lines out at bookmaker, and man I got some tasty ones..

5dimes has Mizzou -5.5 110 so I jumped on it there instead of at the Greek where it is 6 110. I like to get under certain numbers at 110 when I can, so this is a good example of why a backup book comes in handy every now and then.

I agree CB, that Oregon line is very tempting. Same with Hawaii.

I tend to agree with you about Fresno St. This tends to be the kind of game that Aggy plays down to their competition and 18 is probably too much.

But I made the line 16, so I'm not sure about value.

What are your thoughts on Ohio? Books made it a very close game. But you and I are giving the advantage to Ohio.

Wow, Oregon back up to 7 110 at the Greek...Almost too tempting to pass this one up???

I was almost tempted to take Michigan at 6 with my local 5 minutes ago. I just see Hart and Henne having a huge day, but then that defense will need to play a lot better.

Fondy - Yeah, I hate spots like this one so that is why I am laying off the Oregon game, and also the TCU one. Both of those will be popular plays but I just don't personally have a feel for either and I have never been one just to ride the wave, so I will just sit back and watch those two while rooting for whoever the board consensus plays are.

Memphis is back down to 3.5. Would love for it to hit 3 so I can steal the 2.5 in that one.

What are everyone's thoughts on these:

TCU +10 (I already have +9.5 but can buy up for -120)
Nebraska -7
Cal -15
Temple -3 (I can't believe I'm thinking about laying points on this team)
Rutgers -14
Washington +4
Oregon St -3

Jump, I'm not seeing many good home dogs this week. A lot of home favs still.

tcu +10 - i think it is over reaction to bet tcu here. texas went vanilla in week 1 and tcu struggled to outgain baylor. i have a strong lean to texas. is blake playing in this game ?

cal - 15 line seems about right to me. csu is better this year than the last few years. as long as csu kickoffs and punts the ball out of bounds it should finish near that number. on the other hand i wouldnt play csu either. cal in a bit of letdown spot maybe ? but csu ot loss a letdown spot too ?? i guess the number isnt far off and i dont have a feel for the game so sorry if im not much help.

nebraska -7 ... they have the talent to cover and wake played worse than the 38-28 final showed vs boston college. but usc on the horizon and travelling to wake .... spot looks ugly. i lost so much money betting against wake last year that i may be biased against betting vs them this year when they are a dog .. especially at home. if nebraska is focused enough i think you can win this bet.. but may be one of the harder spots all season for a team to be focused.

rutgers -14 depends on how you view the temple game. is temple that much improved or is navy that bad on defense ? with rutgers running a ton and navy running a ton ... how many possessions will there be to cover this kind of spread ? i have slight lean rutgers but very slight.
<!-- / message -->dont forget that tamu has sights on at miami the following week.

temple -3 i played temple already so you know how i feel about that

washington +4 -- what a fun game to watch. very interesting. washington is a tough place to play but i am tired of doubting boise. i have a lean towards washington but it falls into the category of small lean. likely a no play

oregon st -3 ------ is this the trap game this week ?? i dont understand the line at all. i bet this one and if i lose will sleep ok at night. basically just asking the far superior team to win. better oline ... better receivers ... better rb ........worse qb ...... better dline , better linebackers ( by a lot) ....better secondary .... better special teams.... coaching a wash. i dont get it. so i bet it.

Added PSU -15.5 at The Greek. Searched high and low for reasons not to jump on this game and everything I read kept pointing me in the Lions direction, so I said what the heck, let me jump on it now before it gets to 16 or more at The Greek, since it is already at 16 everywhere else already.

Last time Michigan was favored against Oregon was 2003, where they were favored by 7 on the road and Oregon won 31-27.

Last time Michigan was favored against Oregon was 2003, where they were favored by 7 on the road and Oregon won 31-27

hehe i remember that game actually. that place was friggin rocking that game.

Games I hit already.
Neb -6.5
Duke +16.5
Mizzou -6
Georgia -5.5............Jorja can screw me sometimes.
LSU -12.5

I think that LSU game could get outta hand. Night game, you know how it goes.

Press

Decided to add Hawaii -27.5 110 (Greek) as my final add of the night. Will be back on tomorrow to recap in a week 2 thread.

I know Hawaii has to travel to Ruston for this one, and last time out La Tech beat em by 30 or whatever (as 3pt favs mind you) but La Tech was outplayed on Saturday by a clearly inferior team, as they allowed 300 yds passing and only won by 21 even though Cent Arkie committed 6, count em, 6 turnovers. Brennan is gonna rip this defense to shreds, and don't think Hawaii doesn't remember getting blown out last time they were in Ruston. Payback is gonna be hell for La Tech in this one.

Just got back from a fantasy football draft and looks like I missed all the fun. Just hit PSU at 16.5, WVU at 25, and Rutgers at 14.5. Damn I wished I could have got the Lions at 11

Back