MACtion Week 1 Discussion with Marsski

after getting that crazy akron cover 2-3 weeks back i told myself to maybe stay away from Mac for a minute! think i just meant until the weeknight games tho!!

after getting that crazy akron cover 2-3 weeks back i told myself to maybe stay away from Mac for a minute! think i just meant until the weeknight games tho!!

Yeah...come on, there's 3 of them tonight, you know you want some

Was that not one of the greatest covers in recent memory, man it’s cool to know we both hit that one haha. Cmon man you know you are gonna hit that submit button tonight so might as well do it now while you have time!

I wussed out and bought to 30 on both EMU and Ohio to get 10 and 8.5, as my dog game is subpar at best and most of you guys know I play probably 90% favs for the most part.

I think that might be it for tonight for me unless the steam on the total keeps going in A-Town. I'd love to see some props for my dude #4 Hassan Beydoun. I think he's gonna go off tonight.

Was that not one of the greatest covers in recent memory, man it’s cool to know we both hit that one haha.
x3. I hate to gloat too much because surely somebody will have had Miami in that game and that was the right side. But right side don't always win, which a lot of times I count on when taking dogs like that. If right side always won, favorites would come in a lot more and I probably wouldn't even bet games.

Bookmaker and Pinacle showing 6.5 on Miami Oh. Were several 7.5s the other day. I don't even use an online account but we use them for set our local lines. Lots of 105 and even on the 7

playing 3 in the maction

miami -7 seems like a bad matchup for ohio to get their run game going. miami the better defensive team - miami feels like maybe the most well rounded team in this conference in terms of throw game, run game, and defensive abilities

toledo - emu - under 54. Toledo unders seem to be money this year; thinking they can defend the emu pass decently and eastern michigan has played much better against the run on the year to date vs last year. Eastern defense seems much better and toledo oline looks weaker. If Toledo can run on eastern like it is last year toledo should cover and probably goes over but lean to the dog

northern illinois +3.5 - better defense then kent and a good matchup to run the ball for huskies

Ball State/Akron:

I mean, I started off this morning wanting to take the 20 with the Zips, but their play on the line of scrimmage has been beyond wretched. If you can't protect your QB and you can't rush the passer, it's pretty hard to make a case for taking anything under 28. Also, they give up 70 percent completion rate and BSU has a decent QB.

Ball St QB Plitt has 40 starts under his belt so Akron isn't going to confuse him. He's got 4 picks in the losses this yer and none in the wins so I'd say a clean sheet is possible. Ball State isn't a very good running team, but I hardly think that matters against Akron. Ball State has some quality but maybe has underachieved a tad considering they were ranked early in the year, they did get a nice win against Army which tells me they are well coached and keep gap discipline.

Ball St has really good LBs and it's hard to say what Akron will be able to do on offense but I'm guessing they chuck it around a bunch especially since they will be down early. We really don't even know what QB is playing...if Kato was going to go I think he could rally his offense but he's been banged up. It probably will be Irons who is very inconsistent.

I think you can only have Ball State in this one, either lay the points or take Cards over 38.5 TT. Slight lean to the under 58 because Akron is capable of packing it in here and scoring single digits.

If Kato (#1) comes into the game, it could give the Zips a spark and make me live bet Akron...
Im on Akron team total under 19.5

Gotta have a World Series-MACtion bet, right?

Half unit parlay (to win 5.26): Ball State -10.5 1H/Ohio ML/WS G6 Under 8.5

Got the Ohio radio pregame on right now
Even if its for $1. Its a rare night in November so I will sip on some chilled scotch like its a Friday! GL! I love these MAC threads man.

28 and chilly in A Town.

Homer radio is discussing Western Kentucky & Mid Tennessee (possibly) joining the MAC. "It'll add so much in basketball." LOL

I love these threads too. I do it just to shoot the shit about the MAC, and it's the ultimate degenerate college football gambling. Sometimes I actually win too.

I got some Vodka and Meigs County's finest going....

28 and chilly in A Town.

Homer radio is discussing Western Kentucky & Mid Tennessee joining the MAC. "It'll add so much in basketball." LOL

I love these threads too. I do it just to shoot the shit about the MAC, and it's the ultimate degenerate college football gambling. Sometimes I actually win too.
I always say, its the league we all think we could have played in. Its a brilliant move to showcase themselves on Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Homer radio is discussing Western Kentucky & Mid Tennessee joining the MAC. "It'll add so much in basketball." LOL
It's gonna happen and that's awesome. WKU is consistently quite a bit above average in both sports and I'd hate to see them get consumed by what's going on. CUSA is crumbling fast.

It's gonna happen and that's awesome. WKU is consistently quite a bit above average in both sports and I'd hate to see them get consumed by what's going on. CUSA is crumbling fast.
The Hilltoppers absolutely. M Tenn? It's a nice road trip but not really bringing that much to the party...

I have Akron+11 1st H and Und30.5 for a little. Then Ohio 1st H+4, game+7, ML 50 to win 115. Waiting to see if better number comes up on EMich.

The Hilltoppers absolutely. M Tenn? It's a nice road trip but not really bringing that much to the party...
Gotta add in pairs and they are reasonable in baskets. Most of the other teams from that basketball conference don't field viable football programs.

Gotta add in pairs and they are reasonable in baskets. Most of the other teams from that basketball conference don't field viable football programs.
I remember that fat guard they had, he was all-world YMCA

No Eastern is going to be able to keep up if they can't even slow Toledo

Is this the in-game?

Miami-Ohio shaping up to be a knock-down-drag out

Surprised at chunk yards for Akron. Thought they'd have to grind

Several good receivers have come out of MAC. Justin Hall will be an interesting NFL prospect

In game all u want.

Bobcats defense seems to be showing up tonight. That was a total pick play they didn’t call on my boys

EM tied it! 28 pts in the 1st Q. I lost track of what people have total wise in that game...hopefully over?

Kind of a crazy measurement and review in the Akron game. They brought the chains out and the ball is 1/2 yard beyond the sticks. Usually you don't see them measure for spots like that

Lots of guys not using their mouthpieces tonight. And one guy from Akron has two mouthpieces, one dangling and one in his mouth. You guys notice that, usually DBs not using their mouthpieces. It's been a thing now for a couple years. It think a guy like Jalen Ramsey started it.

I think those refs were trying to get the ball back to Ball State earlier this drive with that measurement. And then now the controversial spot on 4th down. fishy

I actually think the nose of the ball was even touching the stick, but the ref gave it a second look and still pointed other way

Refs tried to deny EM the 2nd TD run. Spotted him at the 2. Replay overruled the call on the field.

MAC refs on favorites. I'm not normally one to be conspiracy theory, but that spot, mearsurement and replay was off. TV announcer is a meathead, but he said that should get overturned 10 times out of 10. It didn't.

I needed that Ball 1st half TD for my World Series special parlay which is starting to look decent….

CBS was smart to start the Ball St game a half hour before the ESPNs, it's the only flip I'm doing with the World Series at the moment

I meant in bases.
But I like those, mostly.
I took u9.5 in bases with Utah ML and a couple different tennis MLs that are in

But yes I like it, already seen my guy Mooch behind the plate stretching the zone politely

Back