Late Night Discussion Thread

Dmoney416

Ben Mauk's Counsel
Anyone up for an hour or two of discussion? Bring up anything at all. Only about three weeks out now.

My first question: Is Army now worth a look at +7?

I really like South Carolina -11.5 on the opening day, think they will be much better this year. my buddy justin sorenson is starting on the o-line and says the offense seems really jacked up and with brinkley leading the D I can see them rolling NC State

I want to talk abou this Fresno/Rutgers game. Dont remember talking too much about that one. And its a hell of a matchup

I really like South Carolina -11.5 on the opening day, think they will be much better this year. my buddy justin sorenson is starting on the o-line and says the offense seems really jacked up and with brinkley leading the D I can see them rolling NC State

This is probably a solid play, but I like O'Brien and I have a tough time nailing NC St. down.

I did hear that Spurrier is tinkering with a 4-2-5 defense in order to stop the spread.

Anyone up for an hour or two of discussion? Bring up anything at all. Only about three weeks out now.

as for army getting a touchdown I think thats a decent play, wouldn't be big for me but getting a TD against temple at home. I think its decent.

I don't think so. But i can see why someone would.

Temple a td favorite... it just doesn't seem right , does it ?

I like them to roll a little bit here.

Sorry signal dont really know much about that match up other then I do think Fresno State will be a much better team this year. How is the RB that is taking Rice's spot, can he gain yardage to help the offense open the pass?

Im at work and the Favre story just broke so Ill be in and out. But quickly I think Fresno is going to have a nice little team this year. I think they take down the Badgers. Not too sure about how Rutgers looks going into this year though

Army is sucker bet unless it hits 8.5 or up IMO...

Kyle I feel you on the Owls also...

I don't think so. But i can see why someone would.

Temple a td favorite... it just doesn't seem right , does it ?

I like them to roll a little bit here.

That's what I mean. I wanted to play Temple and was ready to pull the trigger at 4 or less. By the time I got to it, it was 4.5 or 5. So, I decided to wait.

Now, as it hits 7, it just sort of hit me that Temple is a TD road favorite.

What are everyone's thoughts on Utah...

I LOVE Utah this year and actually think they're going to go into Meeechigan and win SU

I just eliminated utah as a possible play for me today , bjorks. Looked hard and long and longer and harder at that game. I just am not sure what michigan will be on offense. I think michigan will have one of the better defenses in the whole country. Just too much unknow for me and the line has dropped 2.5 , 3 points already.

i dunno. i love utah this year as well.

They got 2 stud JC players, a WR and TE, and the schedule is good. I think they got a shot at 11 wins if the defense is bend, not break.

I do like BYU too, but I think they're the glamour pick and Utah is going to be the quiet team that them, especially cuz they play them at home.

I think its 4th with the possibility to become a 2nd depending on how he performs this year

Looks like Wyoming is the CTG special.

As for Fresno St./Rutgers, I think that's a pretty easy no play. I mulled betting the Fresno Over 8.5 wins (+145), but they would have to beat either Rutgers, Oregon, or Wisky in order to have a realistic chance at it.

need to see that rutgers line hit 6.5 again and i will buy it to the seven. Fresno has a great chance at backdooring within a score , even if rutgers succeeds.

need to see that rutgers line hit 6.5 again and i will buy it to the seven. Fresno has a great chance at backdooring within a score , even if rutgers succeeds.

I judge Rutgers to be about the same as Cincy. So, I asked myself what I would make Cincy and it was basically the same (5-6). I would be tempted by Fresno +7 as well though. I may need a straight 7 to bet it though, not sure if buying +7 would be enough perceived value for me.

The only quality team that rutgers beat last year was usf. ( unless you consider navy quality ). They really struggled against good teams.

I think Fresno can win. Brandstater needs to come out of his shell though a bit. They have possibly the OL in the WAC, they have 2 very good backs, and they're fast at WR. It's a matter if the defense shows up or not. What I don't like is Fresno can't pick off passes. I don't know enough about they're DB's, but Rutger's features probably the 2 best WR's in the BIG EAST in Brit and Underwood.

We'll know by October about Fresno's makeup because the schedule gets very easy the back half, but they got a good shot at starting the year 0-3 or 3-0.

I don't like Rutgers chances of slowing the Fresno running game, but I equally hate the idea of watching Fresno try to stop the pass.

The only quality team that rutgers beat last year was usf. ( unless you consider navy quality ). They really struggled against good teams.

They really should be better even though I'm still not sold on Teel.

They need the middle of their OL to hold up though.

how about Oregon State -3 vs Stanford?

This is a trap game, Stanford is a veteran team, but I'm not sure they can stop the OSU offense, which will out perform the OSU defense this year. One thing Stanford has going for itself is it's at home and they played very well last year at home with virtually the same team back.

I like the UNDER though here because Stanford surprisingly has one of the best pass rushes in the PAC 10 (Don't laugh). I think OSU should win, but the UNDER is probably a stornger lean right now and it has a little to do with I don't trust Canefield.

fresno mashed a pretty good defense in their bowl game.
they return 35 starts or so to the secondary , so they might match up better than we think there ... though you have to like rutgers to throw on them.

4 of rutgers 5 losses last year were the games where they allowed over 200 yards rushing. the only other time was to navy and they had just 12 pass attempts cause they run the option so it is a different worm. Their other loss was to cincinnati. fresno is getting over 200 here.

fresno mashed a pretty good defense in their bowl game.
they return 35 starts or so to the secondary , so they might match up better than we think there ... though you have to like rutgers to throw on them.

4 of rutgers 5 losses last year were the games where they allowed over 200 yards rushing. the only other time was to navy and they had just 12 pass attempts cause they run the option so it is a different worm. Their other loss was to cincinnati. fresno is getting over 200 here.

You are convincing yourself into a Fresno play.

Rutgers really should win right? I just think Rutgers wins. Therefore, I can't take Fresno at anything less than 7.

i liked stanford a few weeks ago ... line is falling off the map ... losing the value and i hate getting the worst of it. once again hitting that area where in order for stanford to cover they likely ahve to win straight up. if you look at the oregon st offense they get a couple of key guys back... they get stroughter back from "being crazy" and they get one of the best o-linmen in the country back from bad knee. It should be moveao at qb not canfield i think ... maybe not though. whoever it is will be better this year than last. They do lose other key receivers and bernard of course. The young rb mccants is supposed to be decent. probably laying off thsi one too until i see what oregon st is on defense. i dont trust stanford hehe even though i think it is the logical side. beavers lose entire front seven , thats just sick.

lol looking at the fresno team and what bjorks said about interceptions .... fresno st won the turnover battle in just ONE game last year. +1 at hawaii. That is amazing.

lol looking at the fresno team and what bjorks said about interceptions .... fresno st won the turnover battle in just ONE game last year. +1 at hawaii. That is amazing.

I don't know WTF, but for some reason, those DB's last you couldn't get in INT to save the F'ing life.

Back