Monday Discussion Thread

man, i didn't expect o's to get whipped again sunday to get swept in mostly beat down fashion over the weekend, if it wasn't for the huge late comback friday the score of the 3 games woulda been even more lopsided! uncharted territory here as balty just doesn't get swept therefore we havnt seen them have any prolonged losing streaks last 2 years! that is so strange maybe now is the time, they well overdue and clevland certainly not the team anyone not playing well
wants to see right now!

! i had no clue coming into the year they had another ace in the making in Bibee! i knew he was solid but not sure i saw this! his last 6 games 35.2 innings and 51k's to 6 walks!! the only thing i see lacking is he could be a tad more efficient as he doesn't go 6+ innings enough to be a ace but there a lot to like. kinda head scratching his worst games have mostly came vs crappy teams, white sox, a's, and halo's all dumped on him a bit, that is very odd but he still only 25,, think there a pretty strong history of guys who HOF type aces didn't really come into their own until 25-27 so he on a pretty good trajectory with lot of good company. at any right he a lot damn better than this young lefty o's are starting! im not sure how gaurdians slight dogs herd and i love o's as much as anyone, just gotta say there's a clear starting pitcher edge here, cle pen is as good as anyone's sporting a era as a team damn near a run better than the next best pen!!! , and at the moment not sure anyone is hitting better than gaurdians offense?!?!!? hate to say it but wrong team is favored.

man, i didn't expect o's to get whipped again sunday to get swept in mostly beat down fashion over the weekend, if it wasn't for the huge late comback friday the score of the 3 games woulda been even more lopsided! uncharted territory here as balty just doesn't get swept therefore we havnt seen them have any prolonged losing streaks last 2 years! that is so strange maybe now is the time, they well overdue and clevland certainly not the team anyone not playing well
wants to see right now!

! i had no clue coming into the year they had another ace in the making in Bibee! i knew he was solid but not sure i saw this! his last 6 games 35.2 innings and 51k's to 6 walks!! the only thing i see lacking is he could be a tad more efficient as he doesn't go 6+ innings enough to be a ace but there a lot to like. kinda head scratching his worst games have mostly came vs crappy teams, white sox, a's, and halo's all dumped on him a bit, that is very odd but he still only 25,, think there a pretty strong history of guys who HOF type aces didn't really come into their own until 25-27 so he on a pretty good trajectory with lot of good company. at any right he a lot damn better than this young lefty o's are starting! im not sure how gaurdians slight dogs herd and i love o's as much as anyone, just gotta say there's a clear starting pitcher edge here, cle pen is as good as anyone's sporting a era as a team damn near a run better than the next best pen!!! , and at the moment not sure anyone is hitting better than gaurdians offense?!?!!? hate to say it but wrong team is favored.

That Yankee series took a lot out of both teams. Both stunk really over the weekend.

That Yankee series took a lot out of both teams. Both stunk really over the weekend.

that fair but don't think a flight back home to face a really good starting pitcher, best pen, and maybe hottest offense around is the cure. just the fact they havnt been swept therefore havnt had any kind of losing streak the last 2 years is pretty much unheard of, not saying they get swept here but the price and time right to back Bibee and cle i think and so far line is moving more the o's way. they give us anything better than +110 to back tribe and count me in!

we gonna find out little more bout the cardinals this week! they been playing decent ball but mostly against the other below average trash in the league, braves ain't in top form but they still a jump up and actually have a winning record unlike all the scrubs fighting to play .500 ball (cards included). there a few things i like, wynn was the one prospect cards front office was bullish on that appears can actually play! dunno where burelson came from but assuming they just got lucky w him and he raking! lot the guys at top and bottom the order are performing, goldy hitting a bit more, last 7 days his ops .821 which not vintage him but a damn site better than the .700ish he been around the last year! no idea if he sustains it or not? he always been somewhere streaky, they have to have him be above .800 ops cause there no way they can sustain this recent offensive success with 3-4-5 being 2 washed up players and a guy hitting below the mendoza line in between them! it doesn't matter how much production you get in the other spots when the middle the order a black hole!! sounds as if arenado has some injury, short term maybe that better but playing crawford or carpenter there isn't any answer, lol. i just can't buy this team, i mean yea sonny gray a stud but rest the starters are just guys, heisly a freaking stud closer but the rest the pen isn't exactly rolling out a bunch of big time arms. i think this the same mediocre team is was to start the year, they have played fairly well vs other bad teams this month to pull themselves above .500 for the moment but they will fall back below that once they face some good teams, in this world of medeocrity baseball has embraced to keep fan bases with garbage teams still interested i guess cards are a shining example of what every team besides the handful of good teams spending and terrible teams at bottom will look like. not sure that translates to only being +110ish against the braves even if atl isn't playing their best, they still a lot better than cards so -120 awful freaking tempting ain't it? lynn actually has really good numbers vs braves lineup, somehow he has only allowed 1 bomb and 5 extra base hits in over 120 at bats! im gonna assume a great deal of that was years ago cause i dont buy for a minute he can get thru even a weakened braves lineup 2x without damage, forget 3 no chance! fully expect braves to score 5+ tonight. so playing their team total is perfectly fine. i dunno much bout kid pitching for them but it seems he has pretty good stuff, after a few rough starts he seems to have settled in and has went 6 innings his last 2 starts, one against balry who offense is worlds better than cards. the way they hit webb yesterday kinda surprised me but it was mostly just early until he settled in. i suppose they could hit this kid but i wouldn't feel real good bout it, i say this price tag for braves is freaking cheap but if you do think cards offense can keep it going on another miserable hot day then take the braves team total over, i like both but i can't resist getting atl -114 now? cards getting bunch of respect here im not sure they deserve!!

tonight's plays:

cle ml
atl -1.5
atl team total ov 4.5
fish ff tt un 1.5

ragans ov 6.5 k's and 18.5 outs
spencer schwellenbatch ov 4.5 k's
Bibee ov 5.5 k's
steele ov 4.5 k's

pretty big card. don't love playing ov 18.5 outs but plus money and a lefty vs the marlins who the worst lefty hitting team in baseball! most the k props were cheap, steele was -150 but 4.5 felt low, i thought for sure he be 5.5 so ate the -150 there.

guess my concern with the 18.5 out over for ragans is i'm assuming it hot as fuck in kc also, he shouldn't have any problem making mince meat out of fish lineup tho!!

damn i hate fading balty, they so tough, every time you get lead they come up and take it back! it crazy but this could be the AL championship preview, if i'd go get a different closer of course!

Anytime I bet on them or the Phillies I lose

when you bet on o's you lose? that seems almost tough as much they win, lol. i've def had teams like that over the years. college hoops and sometimes football i'll always have a team that like cryptonite to me!

i feel like i bet on and win with o's quite a bit, i don't fade them much, i never have a problem betting against good teams but for most part it doesn't seem like they valued properly at times. i guess i thought they were getting plenty of respect today since i faded them, lol. freaking tribe (i hate the guardians name!) just had a one out triple stranded at 3rd, can't afford that shit!

Bibee just needs to learn to be a bit more efficient with his pitches. like you have good enough stuff you don't screw around and give freaking mcann who most likely their worst hitter a 2 out walk! you challenge his ass and you really shouldn't come close to 3 balls let alone a damn walk!

then of course after walking mcann now you in a 3-2 battle with gunner henderson! even tho he got out of it that sequence probably just cost him a extra inning of work! awesome he punched his ass out tho, just one more to go!

don't help that cle made a error to cost a run and more pitches. last thing ya can do is give this freaking team extra outs or a free run!!

woulda liked a lead by now, not 2 leads that instantly went away! on paper cle has the best pen going, my concern is they pitched a lot yesterday with mckenzie continuing to be a shell of what he looked like he could become at one point.

wtf is matt olson problem this year? he needs to go on a tear like 2nd half last season! he just got 3 average at best fastballs in middle the plate and did nothing with them before striking out on a rare lynn slider! fuck

shit i thought that hit by murphy was gonna leave the yard, braves better get to lynn 2nd time around, baffles me he getting these guys out. there not much to it, he gonna show you a couple different low 90s fastballs and a very rare off speed, freaking sit dead read and when it over the plate give it a ride! how hard is that??

they said on radio this kid povich pitching for o's gets so nervous before start he can't sleep night before and can't keep food down day he pitching!! you would think that can't be good for his performance!

speaking of teams that give ya problems he not a team even tho he might weigh as much as a small team, i gotta admit lance lynn often makes me look dumb when i face him, but then the mfer will get shelled 3 games i don't!! hate this bearded fat mofo! i wasn't happy when cards brought him back, they wouldn't pay him and said he was a instigator didn't go with the cards way when he was a good pitcher, then he get older and chunkier and they take him back after his best years gone? lol.

holy shit, schwellencach was cruising right along till 2 outs in 3rd and he can't get out the inning to save his life!!

wow, this uno just let strike 3 go right by and not move a muscle. fire these pricks and give me robots already!

unreal. coulda got my 5th k but instead with 2 strikes cards do some double steal shit with 1st and 3rd and they let run score before getting the other runner out. gotta be fucking joking, what a horrible stretch that was, kid was cruising right along and wham it all goes to shit with 2 outs. braves need to stop making lynn look like cy young!!

and just like that olson hits into a double play and lynn cruises thru another inning. what the fuck is wrong with olson? or rest this team? lynn ain't that tough to hit!!

well we cashed schwellwnbach k's! sucks braves can't do shit but the punch outs are rolling so far!

don't look now someone figured out how to hit one of lynn 2-3 fastballs he throws over and over! freaking solo shots not gonna get it done but just maybe seeing somebody spit on his below average stuff will inspire them!!

i give up, apparently braves not interested. dunno how they making lynn look so good? if you can't hit 90-93 that he throws 80% the time what can you hit??

there pitchers with better stuff in college ws but braves can't touch this washed up prick who eating ice cream between innings!!

not sure which more annoying, the fact braves can't hit lynn or how damn flukey those 4 runs cards got were??

how dang stupid is braves manager? he uses duvall as pitch runner in 9th and has nobody to bat against heisly when they coming back with 2 on cept some 29 year old minor league scrub with like 3 hits in 50 at bats?? wow, you suck guy. anybody else in that spot, you think a 29 year old garbage minor league lifer is gonna hit one best closers in the fucking game? unreal.

Back