MLB Offseason Thread

I can see a package like that for sure...Reds have liked Gardner for two years and Homer's arbitration number is gonna be just under 10 mill this year then you'll need 5/100 to get extend him

Good to see Doc go out without clinging on and pitching as a shadow of his former self

And he shoulda won a world series in 2011 but that prick Cliff Lee blew a fucking 4-0 lead to the cardinals in game 2

that fucking cunt
I don't even remember Doc pitching in the 2011 playoffs.

Only thing I've seen was Skaggs or Cahill for Trumbo, not both and the Angels nixed that idea. Terrible for the dbacks if they would part with both for him.

Only thing I've seen was Skaggs or Cahill for Trumbo, not both and the Angels nixed that idea. Terrible for the dbacks if they would part with both for him.

Yeah I saw where the OC Register's source said there was zero chance of that happening not long after I typed that. Now Law is reporting that trade talks between Angels and D-Backs regarding Trumbo and Skaggs have expanded to a possible 3-way deal that would involve Adam Eaton going to the White Sox and Hector Santiago to the Angels.

Source: Steve Gilbert on twitter

MLB.com's Steve Gilbert reports that, if the Diamondbacks do acquire slugger Mark Trumbo in a trade, they would also receive a pair of good prospects.

The latest rumor involves the Angels, Diamondbacks, and the White Sox involved in a three-way trade. Reportedly, the Diamondbacks would receive Trumbo and two prospects, the Angels would get Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago, and the White Sox would get Adam Eaton. Trumbo, who spent most of his time at first base and DH with the Angels last season, would play in the outfield in Arizona.

Source: Nick Piecoro on Twitter

Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the three-team trade that will send Mark Trumbo to the Diamondbacks is "done."

Finally some action from this week's Winter Meetings. We're still waiting on an official announcement, but Piecoro hears that Trumbo and two players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks while the Angels will receive Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago and Adam Eaton will be sent to the White Sox. The Angels were reluctant to move Trumbo, but he was their best chip to secure some upgrades in the rotation. And they were able to accomplish it here. As for the Diamondbacks, the acquisition of Trumbo should effectively take them out of the market for Shin-Soo Choo.

Team needs:

9tbEFsj.jpg

Balfour fails physical with Baltimore, they reject the deal. Also in O's news Troy Patton tests positive for banned amphetamine. 25 games.

Orioles are making some bonehead moves. Don't understand letting McClouth and Johnson go....

wow, i thought the yankees had the opt, in which case i thought it was a good deal for them. a lot more risk now.

I just heard it on radio and I forget the report they were citing..May not be true.. But the host(John Ireland) said he was talking to buster olyney today and he said the Yankees were going do whatever it took to get him

As a Dodger fan I'm kinda glad they didn't end up paying that kinda money for Tanaka. Including the contract, negotiating money and luxury tax hit this contract is 200 milly. Suddenly kershaw's contract is a bargain.

Time me to sign Arroyo to a one year contract and get Hanleys extension done.

Here's the skinny on each team that was involved, in some way, with Tanaka...

Angels: GM Jerry Dipoto confirmed that while they had interest in Tanaka, they never made a formal offer and were never seriously involved. (MLB.com)
Astros: Their offer exceeded $100 million and Roger Clemens was part of the contingent that met with Tanaka in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. (MLB.com)
Blue Jays: Had interest in Tanaka but there was "no way they could compete" once it became clear it would take seven years to sign him. (National Post)
Cubs: They were the runner-up, but the fact that they are not ready to contend in 2014 hurt their cause. (CSN Chicago)
Dodgers: They drew a financial line and were unwilling to up their offer. "We went as far as we thought we could go," said GM Ned Colletti. (Los Angeles Times)
White Sox: GM Rick Hahn confirmed the team's pursuit of Tanaka but said the money reached a point where they weren't comfortable. (CSN Chicago)

As a Dodger fan I'm kinda glad they didn't end up paying that kinda money for Tanaka. Including the contract, negotiating money and luxury tax hit this contract is 200 milly. Suddenly kershaw's contract is a bargain.

Time me to sign Arroyo to a one year contract and get Hanleys extension done.
kershaws contract was a bargain the day it was signed

Buster Posey put on a solid 10 lbs of pure muscle. He's going to have a huge year if he stays injury free.

Back