MLB In-Game Thread

look at snakes jumping on strider. i thought i was on way more drugs than normal when i noticed braves were -300, how does that line make any damn sense? there no way braves beat snakes at that kinda clip to justify it!! i get strider is nasty but he ain't close to unbeatable, he ain't even close to top 10-15 in my lifetime, he rarely efficient, so he punches a lot of guys out, if they price him like that all year against good teams i'll be against braves a lot!!

i fucked uo being greedy with reds-1.5, they have blown bunch of scoring chances, i shoulda just laid the small juice, i have no doubt mets will find way to lose a close game but with cincy at home this has 1 run walk off written all over it. maybe i get lucky and they hit a 2 run bomb to walk off, probably not.

quintana walks 4, gives up 5 hits in 5 innings throwing 100 pitches and only run reds score a solo shot. last 2 innings they got 1st couple on no outs and they don't ever move off 1st and 2nd, mfers don't know how to play baseball anymore, 2 on no outs and the next 3 guys want to hit a 3 run bomb instead of choking up, moving guys over, and manufacturing some runs. shit sucks

It's really hard to actually ingame baseball once the free extra innings goes away, it's hard to watch even when it's free. Now it's just reacting to a scoreboard app updating.

Think daily convo should be in the daily discussion threads, I don't know anyone watching all of these games to actually hold a pitch to pitch discussion

Strider MRI on elbow today. No bueno.

hmmm, muts always get to him and he fine, i figured it was just a good job by snakes, i dont think of strider as so incredible if a team gets to him he gotta be hurt! wonder if it something or just bruised ego? lol. was his velo down or he throw a pitch and have to leave? wasn't anything like that was it? don't mean he ain't hurt but i also think it possible he gotta tell himself something was bothering him that why they knocked him around, lol. even tho i hate braves i hope it the latter, we have already lost enough good starters around the league this year.

Is pitch clock causing more pitcher injuries?

are injuries significantly up? feel like most years we lose a handful of guys early in season. think it just the way it is with velo and spin rates being all the rage, back in the day i felt like lot the best guys wernt giving max effort on every pitch like these cats throwing 99-100 trying to miss every bat.

Maddux was pitching like what? 80’s and still dominating back then. Kinda remember his pitch counts are like in the 80-90’s too and he’d be pitching complete games and stuff like that……

That completely correlates with how parenting has changed. When kids at my age were growing up, only pitches being coached were fastball and changeup. Also travelling teams were the exception, not the norm. Seems as parents who are likely my age and younger got so heavily invested in their kids having success in baseball that they threw the conventional wisdom out the window and just said fuck it, we'll deal with that later.

There is zero reason high schoolers, even college pitchers, should be having TJ surgery at a clip like this. Obsessed parents are so logically poor for actual youth development.

That completely correlates with how parenting has changed. When kids at my age were growing up, only pitches being coached were fastball and changeup. Also travelling teams were the exception, not the norm. Seems as parents who are likely my age and younger got so heavily invested in their kids having success in baseball that they threw the conventional wisdom out the window and just said fuck it, we'll deal with that later.

There is zero reason high schoolers, even college pitchers, should be having TJ surgery at a clip like this. Obsessed parents are so logically poor for actual youth development.

Your arm is designed to throw a ball overhand. It just puts so much stress on your elbow and shoulder. Also back then you didn't throw 12 months a year now like kids do now.

We are obsessed with the jug gun and spin rate now to try these kids a college scholarship.

Dbacks just shelling Fried. Fried didn't get out of the 1st inning his 1st start. Gave up 6 in the 1st tonight. Woof. Strider done for the year and Fried STB. Not a great start to the season for the Braves.

Dbacks just shelling Fried. Fried didn't get out of the 1st inning his 1st start. Gave up 6 in the 1st tonight. Woof. Strider done for the year and Fried STB. Not a great start to the season for the Braves.

i can't believe they blew another one. i had hit gurrial total bases, walker hit and rbi pfaadt ov 5.5 k's, marte 2+ total bases, just needed snakes to win! 25 paid like 1k!! if i didnt smash all the final 4 props id have been sick over these fuckers blowing 2nd huge lead in 2 days! lol. i had one with rangers also, didn't pay that good but still nice and only thing i missed was i had seager 3+ total bases and he only got 2, usually when he gets 2 hits they ain't both singles! the one thing i hate bout playing the sgp w bases is they don't let ya use hits/runs/rbis. gotta do hits or total bases. i much prefer h/r:rbi fo total bases, prob why they won't let me do it! lol

That's f'n hilarious

Classic case of your reputation preceding itself

Guy in the blue should never buy a beer again in that stadium

padres giving up 6 in the bottom of the 8th, to lose by one on a parlay where everything else came in.
hahahahaaha

Bet the Nationals large.......and just realizing now I bet game 2 of the DH.......just had to say that....fukk me

Your arm is designed to throw a ball overhand. It just puts so much stress on your elbow and shoulder. Also back then you didn't throw 12 months a year now like kids do now.

We are obsessed with the jug gun and spin rate now to try these kids a college scholarship.
I was listening to a podcast about this. They were talking about all the off-season training and the heavy balls players are using. I'm guilty myself. My daughter plays college softball and we often have used heavy balls to strengthen her arm. We had a whole regimen. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't blow her arm out.

Back