MLB Regular Season In-Game Thread 2018

How is Wong a major leaguer? Two clutch bats last year one vs mets thats all hes good for

I love wong! Well I like saying that anyways, I still like him tho. I think matheny screwed him up a lot always benching him anytime he had a bad game. Still think he has the potential and he is prob one of best 2nd baseman in the league I think.

I am taking some terrible freaking losses today. Oakland has 2 stinking hits and gonna beat me!!!! Lost that game 1 FF over with bout 20 stranded runners and winning run being thrown out at home to end 5th!! Kershaw can’t hold a lead mostly thanks to shoddy defense., the hits just keep on coming! Lol

I am taking some terrible freaking losses today. Oakland has 2 stinking hits and gonna beat me!!!! Lost that game 1 FF over with bout 20 stranded runners and winning run being thrown out at home to end 5th!! Kershaw can’t hold a lead mostly thanks to shoddy defense., the hits just keep on coming! Lol

Just look at it like carpenter‘s season. Low babip despite high hard contact and exit velocity today. Tomorrow your payoff will come

Brewers one game winning streak is over. The only good I can take from the game is that Suter is hurt so they may be forced to actually replace him and his 84 mph fastball with Woodruff who throws 95 and has real upside.

The thing that bothers me most about this team is that they continue to go with veteran stiffs like Suter and Miley over Woodruff and especially Burnes who is a future ace.

The Brewers and Cardinals not only have no chance of winning the division but they will both probably be behind the Pirates soon.

Brewers one game winning streak is over. The only good I can take from the game is that Suter is hurt so they may be forced to actually replace him and his 84 mph fastball with Woodruff who throws 95 and has real upside.

The thing that bothers me most about this team is that they continue to go with veteran stiffs like Suter and Miley over Woodruff and especially Burnes who is a future ace.

Sounds like Matheny choosing his washed-up buddy Waino over Flaherty lols

Sounds like Matheny choosing his washed-up buddy Waino over Flaherty lols

It's a common thing for coaches and in this case manager going with veterans over rookies but at least Wainwright was once great so you can at least understand why a manager would believe in him. Suter and Miley have never had any major league success so there is no explanation why Counsell and Stearns have any belief in either of them.

Of course Counsell does go out of his way to get Hernan Perez and his way below .300 career OBP in the lineup every night so why not keep throwing guys that should be in AAA over your best prospects.

Unreal how these pricks can’t get a runner home from 3rd w less than 2 outs, can’t hit in general with men on base, then crush solo shots. Between carp and yadi one of them been on base for every dejung ab except once, wouldn’t ya know that time the bases empty is when he hits the HR. Just fuckin unreal.

Awesome at-bat to draw the walk Carp

Man I thought he hit a game tying double, just freaking foul. Of course yadi blows it, can’t really kill him cause he one of only few guys in our lineup I trust to take a good ab with runners on. Let’s face it, our team just sucks and I’m getting tired of it!

Oh sweet just to make sure we have no chance in 9th we bring gas can gregerson in! If I was running this team I would straight up send this whole list to minors, gregerson, holland, Cecil, Lyons. they could refuse and be free agents (except Lyons maybe, dunno bout his situation), but so what? Don’t let door hit ya on the way out I say! Guarantee If we replaced them w Poncedeleon, gomber, gant, and any one of the other youngsters we would win a whole lot more games! Unfortunately our team is more concerned with politics and price tags than winning ball games it appears!

What you mean with politics?
I agree, need to trust youth instead of worthless vets! Can't believe Poncedeleon optioned down! Didn't new manager learn from Matheny's stupidty , sending Flaherty down for Waino?!

What you mean with politics?
I agree, need to trust youth instead of worthless vets! Can't believe Poncedeleon optioned down! Didn't new manager learn from Matheny's stupidty , sending Flaherty down for Waino?!

Politics as in playing the losers with bs contracts over the more deserving rookies.

Really don’t think those are manager calls, starting to get on board w maybe time for Mo to take some heat.. gotta believe these 4 pen gas cans getting run out there is a front office decision, maybe manager is like if you gonna insist on keeping this trash on roster we gonna throw them out there and watch them cost us games!! I mean you can’t have a 5 man pen!! Lol. Brebbia, Mayers, Hicks, Tuey, and I guess Bud our only pen guys worth a fuck, the others are overpaid gas cans!! At end of my rope watching those scrubs cost us games when we have all those youngsters tearing up the pcl.

I do not like the lineup construction Shildt keeps going with. When Martinez is in he should be hitting 3rd not dejung even tho dejung has been hitting ball really hard since asb and think he gonna start depositing more into the stands, still he strikes out far too often to be 3 hole hitter. Ozuna needs to get moved out of 4 hole. Don’t really like yadi second. I would go carp leadoff (cause unfortunately he can’t hit anywhere else, ideally he be 2 or 3 hole), then it be Pham or Martinez in 2-3 spit, either way those be my 2-3 spots, think I’d go yadi in cleanup as I trust him to at least take good abs w runners on, dejung 5th, ozuna 6th or flip that be my 5-6 spots. Fowler 7th, whoever playing 2nd 8th., think that lineup would produce more runs.

You on Seattle huh? I know we kinda disagree on San Fran. I feel like Seattle fading tho. And I like giants to have strong second half, certainly think they will be better on road. A team of vets like them I just don’t expect to be all that much better at home.

M's and RL

Yes I'm counting on SF fading into oblivion sooner rather than later and M's will get the jolt come mid August w/Cano...sounds like he's gonna play 1B and Gordon stays at 2B. Much prefer Leake on the road but always been an underrated pitcher

M's and RL

Yes I'm counting on SF fading into oblivion sooner rather than later and M's will get the jolt come mid August w/Cano...sounds like he's gonna play 1B and Gordon stays at 2B. Much prefer Leake on the road but always been an underrated pitcher

I have mixed feelings on leake from his cards seasons. Lol. . Oh and hate I think we paying bunch of his salary to play for another team!! Lol. I’m
On sf ml and rl, looks like we gonna split, lol.

I was a big Leake fan, saw him at ASU as a freshman and knew he was the deal

Wish he was in the NL, potent bat too

Crazy he never threw a pitch in the minors

Back