Monday Discussion Thread

too busy losing money on soccer to bet the phillies yesterday at a weird start time. Fuck me

leans:
senzatela: i mean why get off the CHC fade train? Senza is far from a prom queen, but he survives pitching to contact against good teams and CHC as a favorite is hilarious right now. Hendricks has been falling apart lately, think he's had a great season for whomever was chirping me earlier in the year but he's got a bad habit of losing games 2-1

lynn: hard to see the big guy as a dog, not fun to be against Manoah nor that Jays lineup but their bullpen has been struggling and i'd bet CHW wins late if it's tight. Anderson status is a question for CHW

gonzales: been really hot though he's been fortunate with his matchups. OAK bullpen was off limits yesterday as predicted and that's why they lost, not sure about the starter tonight but they've played a ton of games in a row. Probably not enough to back marco

montgomeryj: not sure i'm a Ynoa believer, ATL playing well but so is NYY and Smith is still a BS machine. Montgomery off COVID IL was working slowly from what i remember, but was competitive and he has been very good this season. I guess i'm still a little worried about Chapman and therefore the NYY combination is scary even with everybody back and available. Maybe that's enough to avoid Monty, but if he gets odds then it might be worth a stab since Ynoa is fresh off the IL himself. Didn't love what i saw from him vs MIA, which hides some of his numbers as he was fortunate to get out of some big jams

too busy losing money on soccer to bet the phillies yesterday at a weird start time. Fuck me

leans:
senzatela: i mean why get off the CHC fade train? Senza is far from a prom queen, but he survives pitching to contact against good teams and CHC as a favorite is hilarious right now. Hendricks has been falling apart lately, think he's had a great season for whomever was chirping me earlier in the year but he's got a bad habit of losing games 2-1

lynn: hard to see the big guy as a dog, not fun to be against Manoah nor that Jays lineup but their bullpen has been struggling and i'd bet CHW wins late if it's tight. Anderson status is a question for CHW

gonzales: been really hot though he's been fortunate with his matchups. OAK bullpen was off limits yesterday as predicted and that's why they lost, not sure about the starter tonight but they've played a ton of games in a row. Probably not enough to back marco

montgomeryj: not sure i'm a Ynoa believer, ATL playing well but so is NYY and Smith is still a BS machine. Montgomery off COVID IL was working slowly from what i remember, but was competitive and he has been very good this season. I guess i'm still a little worried about Chapman and therefore the NYY combination is scary even with everybody back and available. Maybe that's enough to avoid Monty, but if he gets odds then it might be worth a stab since Ynoa is fresh off the IL himself. Didn't love what i saw from him vs MIA, which hides some of his numbers as he was fortunate to get out of some big jams
Just a FYI; Manoah went on bereavement list after his last start so I'm guessing the family had some matters going on which MIGHT have been a reason why he was so off. I've said this from the beginning, if he's not locating his slider it's going to be middle-middle and his last strat he did not locate the off speed at all. Then he overthrows the fastball and misses.

The Jays are built through their offense to cover up their sore marks (BP) but when that key goes cold like it has the sores start to slowly appear. Pearson is close to coming up and eating some IP's in the BP as well.

M's Over, Buccos Over, Rockies ML, Slight lean to Manoah, but only if I get even or + money (waiting on the homer call from G)

Just a FYI; Manoah went on bereavement list after his last start so I'm guessing the family had some matters going on which MIGHT have been a reason why he was so off. I've said this from the beginning, if he's not locating his slider it's going to be middle-middle and his last strat he did not locate the off speed at all. Then he overthrows the fastball and misses.

The Jays are built through their offense to cover up their sore marks (BP) but when that key goes cold like it has the sores start to slowly appear. Pearson is close to coming up and eating some IP's in the BP as well.

M's Over, Buccos Over, Rockies ML, Slight lean to Manoah, but only if I get even or + money (waiting on the homer call from G)
homer

Manoah velocity down in his last start that he got blasted according to yahoo fantasy coming after he threw a career high in pitches. Not sure if it was fatigue or whatever bereavement stuff he was dealing with, but that's a scary thing. Rookie not being in the right head space is a concern, bullpen can't be in one besides Romano who has been solid but a little up and down lately too

No Anderson is a really nice thing as the offense has no table setter and the others threats feel a little empty when compared to the Jays power bats

velo looks okay for Manoah. A little trouble locating the slider but he’s getting some swings. Atleast that’s what the gym tv shows me whenever I glance over

velo looks okay for Manoah. A little trouble locating the slider but he’s getting some swings. Atleast that’s what the gym tv shows me whenever I glance over
he was great, CHW gave that one away

Back