day continuing from the weekend. GL

i don't like yankees but little steeper than i was hoping for so don't blame ya. wheeler then nola gonna be lot tougher on yanks bats than the junk throwing sox were. i don't play many unders in philly but ff under might be ok here.

i didn't realize they were playing a double dip in balty, that makes me like over a little less in game 2 just cause i hate getting involved w dh's. still tough not to like it with those cats starting, assuming only reason either is starting is cause of the dh. guess i'll have to wait and see who plays game 2 but it might not matter?

if anything for me it be over but i dunno yet. gl
feel like Christmas again in July with the Boston home plate umpire assignment tonight. As I said before, this man is almost an auto over at this point. Andy "Rainmaker" Fletcher. He has rewarded all of us on his over chain this year. Had this game at 8 runs but now with andy working i added his avg 1.5-2 to get over a little easier and here's why, the man is 17-3 OVER, and a whopping 12.57 runs this year. I've watched his handiwork, pitchers are always mad, hitters get the 50/50 calls 90% of the time. While the pitching isn't the best for a ton of runs, this guy helps offenses find a way to squeeze out an extra few...the pitching situation with pivetta i mentioned in aforementioned post about SEA should also help the over cause. Now watch Gilbert throw a perfect game and Pivetta a complete game 1 hitter💩

Christmas hits twice tonight? Another ump just like Andy above..one of my favorites KC/White Sox Over 9- with Bruce Drekman who like Andy Fletcher above is a cash cow for overs as he's also a whopping 16-3 OVER on over 12 runs with a 2.5 SO/BB ration and 64% strikes. Helping the over is recent form as White sox are 4-1 Over last 5 and KC is 8-3 Over when Marsh starts, and the white sox pitcher Flexen has been slumping lately as he is 0-4, 6.55 in his last six starts. I hit the over now in addition to the royals-1 bet earlier

Thank you Orioles, god forbid they lose a 7 run lead late, looking like another great start to today, cashed F5 easy, the over easy and should get this -1 for the top play barring a total collapse.

Christmas hits twice tonight? Another ump just like Andy above..one of my favorites KC/White Sox Over 9- with Bruce Drekman who like Andy Fletcher above is a cash cow for overs as he's also a whopping 16-3 OVER on over 12 runs with a 2.5 SO/BB ration and 64% strikes. Helping the over is recent form as White sox are 4-1 Over last 5 and KC is 8-3 Over when Marsh starts, and the white sox pitcher Flexen has been slumping lately as he is 0-4, 6.55 in his last six starts. I hit the over now in addition to the royals-1 bet earlier
Thxs

Yankees at +600 has a ton of value. If you can boost with daily stuff you can get this close to 9-1. The all time duo has bats around it and there’s not going to be 5-6 automatic outs.

Love the 3-0 start by my yanks. When they get hot, they get scorching hot. I told my Phillies friend that it doesnt matter who's pitching when the yanks get on a roll. last 14 games. 514 slug. avg almost 6 runs per game. If they can keep this up or close, they will be real tough to beat in post season.

Kinda as thought, Andy fletcher squeezing early, Gilbert not adjusting to Fletch's gracious K zone for hitters. 7-0 Boston.

Last edited:
Holy hell just got back from the store. Seattle blew up in my face hard. WTF?

Actually not sure I want to know, that has to be such a one off I don't want it scrambling my brain for Gilbert's next start

Will absolutely slam him first 5 against the Phillies in Seattle this weekend, the value should be through the roof

Holy hell just got back from the store. Seattle blew up in my face hard. WTF?

Actually not sure I want to know, that has to be such a one off I don't want it scrambling my brain for Gilbert's next start

Balls are flying all over the northeast it seems

Will absolutely slam him first 5 against the Phillies in Seattle this weekend, the value should be through the roof

Won’t fix the offense. And the offense whatever they did vs WSox needs to be thrown out.

If Chaz is gonna go hit like this. It’s over for the AL at least. Just too hard to face those 2 and then have to see competent bats afterward. Team may average 7+ rest of season. Crown them. Got about a quarter million on a Yankee / 9er future parlay lol

Balls are flying all over the northeast it seems
He's usually good about missing the barrel but they all have those days for sure

Northeast and Midwest overs this time of year needs to be a huge consideration. They don't need humidors!

Won’t fix the offense. And the offense whatever they did vs WSox needs to be thrown out.
The Arazarena thing is massive. As in slightly bigger than massive but it's a difference maker once it works out.

There simply won't be big shots in Seattle, that team needs to build itself around 9 guys that can just get on base

They likely have the best top 3 in the rotation at the moment but need to manufacture runs in that cavern

need 1 more run for that KC over too. pushed it at 9 so far. knew fletcher's and drekman's games would be high scoring . As I said above, these 2 guys are basically auto over plays.

And just like that somehow the Royals/Dbacks parlay cashes

Time to get stupid

Back