Kapalua Week -- TOC

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Here we go!

39 man field.

Rory skipping, so he is now committed to the other 11 elevated events (you get to miss one).

JT? History and I think he has a HUGE year...

Players who's game plays well at Augusta usually translates to Kapalua because of all the sidehill lies and undulating greens. But you also have to factor in the winds on the island, though early forecasts call for moderate winds. Haven't played anything yet, but will be looking at iron play as my most important skill, in addition to the success at Augusta angle. Really sucks that Cam Smith isn't here though

Assuming he's fully healthy, Willy Z at +2300 has my attention
Saw he was hitting a driver that was cut shorter?

He'll go back at some point but he's trying to change some angles on his setup to not hurt the back so much.

Obviously, he has a nice price this week but rust scares me along with the changes...

Nice thing with the later start tomorrow it gives time to catch up a bit...just vaguely I haven't looked into much but have seen Z and Cantlay as possible fades in this tournament, haven't read the details yet. Beauty of only 39 players means it shouldn't be too labor intensive.

These rankings are comprised of SG: App (25%) SG: OTT (20%); SG: Par 5 (20%); Prox 100-125 (15%); and SG: Putting (Bermudagrass) (Velcro) (15%)

1. Xander Schauffele (+1400)
  2. Will Zalatoris (+2800)
  3. Tony Finau (+1800)
  4. Patrick Cantlay (+1400)
  5. Sungjae Im (+2000)
  6. Justin Thomas (+1200)
  7. Tom Kim (+2000)
  8. Tom Hoge (+6000)
  9. Cameron Young (+2000)
  10. Scottie Scheffler (+1200)

The NLU guys played a round with Spieth and JT at Kapalua.

The YouTube video came out tonight. Freaking awesome. Definitely worth the 90 mins to watch.

Jordan rusty as can be though, as Bones noted. JT looked great.

If they don't get any wind this will likely finish in the -30s. Better wear your birdie shoes!

Homa +120 over Schauffele in Rd 2

Said Schauffele, who is suffering from an issue in his back, "Speed's down. Kind of just swinging, a little powderpuffing it out there."

Said Schauffele, who is suffering from an issue in his back, "Speed's down. Kind of just swinging, a little powderpuffing it out there."
Sucks because Homa is on my fade list this year but can't argue with science

Rd2

Stallings ov Finau +149

...SG:total +1.23 for each of them, but Stallings way outpaced Tony OTT and faltered ARG and APP -- I'm willing to discount those two metrics on this course, especially at this price

Brehm ov Power +244

...a huge SG edge for Brehm in putting versus a large edge for Power ARG...I'll back the hot flat stick at a big price

Swing it easy boys.

Pushed JT over X yesterday. JT left 3 strokes out there on the back 9.

Going to play hole by hole today, DK

Caesars is more fun so might put some wood into them too

Put in 2* on Collin Top 5 +110

Also .5* X top 10 +330

Don't try to predict weather, no one can on islands. Could always see a beautiful day, then 30 mph winds, then beautiful day again all in an hour and no one could see it coming

Just took JT 3 way v Svensson

15 +175
16 +175
17 +180

2* each

Figure if he's gonna make a move it will be these final holes today

Back