MACtion Week 3 Discussion w Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
Sorry guys, been busy this week.

My card:
Ohio +7.5 for 1 unit
Half unit 3 teamer to win 3units: Over 66 in Ypsilanti/Ohio U +7.5/Under 119 in Houston NCAAB
Miami Oh TT over 34.5 to win 1 unit (-115)

Tuesday

Western
Eastern +6 66

Toledo
Ohio U. +7.5 58

BG
Miami Oh -17 52

Wednesday

Central
Ball State +1 59

NIU
Buffalo +1.5 60.5

Last edited:
I like NIU and I'm on over so naturally once I have it will be on NIU team total

On bad number (-6) with OU but haven't bet ML yet which got more favorable

Any opinion on the directional Michigans tonight? On over there as well but small move against me

I like NIU and I'm on over so naturally once I have it will be on NIU team total

On bad number (-6) with OU but haven't bet ML yet which got more favorable

Any opinion on the directional Michigans tonight? On over there as well but small move against me
Could only have the over. I really like EMUs QB but he had a bad game vs OU last week. Western will be banging the run but this still goes over I think…

Reactions: KJ
I really think the Dickbelts put a number on BG but that team is so schizophrenic. Maybe Miami TT…..hmmmmmm

The stats say that WM D isn't that bad (although their scoring D is bad probably due to field position after WM O turnovers), but I don't think WM D is all that great and the Eastern Mich D is fairly bad. EM pass O good. WM run O and sometimes pass O is good. Over seems hard to avoid.

Ohio is not dead to win the East! Although chances being really slim:

It’s not easy, or likely — I mean, Ohio did start the year 1-7 — but after spring upsets in each of the past two weeks the Bobcats can in theory still win a spot in Detroit for the MAC title game in early December.

How does that happen? Well, this is one scenario (and no I haven’t accounted for every possible thread or resolution):
  1. Ohio wins its final two games of the year, versus Toledo and at Bowling Green.
  2. Miami loses its next game (vs. Bowling Green on Tuesday) and wins its finale at Kent State
  3. Kent State loses its rivalry matchup Saturday at Akron, and in the home finale against Miami
No, it’s not likely. Any time you’re pinning hopes on Akron and BG winning games you’re in dire straits. But the fact that a path exists points to how Ohio has continually tried to move forward this season in the face of gut-punch losses and a horrendous start.

Ohio is not dead to win the East! Although chances being really slim:
Someone posted this shit on a Cyclone board today

If K-State wins out (Baylor/Texas), Baylor loses to K-St and Tech and Ok St wins out(beat Tech/ OU) and ISU wins out ((Ok/TCU), It becomes a 3 way tie for second place (OU,ISU,K-STATE).
1st tiebreaker is roundrobin.
ISU is 2-0
OK is 1-1
K-St is 0-2

Funny thing is it's all plausible except Baylor losing to TT

I stayed off the Under because I thought if Ohio was wrong and the 40 point Toledo from last 2 weeks showed up I didn't want to lose both worst case

Did a last minute parlay because it had a Maction profit boost

Ohio +6.5/WMU/EMU o66/Miami tt o34.5 +568, $20 ticket would cash for $150+ profit but of course I likely wouldn't have played it without that boost. So leggo OU and points in Ypsilanti! If Miami can score, will be gravy

You gotta love the kids playing football on the hill. We always have a decent kicker.
Childhood was Ames early on Sat morning and playing ball in the grass while mom and friends tailgated, man that was young and ISU at best would win a couple games. Into the stadium, kids went to the corner hills and still played ball while adults enjoyed some time in their seats not having to put up with us.

Don't think we kicked, an uphill banked kick by barely 10 year olds would be quite a sight!

Childhood was Ames early on Sat morning and playing ball in the grass while mom and friends tailgated, man that was young and ISU at best would win a couple games. Into the stadium, kids went to the corner hills and still played ball while adults enjoyed some time in their seats not having to put up with us.

Don't think we kicked, an uphill banked kick by barely 10 year olds would be quite a sight!
The memories are thick. Best of times

Their D is doing a good job. The O isn't moving chains. They dropped the one would-be TD pass, then got the long TD run. I'd like to see them actually drive the ball.

Ohio's OL looked overmatched vs Toledo DL, Rourke didn't handle the pressure that well as far as getting rid of it. They need to have an outlet guy for him

Ohio outgaining them by 15y, trailing by 8 and Toledo 0/4 3rd down. Toledo hasn't had many 3rd downs...Ohio has had 9

Back