lines out at bookmaker, and man I got some tasty ones..

Week 2 Lines out at Bookmaker

Opening lines listed.
Immediate line moves noted in parentheses.
Home team listed first.

Cincinnati +3 vs Oregon State
Louisville -38.5 vs MTSU
Rutgers -14 vs Navy
Marshall +23.5 vs WVU
NW -7.5 vs Nevada
Wake +7 vs Neb
OU -10 vs Miami (just jumped to 11.5 immediately)
Minny -11 vs Miami OH
Temple -1.5 vs Buffalo (just jumped to 2.5)
Ohio State -33 vs Akron (fell to 32)
UVA -17 vs Duke
Vandy +5.5 vs Alabama
CMU -4 vs Toledo
MSU -14.5 vs BGSU
Baylor -6 vs Rice
Wyoming -25 vs USU
KSU -15.5 vs SJSU
CSU +17.5 vs Cal (fell to 16.5)
Miss +6.5 vs Mizzou (fell to 6)
BC -15 vs State (fell to 14)
EMU +5.5 vs Ball State
Michigan -7 vs Oregon (fell to 6.5)
UW +4.5 vs Boise
A&M -17.5 vs Fresno
UGA -5.5 vs SC (jumped to 6)
PSU -11 vs ND (jumped to 13.5)
Utah -9 vs AFA (fell to 8)
ECU -4.5 vs UNC
UCLA -6.5 vs BYU (jumped to 7)
Tenn -12 vs SMiss
Texas -9.5 vs TCU
Tulane +6.5 vs MSU
Kentucky -14 vs Kent
WSU -14 vs SDSU
LT +28 vs Hawaii (fell to 27.5)
Iowa -23 vs Cuse
WMU -2 vs Indy
Auburn -7.5 vs USF
LSU -10 vs VT (jumped to 10.5)
NM -8.5 vs NMSU
UNLV +26.5 vs Wisky
ASU -16 vs CSU
UF -28 vs Troy
OSU -23 vs FAU
ULL +1.5 vs Ohio
FIU +24.5 vs MD
Ark St +3 vs Memphis

here is a copy and paste. When I went back to grab a copy of the openers, they had already changed. I will try to fix the formatting.

refer to list above, much easier to read..

Last edited:
Im disappointed in the Va-Duke line, I was hoping for 10 or so after how they played yesterday.

Early leans for me:

Oregon St
Rutgers
West Va
Nebraska
Alabama
Toledo
BGR
Utah St
Mizzo
Utah
WMU
USF
Va Tech if it goes much higher
Okie St

Looks like I got some work ahead of me to narrow this down a bit

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if you link me to what you want I'll pull it back to its own thread. Not sure who moved it.

Oh well, here are the latest moves...

Cincinnati has bounced from +3 to +3.5 to +4 back to +3.5
Rutgers from -14 to -13 to -12.5 back to -13
Marshall from +23.5 to +25 where it sits
NW from -7.5 to -6.5 back to -7
Wake from +7 to +6.5
OU from -10 to -11.5 back down to -10.5
Minny from -11 to -10
Temple from -1.5 to -2.5 now at -3.5
OSU from -33 to -32 now at -31
CMU from -4 to -3.5
MSU from -14.5 to -16
KSU from -15.5 to -16
CSU from +17.5 down to +16.5
Ole Miss from +6.5 to +6 down to +5.5 now
BC from -15 to -14 now at -13.5
Michigan from -7 down to -6.5 back now to -7
UW from -4.5 to -4
A&M from -17.5 to -17
UGA from -5.5 to -6 to -6.5 back down to -5.5 now
PSU from -11 to -13.5 to -14
Utah from -9 to -8 to -7.5
UCLA from -6.5 to -7 now up to -8.5
Texas from -9.5 to -9
Kentucky from -14 to -13 now
Hawaii from -28 to -27.5 back up to -28
WMU from -2 to -1
LSU from -10 to -10.5 to -12 to -13 now at -13.5
Memphis from -3 to -3.5

While I continue to wait for The Greek (insert jeopardy music here)

Not a huge deal guys, in the bookmaker lines thread I started, I had begun listing all the initial line moves that occured right out of the gate so that guys can see the open vs the first movements. I noticed that when you moved my thread to combine it with this one, you didn't drag over the posts that I had placed under it. Again not a huge deal as I just decided to recapture everything above instead of having you guys try to figure out what happened, no sweat.

Interesting money coming in over the course of the last few mins..

Cincinnati now at +3
Louisville dropped a 1/2 to 38
Wake back up to +7 (musta been Stacks with that Neb -6.5 haha)
OU down to 10 now
Temple down to 3
OSU has dropped 3pts total now...all the way to 30 at the moment
UVA dropped a full point to 16
Vandy also dropped a point now at +4.5
MSU jumped a full point up to 17 now
Wyoming dropped a full point to 24
CSU has dropped a total of 1.5pts, now down to +16
Tenn dropped 1.5pts just now, down to 10.5
Texas money has pushed it back up to 9.5
LSU dropped a 1/2 back down to 13
UF down a 1/2 to 27.5
Memphis keeps rising, now at 4

Seems like these lines are moving after every bet....Penn St going from 11 to 13.5 in only one move is just crazy

Carolina how do you track all of the moves?

Just updating the lines every 2mins or so and then logging the moves in a notebook so that I can look at anything that stands out to me at first glance. If I see anything fishy, I start sifting through local papers or sending IMs to friends around the country I know, to see if there is a down low injury or suspension that will be announced later this week that is causing a funny line move at open.

Penn St will torch ND...

I'd lean towards LSU, but I've got to think VaTech will have it sorted out by next week. Glennon however is terrible, but LSU may struggle with team spead of VaTech...

I'm not sure how MN is -11 against Miami. Miami doensn't have the team speed BG did, but a passing attack will KILL MN. I'd lean towards Miami and maybe an over if it's in the high 40s...

Liking ASU -16 against CU also, ASU looked steller last night in some crappy weather and was hitting on all cylinders. I'm not sure CU has the weapons on defense to stop Torrain and Carpenter...

Looks like we are past the initial crazy line movement period that always happens at open, as there has only been 1 move in the last 15mins (WSU moved down to 13.5 from 14). All other lines have remained stable. Just hoping I can jump on some of these in the next few mins at The Greek. Anyone talked to them today to find out when they will release their opens?

penn st is up to 15.

I am happy about wvu, lsu, and penn st.

rutgers, tenn, and kentucky are all a point or so lower, but I am fine with the numbers I got.

Hawaii is stable right now, but I thought it might be in the 30's.

I also just looked at those I initially made and I had temple in there at -1.5.

That was a great deal of fun.

Locked in at the Greek just now..

OHIO -1
RUTGERS -13.5
WVU -24.5
TEMPLE -2.5 (I am a pussy, I took it at 120)

I wonder who the retard was that bet all the dogs.

Its almost as if somebody went through with the blanket approach and just took em all that had + signs.

Will wait on Kentucky, ASU, and Hawaii before I decide on those, as I think all 3 are gonna drop lower than where are now, just a hunch I have that's all.

I missed my shot at UNC +4.5 110, I think it will be closer to 3 pretty soon unfortunately but hoping I am wrong.

Still debating Mizzou at 6.

PSU value is long gone IMO, nice job by you guys catching the 11.5-13 lines.

Added UNC +4 110...Have a feeling it will drop like I said earlier, so want to take the 4 while I can as I think this one is a FG game either way.

bjorks, that miami line is one I am looking at also.

I'm just not sure how they can favor MN by DD. Sure they came back in the 2nd half, but their pass D is non existant. We're talking horrible. MN basically ran 4 plays the entire game because evidently the coaches "weren't comfortable with Weber running all the stuff". It was a handoff to Pinnix, a Weber run, or 2 different pass plays THE ENTIRE GAME. They did figure it out in the 2nd half to run, run, run, but Miami is better than BG. I'll wait till I talk to my guy at MN, but this is fishy.

Random thoughts and hunches...

Waiting for Kentucky to fall to 12.5 110
Waiting for Hawaii to fall to 27 110
Waiting for Mizzou to fall to 5.5 110
Looking at Ball State -5 at Eastern
ASU and Cal are off the list, gonna look at potential overs instead
PSU if I am lucky will drop down to 14.5 for a sec so I can get 14 120, but I doubt it as that train has probably left the station. I dont like 15 or 16 though as I would prefer 13.5 but can live with 14 at the worst. Most likely will be a no play b/c of the lost value at 16

if the trend is going downwards I'd wait, cuz i thought it be around 10. I've got to talk to my boys about injuries and practice this week before I pull the trigger. Not that I'm concerned about it, but I always way to talk to my peeps before I play. I also like to know the game plan before i bet too.

the funny thing is Colorado is probably my all time favorite college football team. Having watched their lines each week for eternity, Colorado fans are arrogent and have money. I'd be willing to guess that when most people start looking mid week at the lines a lot of money will come in on CU and this line could move to 12. hopefully it happens cuz I'll jump all over the Devils if it does.

i did my part at geting y'all a better line on the asu game , taking colorado at 14.5 ! always here to do my part

What are everyone's thoughts on these:

TCU +10 (I already have +9.5 but can buy up for -120)
Nebraska -7
Cal -15
Temple -3 (I can't believe I'm thinking about laying points on this team)
Rutgers -14
Washington +4
Oregon St -3

Jump, I'm not seeing many good home dogs this week. A lot of home favs still.

Added Fresno +18 (originally thought I was going to have to pay 120, but line moved in my favor for the first time in history so ended up only paying 110 haha)

5dimes lines are now up, so gonna look and see if they are off of any, but doubt it.

Fresno should be able to put up some passing yards against the A&M defense that was less than impressive in the secondary vs inferior opposition in week 1. Also, Fresno always seems to step it up against big time opponents as they have that proverbial chip on their shoulder in those type of games. Fresno has a solid DL and LB corp and the score vs Sac State is really misleading as they would have won by 40 if they would have just held on to the ball instead of coughing it up over and over. Should be a fun one to watch as Fresno won't be intimidated by these guys. Actually wouldn't be shocked to see a Fresno SU win to be honest.

Hawaii will be a play eventually, just looking over LT notes from the game last night.
Mizzou also is on the final short list. Right now I am reading up on the local Miss papers to get some info from the Memphis game.
Also still debating Kentucky, as it is down to 13 110 at the Greek right now. Only thing that worries me is the Kent running game vs the Wildcat rush D, as I am not sold on their front line just yet.

Back