MLB Offseason Thread

I like Homer. Price of pitching, I guess. Ubaldo just got, what, 50-mil from Baltimore? Pretty good payday for 3 good months in 3 years. That will be interesting to watch.

I was kind of hoping the market had dried up for Ubaldo and the Tribe could sign him back on a one-year. Think he was comfortable with Francona, and a lot of folks think Callaway (pitching coach) broke him down and "fixed" him. Only takes one buyer though, good luck with this guy, Baltimore.

Don't like that, Jump? Little consistency and Homer's a Cy Young candidate.

Indians and Masterson avoided arbitration with a 1-year deal around 10-mil. Both sides open to continuing to work on a multi-year. This is a guy I'd pay. He's turned into a horse.

Jump, what's the buzz like in cincy with this signing? Seems a tad high...in fact "experts" were suggesting it might be in their interest to get pieces for homer instead of this pay day he received...still on the fence about this signing.

Baltimore close to finalizing a one year deal for Nelson Cruz to DH. $8Mil that includes $750K in incentives.

With this and Ubaldo, I actually like what the birds have done in the offseason. Still think they should have kept McClouth though...

Baltimore close to finalizing a one year deal for Nelson Cruz to DH. $8Mil that includes $750K in incentives.

With this and Ubaldo, I actually like what the birds have done in the offseason. Still think they should have kept McClouth though...

friends in Maryland are very happy with the offseason and why wouldn't they? I'll be getting a cruz t shirt jersey to add to my machado t shirt jersey

I don't see it with Balty. Still no pitching. Cruz should be solid, but I'm nto huge on Ubaldo...his numbers last year were greatly inflated due to his 2nd half inw hich he seemed to be facing hte Astros or White Sox every week.

other than that hes been very inconsistent over the past few years. we'll see but i dont love it

I don't see it with Balty. Still no pitching. Cruz should be solid, but I'm nto huge on Ubaldo...his numbers last year were greatly inflated due to his 2nd half inw hich he seemed to be facing hte Astros or White Sox every week.

other than that hes been very inconsistent over the past few years. we'll see but i dont love it

ballpark in Maryland won't help if he can't keep his splitter down or use his cut effectively..the ball does fly well in maryland

Ubie is also fragile in the head. Think Francona and Callaway earned their money last season screwing his head back on straight. He was a fucking mess in 2012, literally and statistically the worst SP in the game that season. I don't think a change of scenery and the pressure of pitching up to a big contract will do that guy any favors.

Ubie is also fragile in the head. Think Francona and Callaway earned their money last season screwing his head back on straight. He was a fucking mess in 2012, literally and statistically the worst SP in the game that season. I don't think a change of scenery and the pressure of pitching up to a big contract will do that guy any favors.

2013 ricky romero is taking a run at that record of Ubaldo's 2012

Back