Let's start it up

slayer202

Pretty much a regular
Let's start it up - Day 2 in the NBA

edit: I am going to use this thread for the time being, and I will edit the thread title to reflect where we are in the week.

Well I've been a reader on the other site for a while, and have been soley on here since I found this place.

Anyway, I figure why not post some pics and start tracking my record. Let's see if I can keep up. I usually try not to make too many picks, because that usually means trouble.

Tonight I am on (1 unit each)

Portland/SA over 187 (-110)

Portland +14 (-110)

Utah +4 (-110)

I am a bit hesitant on Utah because it seems like everyone is on Utah, and the line hasn't moved much, but I will just hope that the books aren't trying to get us already :whip:

Other than that, I don't have anything more to say that you won't find already posted by the other bettors on these picks.

I am looking forward to watching Portland tonight though. I think their core of Roy, Frye, and Aldridge is very respectable. Also, keep an eye on Martell Webster. He will have a breakout year

Oh, and I am staying away from Hou/LA because we don't know which Kobe will show up tonight, nor how good Houston will be this year.

:cheers: Good luck everyone, hopefully

Last edited:
That utah line has dropped, and I suspect GDS were given such respect simply because they're at home. BOL slayer:cheers:

Portland/SA over 187 (-110) $$$

Portland +14 (-110) $$$

nice start to the season. let's finish off with Utah

I am going to add

Houston -3.5 2H (-110)

for 1 unit

and for tomorrow

Dallas -3 (-110)

and

Washington -2 (-110)

ugh oh, 3 favorites in a row :hang:

3-1 opening night, not too bad. After the first half of the Lakers game, I definitely thought Houston would win, but I guess Kobe kept it close at least.

Anyway, going into day 2(first time tracking my record on here, so let's hope I do it right)

ATS: (2-0-0) +1.818 Units
O/U: (1-0-0) +.909 Units
2H: (0-1-0) -1 Unit

Overall: (3-1-0) +1.727 Units

For Tonight I have

Dallas -3 (-110)

and

Washington -2 (-110)

I just woke up, but did I see Wizards +1 somewhere? Well anyway, I feel like Gilbert is going to pick up where he left off before getting hurt last year, and the same with Caron Butler. Gilbert can put up points, and Butler is an all around great player.

I think those 2 guys will have more motivation than anyone else on the court to make it back to the playoffs so that they can actually play this time. I also think Gilbert will want to put on a show for his first game of the season.

Being with the Public always scares me, but I got the line early, which I see is now at -4?

Same with Dallas, public play but it already moved to -5. I think Dallas is MUCH better than the Cavs, and I think the Mavericks need to get last year's playoffs behind them with a win here. The Cavs are a mess IMO, and are going to be worse than last year. I look at last year's Cavs like the 2000(or was it 2001?) NY Mets that made it to the WS against the Yankees. Every scrub on that team had a career year, but the next year, forget about it.

Good Luck guys

edit: oh, and I do have my eye on the Magic tonight, but I am waiting to see if the line gets a bit lower.

I am also thinking about taking the Nets and Denver, but like I said before, I don't like making that many plays in a night, but we'll see. Lines shouldn't change too much

edit:

Ok, I hate betting against my Bulls, and I hate betting on the Nets, so let's see if this one doesn't come back to bite me in the ass

NJ Nets -2.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Still undecided on the Nuggets and Magic. Gonna look at them both a little more before I decide.

Last edited:
I am having second thought's about the wizards. Might take pacers +3 and lose the juice, and even pray for a push/win.

I am also having trouble pulling the trigger on the Magic. I don't like the Bucks team and think they will need some time to mesh, but 6.5 is a lot for a Magic team that hasn't proven much yet. I like the Nets pick a lot more, although the Nets always find a way to screw me..

Not feeling the Wizards anymore. I rushed the pick last night when I saw the line.

I have wiz -2 for 1 unit

and just added

pacers +3 for 1 unit

:seeya:

NJ Nets -2.5 (-110) $$

Dallas -3 (-110) $$

Washington -2 (-110) Loss

pacers +3 (-110) $$

Can't complain with another 3-1 night. Would have been nicer if I didn't make the wizards bet in the first place, but I'll take it.

Record goes to:

ATS: (5-1-0) +3.545 Units

2H: (0-1-0) -1 Unit
Overall: (6-2-0) +3.454 Units

Lol I hope I am calculating right

Teaser time

2 Units to win 1.818 Units - 4 Point Teaser

Detroit Pistons -.5

and

Phoenix Suns -6

I am not a big O/U kinda guy, but I did consider throwing in the Over in the suns game too, but decided not to

Rip is out, and the whole world is on Detroit, but if most people feel good at -4, I feel good about -.5

Detroit, along with the nets and bulls, is a team I don't like betting, so we will see how the season starts with them. It all depends on which team shows up IMO. Every year since they lost to the Spurs in the finals, they seem like they are back with a vengeance, and have the will to win, but each year they have given up IMO. They get too cocky and lose games. I HOPE this year they show some heart, but I will not be fooled just yet.

I am confident in the Suns. I doubt the sonics can stick with their pace. They stuck with the nuggets for 3 quarters and then fell back, I say tonight, by halftime, the game will be over.

I don't like the Utah game. Too many angles

I almost feel like stealing believe811's pick, Suns -6 first half, but I think i'll just stick with the teaser. Might be something you guys want to consider though

Last edited:
Pistons covered, looking at suns -6 to hit the teaser. 2 Units to win 1.818 Units

However, I just put 1 unit on Sonics +9.5 for the 2nd Half

sonics looked a lot better than I expected.

Ok, well I guess I should have let the teaser ride, but it was too close for comfort.

Lost the 2nd half hedge bet, but hit the teaser, up .818 units for the night. I'll take a winning night any day, no matter how little. I think I should stay away from 2nd half bets, 0-2 so far

ATS: (5-1-0) +3.545 Units
2H: (0-2-0) -2 Units
Teasers: (1-0-0) +1.818 Units
Overall: (6-2-0) +4.272 Units

I'll probably start a new thread for tomorrow, although I am not loving any plays just yet

Back