Monday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Open roof here is soon to be a thing of the past, enjoy while you can. Sucks the Snakes are in an offensive rut but we may have a week-10 days left of this

Reds over, Rockies over, rangers ff under waiting to see who is going for miami.

Jordan Holloway will start for the Marlins on Monday in Arizona.

Advice: Holloway came up through the minors as a starter, but this will be his first start at the major league level. He did go three innings and throw 61 pitches in his last appearance last week, so manager Don Mattingly expects the righty to be capable of providing 60-75 pitches Monday. Holloway has the stuff to miss bats but often struggles with his control.

so two guys with little control in the desert, ARI badly needs to get back home so they can hit again.

Lost last week against a MIA bullpen game since Weaver was terrible, surely he'll bounce back and beat me again if i bet MIA here but hard not to want to take the odds on the guy with a null ERA. Can't expect more than 4 innings from the rook, lots of decent pros in the ARI lineup but not sure where the big threat is to be scared of when looking at the order.

MIA lineup doesn't have big threats either, but that's what happens when your franchise is pitchers and a couple other guys who swing bats regularly. Fish bullpen should all be available, ARI unlikely to go to Young and maybe Ginkel. No Young would mean only Caleb Smith's wildness from the left side and he blew Gallen's win on Friday, but there's not a lot of good in the ARI pen. Similar things can be said about the fish, but Curtiss was great last year for TB in the playoffs and Yimi Garcia has been awesome, too.

Catching odds is a bit tempting even if it's on the road

so two guys with little control in the desert, ARI badly needs to get back home so they can hit again.

Lost last week against a MIA bullpen game since Weaver was terrible, surely he'll bounce back and beat me again if i bet MIA here but hard not to want to take the odds on the guy with a null ERA. Can't expect more than 4 innings from the rook, lots of decent pros in the ARI lineup but not sure where the big threat is to be scared of when looking at the order.

MIA lineup doesn't have big threats either, but that's what happens when your franchise is pitchers and a couple other guys who swing bats regularly. Fish bullpen should all be available, ARI unlikely to go to Young and maybe Ginkel. No Young would mean only Caleb Smith's wildness from the left side and he blew Gallen's win on Friday, but there's not a lot of good in the ARI pen. Similar things can be said about the fish, but Curtiss was great last year for TB in the playoffs and Yimi Garcia has been awesome, too.

Catching odds is a bit tempting even if it's on the road
roof open tonight?

Back