Monday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Paid extra juice to get the Ff under 3.5 in milw. Normally i prefer going down a half run for the better odds but I hardly ever play u3 so decided it was worth it here. All the average giants starters who totally shut down fish all weekend and now they gotta travel half way cross country with no day off and face that stud Corbin Burnes? Good luck with that, he will make quick work the fish for 6+ innings! Not to be outdone fish throwing one their young studs who isn’t quite getting the respect some the others yet but he every bit as nasty and he does it from the left side, facing a milw team who majority their impact bats are lefties! I could see this being 1-0 or 1-1 and not much more. Without even putting the work in I can say with confidence this the best play on mondays card!!

Davies would be a pure fade of ATL after a disastrous Sunday and really not hitting at all this season so far. I'm trying my best to be a little bit more intelligent and expect responses to poor performances more than i have in my past capping so there's gotta be a focused effort tomorrow from ATL. Maybe that's not a good thing as they'll press more, but they should be pissed and embarrassed and that's when i want to back teams rather than be against them

CHC bullpen still a major question-mark for me, answered a little bit today when they blew up in the top of the 9th and made that game a walkover. Kimbrel has been great, but i'm still worried about him, too. Lineup has hit so far, we'll see if they can keep it going though they're moving to a better hitter's park than Wrigley

The problem is if i had to make a play on this game, it would definitely be CHC as despite all their blemishes ATL looks worse and is a big-time favorite. Morton probably maxes out at 6ip 0r, but the bullpen then has to cover 9 outs and even Smith has looked shaky. Minter, shaky, Matzek i haven't seen since he walked everybody in the Bronx.

I guess if you're gonna play then you gotta get a competitive effort from Davies and that's hard to expect (even if a near auto-fade like MadBum no hit them today)

Rogers is going to be incredible, banky's got a jersey en route to his old lady's crib probably, but he's still young and inconsistency is what happens with those guys. Burnes is awesome, seems for real as he's just building on a huge 2020 if not longer track record than that. Behind him the bullpen is great and the weak lineup is only trumped by a weaker MIA lineup. MIA bullpen problems also matter, feel like this win hinges on Rogers outpitching Burnes with enough room for that bullpen to hang on when he's probably going 5-6 and you cede last AB to MIL after flying from SF. Don't know if that can be done

Rogers is going to be incredible, banky's got a jersey en route to his old lady's crib probably, but he's still young and inconsistency is what happens with those guys. Burnes is awesome, seems for real as he's just building on a huge 2020 if not longer track record than that. Behind him the bullpen is great and the weak lineup is only trumped by a weaker MIA lineup. MIA bullpen problems also matter, feel like this win hinges on Rogers outpitching Burnes with enough room for that bullpen to hang on when he's probably going 5-6 and you cede last AB to MIL after flying from SF. Don't know if that can be done

why do we care about the win tho? Ff under is where it at in this game. Terrible hitting spot for my fish leaving San Fran to go to milw and face Burnes!! No need to worry bout the pen either. 1st 5 under all day in this one as I don’t expect beers to do much of anything vs Rogers either., I didn’t even notice what line was? Im assuming had I looked I might have been tempted by fish but I didn’t cause the FF under had me so excited!! Mia pen problems dont matter for this bet, their hitting problems good for this bet!! I don’t see Rogers having consistency issues vs this milw lineup for a few times around at least, he outta be very tough on them. I’d be shocked if fish even scored a run off Burnes thru 5 unless they happen to run into one, love Rogers chances to keep milw to less than 3 thru 5. Think it a pretty high percentage bet, don’t think I have any interest on the side.

I also played the Ff u3.5 in Cleveland. As I said I wasn’t prepared for the lines to be out cause it been pretty rare for them to have mlb overnights. So I was going in blind but knew I was gonna like that fish Ff under when I capped it. This one I just hoped things lined up. I know twins have been struggling to score against pirates all weekend, I’m aware plesac off few disappointing starts so think a game with struggling twins bats and wind blowing in at his pitcher friendly park should be just what dr ordered. Berrios has owned tribe lineup so this just screamed a good time to get back on the tribe Ff unders after they took a huge hit in the yanks series.

Last edited:
Think I would have loved to get wheeler as a dog vs cards but doesn’t appear line is going that way.

Im guessing it gonna be too pricey to Back Stros but this series kinda screams to me they continue pulling themselves back into contention for the west. They still missing Altuve but all the other guys back from Rona list are raking now, Correa has taken to the leadoff roll, bregman and Alvarez had pretty good series vs laa. Gotta believe they take 3 of 4, minimum against Seattle here as this isn’t the team sea took 2 of 3 against last week! Just gonna have to try and get creative to avoid what I’m sure big huge lines!

I don’t like Rich hill but think this prob a good spot to fade A’s now that their win streak got snapped!!

That bout it for my initial thoughts. My eyes super hard to stay open at the moment. Found me some bars last night so slept like baby, debating more sleep or making coffee!! Lol.

Do Braves continue to not hit or do they take their frustrations out on Davies who been known to be a gas can at times!! ?? Pretty big leap of faith to lay that price on atl after yesterday’s pathetic display!! Really comes down to can Morton put a WS up against scrubbies?

Brewers have actually hit lefty pitching better than I thought. I still think Rogers a different animal and again assuming fish get nothing off Burnes thru 5 I love Rogers chances of holding them to 3 or less. Burnes could get a solo shot ran into at milw which would mean Rogers can only give up 2 thru 5 that still seems doable.

anyone know if the roof be closed in milw? I gotta admit of it open with wind blowing out I like this a lot less!! Please be closed!! Lol

Do Braves continue to not hit or do they take their frustrations out on Davies who been known to be a gas can at times!! ?? Pretty big leap of faith to lay that price on atl after yesterday’s pathetic display!! Really comes down to can Morton put a WS up against scrubbies?
Offense is a disease....like syphilis

I'd never bet on bats randomly getting hot, they will at one point but I wouldn't bet on it. Can't imagine those guys slept well last night.

Waino on the bump for Bank's 2nd favorite team, will use that curveball to get groundballs until Shildt waddles to the mound to take him out.

Haven't loved Wheeler's fastball command and he does not seem like the dominant force he was last season and towards the end of 2019 IIRC. He still has a great arm and has learned how to pitch, but i'm not sure i believe that retooled bullpen is all of a sudden as trustworthy as the numbers suggest. Everyone probably has heard me say that I don't like the PHI lineup, though Harper has started the year off well. Neris got a much-needed day off yesterday, Alvarado is from the TB hereditary line of relief kings so i also trust him, but who else?

Speaking of bullpens, StL can not throw a strike. It's gotta be terrifying to back them as they've blown one wager and nearly blew another bet for me on Friday then walked everybody yesterday, too. Big arms that can't throw strikes I guess, no wonder banky has a Miami tattoo covering up his StL tribal armband now

why do we care about the win tho? Ff under is where it at in this game. Terrible hitting spot for my fish leaving San Fran to go to milw and face Burnes!! No need to worry bout the pen either. 1st 5 under all day in this one as I don’t expect beers to do much of anything vs Rogers either., I didn’t even notice what line was? Im assuming had I looked I might have been tempted by fish but I didn’t cause the FF under had me so excited!! Mia pen problems dont matter for this bet, their hitting problems good for this bet!! I don’t see Rogers having consistency issues vs this milw lineup for a few times around at least, he outta be very tough on them. I’d be shocked if fish even scored a run off Burnes thru 5 unless they happen to run into one, love Rogers chances to keep milw to less than 3 thru 5. Think it a pretty high percentage bet, don’t think I have any interest on the side.

i bet ML dogs, try to stay away from unders personally as they get raped worse than any bet you can make in life.

1st 5 under is obvious for sure, i just wonder about playing really small ones as this one should be what 3.5? Hitter's park and if either one of them is not dominant then you're gonna have real trouble covering and that's not considering an ill-timed error or something

Rich Hill may be finished, has had some good matchups and TB may be the best pitcher's park in the league and he can't even get throug

he has beaten me lot of times over the years, I’ve got him some but I’d love to bust books upside head fading him going down shitter!! Lol. That said I’ve always thought it was a good idea to fade a team after breaking their long losing streak! Plus A’s throwing a lefty so rays seeing yet another lhp after Jays throwing 3 at a row against them! I I don’t like trop overs but this one makes lot of sense imo,

Braves bullpen definitely nowhere near last year and Morton probably struggles to make it 6.

surely Braves gonna hit Davies right? If he comes in and shuts them down I’d say it time for them to panic in atl!!! Mfers better show some pride today!!

That a huge price on Braves. Certainly not saying I would play them, the over only 8.5 raises some concerns!!

surely Braves gonna hit Davies right? If he comes in and shuts them down I’d say it time for them to panic in atl!!! Mfers better show some pride today!!
Dead serious I urge you to avoid the mindset that pride can will someone to hit...it can last 10+ games when teams go straight funk

Need to have everyone post umps as they become available. Lot of them came out reasonably early yesterday! Made life easier!!

Need to have everyone post umps as they become available. Lot of them came out reasonably early yesterday! Made life easier!!
I do miss the daily ump thread

Noted was how ump Riggs called the high strike all game for Bum, they were strikes but I know a bunch who wouldn't call them that way. Made the difference in his game yesterday.

Nothing compelling whatsoever in this early game

Also when I see gsro's avy, I can't help but think of my good friend Kevin Malone. Scottish as all fuck, lived in Minny for life then moved here for retirement. Had to have half a leg amputated last year but still happy as a clam, probably because he wakes and bakes daily!

Not to mention he's the best one of the 4
I'd disagree with th ebody of work that RYU has completed...dude just needs to lay off the kBBQ and Porkbelly and all that salt andhe won't cramp and pull muscles in the hammy.

I'd disagree with th ebody of work that RYU has completed...dude just needs to lay off the kBBQ and Porkbelly and all that salt andhe won't cramp and pull muscles in the hammy.
I'm a pretty big fan of Manaea so it's not really a knock on kBBQ really lol

I'm a pretty big fan of Manaea so it's not really a knock on kBBQ really lol
oh it's me making fun of Ryu and his eating habits/size...dude was waddling off the mound like he shit his pants in one of his games. But we love kbbq and pork belly and turns out it wasn't an injury more a cramp in his hammy according to some reports coming out and he won't be missing any time. aka gotta body shame him like the media did with Vladdy to get his attention. Although, i'm wondering if he's like Phil Kessel he does no off season conditioning and can still produce. Maybe the extra food/weight motivates Hyun Jin

Reactions: KJ
kBBQ is awesome, but yeah if they got Vladdy slim why can't they get that literal porker off the pork

oh it's me making fun of Ryu and his eating habits/size...dude was waddling off the mound like he shit his pants in one of his games. But we love kbbq and pork belly and turns out it wasn't an injury more a cramp in his hammy according to some reports coming out and he won't be missing any time. aka gotta body shame him like the media did with Vladdy to get his attention. Although, i'm wondering if he's like Phil Kessel he does no off season conditioning and can still produce. Maybe the extra food/weight motivates Hyun Jin
Remember you asking about Chino Bandito when you were coming out here. Curious if you went and if so what your thoughts. I've still never been but it's only maybe 10 minutes away. Gets great reviews, just not a stand in line person.

Remember you asking about Chino Bandito when you were coming out here. Curious if you went and if so what your thoughts. I've still never been but it's only maybe 10 minutes away. Gets great reviews, just not a stand in line person.
It was good, we had a good experience and I probably never thanked you for that experience. But I also might have been pumped because I was at the Phoenix open for my first PGA outside of Canadian Open so everything was great that weekend haha

It was good, we had a good experience and I probably never thanked you for that experience. But I also might have been pumped because I was at the Phoenix open for my first PGA outside of Canadian Open so everything was great that weekend haha
Well the Open is something you simply can't explain to people, it's an experience best left to...experience. Words won't do justice.

Had buddies from KC out once for a bachelor party, 14 guys and wanted a box on 16 for Saturday. Took 6 months and a bunch of hookup to set it up, and still not free by any means. But what a blast, the gambling on not just closest to the pin but what color shirt would tee off first was phenomenal. Lots of money changing hands, gal in the box next to us had an accounting book for all the wagers she was taking lol

Dead serious I urge you to avoid the mindset that pride can will someone to hit...it can last 10+ games when teams go straight funk

I understand that, they can for sure carry over into a slump for days. Just not sure that will spo
new series umps come out late, sunday umps you'd know friday they rotate one base a day

I meant Friday they came out in a pretty timely fashion, you know I know all the umps once we get the guy calling game 1!!! Give me some credit papi!!!!

Disregard any post that bleed together or don’t make sense!!! I got me a nice drug cocktail working! Just took a crazy little nap, no clue how long it was! Lol

chrome taco’s! Lol. But no, that ain’t it!! Although a addy might have been in the mix to keep me awake!! Lol
Mixing Xanax and Addy I believe is a death cocktail, especially if you chase them with vodka

Don't do that! Too early in the season to Weekend at Bernie's you for a few months round here!

Mixing Xanax and Addy I believe is a death cocktail, especially if you chase them with vodka

Don't do that! Too early in the season to Weekend at Bernie's you for a few months round here!

Na bro. Don’t worry I’m a professional!!

we always called the addy in morning (speed), zanny at night to sleep, the “hitler diet”!’ And while I disagreed with his politics he knew what he was doin having them scientist whip up the stuff to get the most out his days!!! Lol!!!

I don’t generally go for the speedball all at one time with everything but got too far down and had to wake up!! Lol. real speedball is with much stronger things than addy and zans!! (Not that I know anything bout that!! :) )

You guys think kc is built for the long Haul? If they can get decent pitching it sure feels like they every bit as good the other central team. Their biggest weakness is Matheny at manager!!

how does banky remember if he bought his Alcantara jersey yet when he's on them zans

banky usuAlly takes zans responsibly! I mostly use them so I can actually get a good night sleep which so rare for me it wonderful when I do! Im not the type who abuses them, drinks with them, or does all the other ignorant crap his friends do that get themselves in trouble!!!! Sure we have a special occasion now and then, like when I havnt had any for too long I act a bit a fool! Lol. That passes quickly tho then back to using responsibly! Im a very responsible self medicate/er!! I believe in using all drugs for their intended purposes to enhance life not screw it all up!!!!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Back