Late Night Discussion Thread

Anyone want to get something going tonight. At work all night and looks like its going to be a boring one which means lots of free time to talk about football

They got 2 stud JC players, a WR and TE, and the schedule is good. I think they got a shot at 11 wins if the defense is bend, not break.

If you're talking about Utah the TE (LaPorte) won't be making it to campus until January. I don't think it will hurt the Utes as much as it would have just been a great bonus. As far as the JC WR goes there are actually two of them that are supposed to be contributors to the team with David Reed being the more significant. Aion Key should also get in the mix as Utah likes to rotate 5 or 6 guys at the WR position.

Every word out of camp has the defense looking good. In all honesty if you listen to Ute fans you'll find more are worried about the offense living up to it's potential rather than the newcomers on the defensive side of the ball.

i can be in and out ....

Sorry I haven't gotten back to your TCU/NM question. It seems that Patterson is not happy with some of his offensive lineman in camp. Senior LG Preston Phillips has been demoted and Sophmore Josh Vernon has been playing with the first team. Junior RT Nic Richmond (13 starts last year) has been splitting time with Sophmore Marcus Cannon. TCU could go from having 4 OL returning to 2 if the changes in the depth chart hold.

I still like TCU to win the game but I can't possibly lay anything over 4 ecspecially with the Frogs starting a true freshman at kicker. I wanted to play TCU so bad, and I may still, but something about laying 5.5 points on the road in the opener with Dalton at the helm has me nervous. Maybe I need to go re-read your w/up on the game again. :)

I will say that the under in that game, pending line, is actually starting to look more enticing to me everyday. New Mexico will have 8 or 9 guys in the box against the TCU running game as their corners should have no problem playing man coverage against the TCU wideouts. We already know about TCU's defense against a "new" NM OL.

If it turns into a FG kicking contest there certainly could be some points missed out on as both kickers are freshman.

I will say that the under in that game, pending line, is actually starting to look more enticing to me everyday. New Mexico will have 8 or 9 guys in the box against the TCU running game as their corners should have no problem playing man coverage against the TCU wideouts. We already know about TCU's defense against a "new" NM OL.

If it turns into a FG kicking contest there certainly could be some points missed out on as both kickers are freshman.

Agree in a way ... but i dont think we see a high total at all.

Wright should be able to handle any of tcu wideouts one-on-one. But the rest might be formidable with a lot of guys int he box and a good TE.

Back