January 2014 In-game

2 - Man Utd have been eliminated at this stage of the #FACup for just the second time in 29 years (also 2010 v Leeds United). Surprise. 1 hours ago

1 - Swansea City have won at Old Trafford for the very first time in their history (D2 L8). Momentous. #FACup 1 hours ago

4 - Manchester United have lost four of their last six home games in all competitions (W2). Beaten. 1 hours ago

1 - Manchester United have scored more than one goal in just one of their last six games at Old Trafford (3-1 v West Ham). Tame. 2 hours ago

1 - Manchester United have kept just one clean sheet in their last six at Old Trafford (all comps). Welcome. 3 hours ago

YxMjI6y.png

United better get their shit together real soon.
TBH, I'm not all that disappointed in the FA cup loss. League and CL is way more important.

On AC Milan for a nibble this morning. :cheers:

United better get their shit together real soon.
TBH, I'm not all that disappointed in the FA cup loss. League and CL is way more important.

On AC Milan for a nibble this morning. :cheers:

This. I knew there was a good chance Villa would lose after Lambert openly said the FA Cup isn't worth it. I also think it depends on the club though, Villa don't have the depth to compete and it's not like they are safe from relegation.
Clubs like Chelsea/Man City/Pool/Arsenal and sorry to say Man Utd are expected to at least have the depth to go far. But of late the big boys are more focused on CL and League play where there is $$$ to be made.

Yeah. United depth is certainly there, but quality is lacking. But tbh, their second team for many many years and even this year should be able to beat Swansea at home. All these losses at home is quite embarrassing for a team as big as United. But, still plenty of good season to be had.
speaking of disappointments, this ac milan team is shameful. Only 4 league wins is a disgrace. they should thump atalanta at home, but just up the one goal.
Think I need to make a phone call to get their asses in gear here.

can't imagine atletico madrid to lose both those players in january. They still have david villa, but that's hardly enough. AM's defense has been fucking stout though, take a look at what they allow this year.

Yeah. United depth is certainly there, but quality is lacking. But tbh, their second team for many many years and even this year should be able to beat Swansea at home. All these losses at home is quite embarrassing for a team as big as United. But, still plenty of good season to be had.
speaking of disappointments, this ac milan team is shameful. Only 4 league wins is a disgrace. they should thump atalanta at home, but just up the one goal.
Think I need to make a phone call to get their asses in gear here.

In regards to Milan it is openly known about how the upper management get quite a lot of $$$ based on who plays and the agents the players belong too. They have the name/brand/history however the desire to win games is not there. The desire to make money however is top priority for them. The club is filled with a lot of greed, it's typical for an Italian club however Milan is just an exception

can't imagine atletico madrid to lose both those players in january. They still have david villa, but that's hardly enough. AM's defense has been fucking stout though, take a look at what they allow this year.

they would really need to make sure they have a plan to reinforce because they cannot just throw the season away considering they are top 3 in Spain this year, they are better without Falcao.
Their defence is based on their possession play, they make their opponents run around like headless chickens and tire themselves out.
The production system is very similar to that of Porto, good youth academy, don't spend a lot of transfer, fantastic scouting. Pretty amazing to believe the likes of Kun Aguero, Torres and Falcao established themselves there.

never quite understood the whole sign for another team especially a rival but keep playing for the current team.
I mean that Goetze and Lewy fiasco is a bit disgusting.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Y también Camilo Sanvezzo, quien aquí saluda a todos nuestros aficionados de <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gallos&amp;src=hash">#Gallos</a> <a href="http://t.co/hih60Qlkfu">pic.twitter.com/hih60Qlkfu</a></p>&mdash; Gallos Blancos Qro. (@Club_Queretaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/Club_Queretaro/statuses/420251946964885504">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

wow, last I read was 1 month

And I doubt Arsenal buy anyone.

Won't be in the world cup...can you imagine - he wont play in a World Cup before the age of 29, even though he was in the squad for one at the age of 17.

not really a loss for England

hopefully means Lalanna makes the team now, him and Rooney together behind Sturridge our best show of picking the lock on the good teams

ya gnabry won't be loaned out, but Ox needs to step up and play better.

Moyes effect with Rooney, will probably run him into the ground by end of season.

Lallana or Lennon, but also Milner and possibly Townsend

essentially 4 wing spots

I think right now it's Townsend/Welbeck/Lennon/Lalanna

Ox, Sterling are most likely to push for the 4th spot

Milner will make it as cover for all of the MF

but it will depend too on play, 2 months ago I would say Henderson and Huddlestone both had no shot

I could see 1 or both making it now

right now the only certs would be

Hart, Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Jones, Gerrard, Carrick, Wilshere, Townsend, Lennon, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge

leaves 2 keepers

4 defenders

2 midfielders

1 striker

I disagree

Sturridge has 19 goals in his last 24 games since going to Liverpool

Rooney as a 10 behind him which is always his best role

I disagree

Sturridge has 19 goals in his last 24 games since going to Liverpool

Rooney as a 10 behind him which is always his best role

let me say it again when you have Welbeck and Sturridge leading your front line, you are shit. Come on man lets face it take a look at the WC teams seriously these are the two that England can produce? That is brutal. The quality of strikers in England has dropped since Shearer and Ferdinand that's just how it is.
Sturridge is not World Class, neither is Welbeck.
England has and will always rely on its midfield.

I think that heat is going to be really tricky for the pacey wingers, guys like Carrick and Gerrard should be fine but the pace players might have to change their style a bit.
Hart better clean up his act

Welbeck wont be leading the line

he plays on the wing

Hodgson has played a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 for the most part

Sturridge up top, Rooney in behind

if Welbeck plays its on the left

Hahah this guy Walcott what a little fucker

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott will not face FA action for the gesture he made to Tottenham fans during the FA Cup victory at The Emirates on Saturday.
The England international, 24, was being stretchered from the pitch having suffered an injury when he made a 2-0 sign to the away supporters, who responded by throwing several missiles in his direction.
The FA has reminded Walcott of his 'responsibilities' after reviewing the incident and will not issue any punishment, but it called on the clubs to take severe action against fans who hurled objects.
A statement suggested that Arsenal and Tottenham should even issue life bans if they identify the culprits.
It read: "The FA has contacted both Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur to seek their observations in relation to objects being thrown from both a home and away section of the crowd at different times during Saturday's FA Cup third round tie.
"The FA condemns any such acts and will liaise with both clubs and the Metropolitan Police to identify those responsible and support the strongest sanctions available, including life bans.
"Meanwhile, in relation to the same fixture, The FA has contacted Arsenal's Theo Walcott and reminded him of his responsibilities regarding a 'score-line' gesture he made in front of away supporters during the game. The FA will not be taking any further disciplinary action."
Arsenal are expected to supply CCTV footage to help identify any offenders.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/iN9ou/embed"></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DcQM_gDvHWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder who will play the Eusebio Cup against Benfica in August. Should be massive.

alex bellos ‏@alexbellos
Percentage of stadiums finished 5 months before World Cup: France 80%, Japan/SK 95%, Germany 100%, S Africa 60%, Brazil 58.3%.

And to think some teams already had up-to-date stadiums that needed some FIFA retrofitting, but they choose to build new stadiums for some teams.

Wonder how the olympics 2016 will go...

Januzaj goal disallowed

They could play this game for 270 minutes and we'll not see a goal. Gonna play 0-0 at ht

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke: 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not be held in June &amp; July <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SSN&amp;src=hash">#SSN</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statuses/420874834260672512">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Valcke: I think it will be held between November 15 and January 15 at the latest - more on this breaking story on <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SSN&amp;src=hash">#SSN</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statuses/420876088961556480">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>FIFA vice president Jim Boyce shocked by Valcke statement as decision yet to be made by FIFA executive committee <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SSN&amp;src=hash">#SSN</a></p>&mdash; Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statuses/420884546452602880">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

Former Aston Villa, West Ham and Everton midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger has revealed he is Yag.
Hitzlsperger is the highest-profile footballer to 'come out' and follows American Robbie Rogers, who revealed his sexuality last year.
Hitzlsperger won 52 caps for Germany and finished his career at Stuttgart last year, retiring because of injury.
In an interview with Germany's Time magazine, he said: "It has been a long and difficult process...only in recent years has it dawned on me that I would prefer to live with another man."
Hitzlsperger, 31, says he does not know any other players in Germany who are Yag.
"I'm coming out about my homosexuality because I want to move the discussion about homosexuality among professional sportspeople forwards," Hitzlsperger said.
"I've never been ashamed of the way I am," he added, although he conceded it has not always been easy to live with some of the comments dished out on the subject.
"Just picture 20 men sat around a table together drinking - you've just got to let the majority be, just as long as the jokes are halfway funny and the talk about homosexuality doesn't get too insulting.
"In England, Germany or Italy, homosexuality is not taken seriously as an issue, at least not in the dressing room."
Aston Villa, the German's first English club, said on social media: "Everyone who knows Thomas from his time here at Villa has great respect for him, not only as the fine player he was but also as a man.
"His statement today is a straightforward statement and, along with our support as a club, we hope that everyone involved in the game extend to him their support as well."
While the Professional Footballers' Association said: "It is great that Hitzlsperger has discussed his sexual orientation openly. The PFA hope to learn from his experiences as a player."
Several footballers have voiced their support on social media, among them Arsenal's Lukas Podolski, who played alongside Hitzlsperger for Germany.
"Brave and right decision," he wrote. "Respect, Thomas Hitzlsperger. His outing is a important sign in our time."
QPR midfielder Joey Barton tweeted: "Thomas Hitzlsperger has shown a lot of courage today.
"Sad times when people have to wait till they retire from their chosen profession before they feel other people will judge them solely on who the human being is. Shame on all of us as a society."
Former England Under-21 international Justin Fashanu was the first professional footballer in Britain to come out in 1990 before he took his own life eight years later, aged 37.
Tennis legend Martina Navratilova came out publicly as Yag in 1981 while John Amaechi was the first NBA player to openly admit to being Yag in 2007.
Ex-Wales rugby union captain Gareth Thomas, plus England and Surrey wicketkeeper Steven Davies, have come out in the last five years.
Olympic boxing gold medallist Nicola Adams topped the Independent's annual 'Pink List' poll of influential lesbian, Yag, bisexual and transgender people in November 2012.
And last month Tom Daley revealed he was in a relationship with a man, while two other Olympic divers have previously come out.
Australian Matthew Mitcham announced he was Yag in 2008 shortly before he won a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics, and four-time Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis revealed he was Yag following his retirement in 1995.

Why is Michael Bradley going to the mls

He could still be a decent starter for some Italian teams or a fulham

Wow at that,, he should stay in Europe. I'm assuming he is going be paid in the Dempsey range or higher...

don't you want your US Nationals playing at the most competitive league? It's not like Bradley is down the pecking order? He definitely has a place in the BPL, Bundesliga, Serie A and even La Liga.

Not sure what exact motives are, but mls is giving these players opportunity to make more money and live in North America/United States.. That probabaly is hard to turn down

Not sure what exact motives are, but mls is giving these players opportunity to make more money and live in North America/United States.. That probabaly is hard to turn down

hmmm I suppose but don't you think at the prime of their careers they want to play with the best? I mean it's great you are loved and all in your own nation which should be expected, but to practice and train with the top tier players in environments that you won't get back at your home country is something perhaps every player should go through no?

Personally I think this is a step back, a guy like Dempsey has already done what he needed to do in his career, play in the best league and actually be a relevant player not a bench warmer.
Jones should definitely stay, he's in a CL club in a competitive league.

So TFC new season should be interesting...

Defoe and Bradley , might go to my first TFC game:thinking:

Back