Late Night Discussion Thread

Northwestern is a TERRIBLE HOME FAVORITE.

They are now 2-14 as a home favorite the last 7 years ???

I just don't see it. Syracuse isn't as bad as everyone thinks, they just happen to be in a divison where every other team is at least respectable.

I prefer Robinson to Bacher.

Syracuse special teams is actually very good.

I also think that some assume that Sutton and Conteh are going to walk through this D.

Well, scratch that then. I guess I just convinced myself that everyone like NW. I will almost certainly be on the Cuse.

Starting DT John Gill was the one suspended. 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 4.5 TFL last year. Fairly big loss.

Cuse is a little like Stanford. EVeryone thinks they suck, but they're not that bad.

i looked at the game and thought syracuse at first but they struggled so much against the spread offenses they faced last year.

i guess they struggled against everyone because the offense couldnt get a first down.

Didnt cuse lose their best receiver int he offseason though ?

i looked at the game and thought syracuse at first but they struggled so much against the spread offenses they faced last year.

This is true, but basically all of those spread offenses were superior to NW's.

Also, Bacher should be good for a mistake or two. The Cuse also started like 3 or 4 freshman on D LY, so I expect them to improve a little.

I just see this being a shootout, and I don't see a reason that Syracuse can't at least keep up. I just pray that they have some semblance of a running game (as in enough so that the opponent doesn't assume pass every time).

This is true, but basically all of those spread offenses were superior to NW's.

Also, Bacher should be good for a mistake or two. The Cuse also started like 3 or 4 freshman on D LY, so I expect them to improve a little.

I just see this being a shootout, and I don't see a reason that Syracuse can't at least keep up. I just pray that they have some semblance of a running game (as in enough so that the opponent doesn't assume pass every time).

I will say this , the line does not compute with the other teams lined in this range ... wake, s carolina , pitt etc etc...

Have a tough time laying 13 with a team that allowed 31 LY. It would have been higher too if they hadn't played EMU, Northeastern, and Duke. If memory serves, they gave up at least 28 in every other game.

Was sort of hoping that cuse gets whacked so i could play them against akron in week 2 , but i guess i will have to cheer for Dmoney instead. sigh.

Maybe I'm too high on Robinson, but I think he's wildly underrated coming into the year. Saw a lot of improvement on the tail end of LY.

Have a tough time laying 13 with a team that allowed 31 LY. It would have been higher too if they hadn't played EMU, Northeastern, and Duke. If memory serves, they gave up at least 28 in every other game.

I checked it , they did give up atleast 28 to every other team.

Was sort of hoping that cuse gets whacked so i could play them against akron in week 2 , but i guess i will have to cheer for Dmoney instead. sigh.

It's not locked in yet. If I play it, it won't be for like two weeks. I want to see if anyone sets themselves apart in camp so that Robinson has someone to pass/hand-off to.

I checked it , they did give up atleast 28 to every other team.

Not only that, but in their 26-14 win over EMU, Eastern Mich turned it over 4 times.

All 4 TOs were in NW territory, 2 in the red zone. They also missed a FG. EMU also ended the game when they couldn't convert on a 4th and goal from the 6.

Alright ... i need some help with kfc at the ville ....

Ville - Strong OL, No skill players outside of Cantwell...

KFC - Very strong defense...

I think Cards are going to be a complete mess this year and Kentucky will get by because they've got some studs on defense. Only thing Cards have going for them is the game's at Papa John's.

Not only that, but in their 26-14 win over EMU, Eastern Mich turned it over 4 times.

All 4 TOs were in NW territory, 2 in the red zone. They also missed a FG. EMU also ended the game when they couldn't convert on a 4th and goal from the 6.

NW had a long td play near end of game too. i had nw in that game YAY !!! i remember thinking that i finally got a lucky cover ..... just as i watched a uconn player return a fair catch punt for a td against me ...the "yay feeling" didn't last long. thursday games. sigh.

Ville - Strong OL, No skill players outside of Cantwell...

KFC - Very strong defense...

I think Cards are going to be a complete mess this year and Kentucky will get by because they've got some studs on defense. Only thing Cards have going for them is the game's at Papa John's.

If kentucky can't score on the ville , it is going to be a long season in the sec. just so concerned about all the skill position losses for cats

time to grab dinner. talk to ya later ... hope the late night thread is still going when i come back

can clemson finally live up to the hype?

what do you think of their week 1 match up with bama?

spread is -5 clem

CLemson always starts out well and fades (obviously). I'm not touching them against bama

I kind of lean Clemson, but with the OL concerns and such this will probably end up as a game that I just enjoy on TV.

No worries. Have a good night brar and bjorks.

1:20 on the east coast, but I've got 40 minutes in me.

Anyone else around?

D-Money, what's good mayne

Don't put too much weight into the Pulley dismissal. The staff has wanted to make Hartline the starter from day one.. He's been busting his ass this summer, not getting blazed like his former counterpart. He's got a pretty damn good arm and possesses leadership qualities coming from the buzz here in town. We got a freshman stud by the name of Randall Cobb, who we snagged right from the backyard of the Vols...with Pulley being dismissed, Cobb is now seeing reps @ QB (assume he'll be listed as 3rd stringer) while also working out at wideout. Joker says this guy is a freak and will be implemented into the offense early on.

good point on Rutgers, they were bad on D last year. I went back figuring they had a bunch of newbies in last year, and the only place that was true was linebacker. They lost their #1 and 3 tacklers, but had 3 starting dbs back and only loss on the line was an AA DT, although that has some impact. Maybe underscores lb importance if their out of position.
Talent for Rutgers on that side of the ball for this year only improves through experience. Fresno, though, this is not a great Pat Hill team of the past, so I'll pass.

---Oregon State loses all three lb's, but top 2 sack leaders return. LB will be bigger than the line. BIG BIG thing for me on Oregon State is the qb, both suckies return. Canfield with 9-15 ratio or cake eating Moevao 2-6. Canfield is best of the two if he can put it together the offense isn't bad.

-----thing on Southern Cal. With their past I wouldn't consider the 3 td's on road to an average BCS team, but how bad could Virginia be this year?? Steele has them LAST behind DUKE in the ACC and I don't know if this is an average BCS team or a MAC team that SC could roll up a 40 margin without even trying.

Talk about Oregon States departures, DL exp for Virginia will be 0 combined starts. Lose 3 starters off of the OL. They should have good back 7 play.

--Virginia couldn't score last year, I'd bet SC can hold them under 10 points easily. With the loss on DL would have to think SC could put some points up. One thing I would say is Virginia plays a 3-4, their lb's are great, if they can find a few lineman out of their lot on the roster they could be decent. 3-4 I kind of I like that defense against Sanchez and I'll tell you Virginia on defense only gave up 21 a couple times the whole year. Grohl does not give up over 30 on D.

Nice O-State. The one thing I'm about SC is UVA may not score at all against their defense. The SC defense is stellar and asking for 4 TD's isn't too much despite some soft questions concerning the SC OL.

Sorry guys. Wanted to talk last night but when that Favre story broke all hell broke loose at the workplace. What a terrible time for a huge story to break like that. 35 minutes until deadline. Have off today and tonight though so if anyone is around would love to talk about some games

Back